Username: Password:

Author Topic: Official Undead Nightmare DLC Chat Here  (Read 215216 times)

Offline BaxterTM

• I played with RedDeadDev4 !
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Official Undead Nightmare DLC Chat Here
« on: September 07, 2010, 05:37:34 PM »
Since there are billions of threads about zombies i made this to stop all the threads coming through, so go ahead and discuss.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 06:00:22 PM by Claydon »
[align=center][/align]

Offline cassavetes

• the inconspicuous ghost on your wall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RE: Discuss Zombie DLC here.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 05:56:33 PM »
perhaps naming this this the "official undead nightmare DLC thread" would further simplify things. you know as this pack gets closer to release you're going to have several undead & nightmare threads pop up everywhere on this site. i am just suggesting this thread could contain zombies, creatures and all that mythical stuff. also, it seems like the liars & cheats thread should have never been combined with the nightmare dlc.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 09:53:12 AM by cassavetes »

as i was browsing the forum, occasionally i saw brief glimpses of beauty

Offline Simple_Man_tm

• Sooner Or Later, God Will Cut You Down\'
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RE: Official Undead Nightmare DLC Chat Here
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 09:42:41 PM »
Nice. Finally, a thread where we can all enter our posts in one place. Thank you Baxter.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 09:43:13 PM by Simple_Man_tm »

100% Completion Club
100% Undead Nightmare Club
Rider Of Death
B

Offline ClarenceJack

• Comrade
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 10:21:44 PM »
Very Good, now its one Thread instead of a bunch of Misc. ones scattered around the Forum!! Can't Wait for Dlc!

Sasquatch Protection Club    

[img]http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k543/godzillia

Offline SpectralForm

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 06:07:45 AM »
what toke u so long? lol
anyhow thanks Mr. Mod :D
let the rambling begin ^^
\"The devil is a loser,and he\'s my bitch\"

Offline russik112

• Yosemite Sam Argh!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 07:35:50 AM »
I just wish that the random encounters will be a group zombies feasting upon an dead victum, and when you aproach they make that good old '' Rise your head and look at you for a split second, then sprinting for more man meat-thing''

Also I would like to see small check points created by the Mexican army and the American..

Also my biggest wish is an fortified Black water with a big gate or something to keet these pescky things off, other small towns and outposts I want to see abondoned with maybe 5-6 zombies who walk around doing nothing.. Damn I am Exited!

Offline MVPlayer21

• Ace in the Hole
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 09:12:43 AM »
I think the idea of having random zombie attacks is excellent, maybe throw a L4D2 feel to it by making the zombies actually fast in their movement to allow a more intense experience.  Zombie bears, zombie cougars, with increased speed and durability equals get the hell out of the way!   Maybe R* can include the possibility of being infected and have the ability to "infect" other players by either biting them, etc.    Can't wait for the DLC as well, should be fun and probably will end up the best DLC for Redemption thus far.
Show content for Hiden:
Another idea that struck me if John Marston is a zombie himself, being resurrected somehow by the 'outbreak.'  Does that mean we could see all our previous lovable cast (Irish, Landon, Dutch, Javier Escuella as zombified versions of themselves?).  Is John trying to find a "cure" for not only himself but maybe Jack who could be partially infected.  This would also let the player play as John and explain why Jack is on the sidelines.  So many ideas can thrown out there with the new DLC.  On a random note, if John is indeed a zombie I'd love to see him devour or infect Archer Fordham and give him an in-canon demise as I sorely missed taking him out as Jack (yeah I know you could kill him during the John's last stand but I want an official stamp of death with him) How great and ironic would it be if the actual cure is Nigel West Dickens' Elixir? I would laugh so loud if R* did that.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 09:56:29 AM by MVPlayer21 »
Global Gang Shootout Rank: #8
Global Total Wins Rank: #41
Global Total Kills Rank: #81
PS3 Version

Offline cassavetes

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 09:59:52 AM »
here's what i said before on another thread, but i thought it would be more appropriate to have it here instead:

- i hope this isn't canon. john as the main lead could make this bad if they try to tie it into the main storyline for obvious reasons. i assume R* didn't make an error by saying john instead of the other guy, right? seems like if that was the case it would of been fixed by now though.
- new weapons. i really hope this means more authentic guns. guns that existed post civil war that are not currently in the game. i also hope it's not made up shit like some stupid steam powered chainsaw or something. chainsaws DO NOT equal zombie fun. while i am at it, zombies shouldn't run either. get over it modern day zombie fanboys, that trend is lame.
- new gameplay mechanics. even though this has nothing to do with zombies, i really hope they might include mechanics such as smoking, sitting and leaning on stuff, etc... going to hope for that. instead it's probably something john will be able to do like behead zombies or something stereotypical that's melee related...
- i bet the "secret area" is some new or expanded mineshaft in the side of nekoti rock.

those are just a few initial thoughts i had when i first read the press release. regardless, i hope whatever they add will be carried over to the main singleplayer part of the game too (ie - the new gameplay mechanics, weapons, secret area)

Offline RoiVampire

• Gunslinger
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 10:30:52 AM »
I hope zombies aren't running full out sprints but it would be nice if they didn't hobble around super slow. Maybe like the infected people in Resident Evil 4 where they're walking but they're sort of in a hurry it's just they aren't as coordinated as they used to be. Real easy to get overwhelmed by those guys.

Offline cassavetes

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 10:50:22 AM »
Quote from: 'RoiVampire' pid='165815' dateline='1283956252'

I hope zombies aren't running full out sprints but it would be nice if they didn't hobble around super slow. Maybe like the infected people in Resident Evil 4 where they're walking but they're sort of in a hurry it's just they aren't as coordinated as they used to be. Real easy to get overwhelmed by those guys.

i can see the zombies moving/walking slowly but when they are near you they start picking up the pace a little. so going from a slow walk to a hurried shuffle with arms extended.

i wonder if they will attack your horse or other animals. would love to be riding the plains then see a "walker" be mauled by a cougar that seemed to come out of nowhere at full sprint. i already fear and respect cougars, but this would just elevate that feeling of respect.

Offline Cookiekiller

• Liked: 82
  • Chairmode activate *boop*
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 11:00:54 AM »
I just thought of what could have caused the outbreak:
N.W.D's elixer, only in serious doses.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:01:07 AM by Cookiekiller »

Offline RoiVampire

• Gunslinger
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 11:07:24 AM »
Yeah like shambling at first and then when they spot you they start kinda speed walking with their arms stretched out and kinda stumbling forward

I also hope there are enough of them to get overwhelmed easily if you make a stupid mistake or don't keep your eyes peeled.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:08:48 AM by RoiVampire »

Offline Deignan95

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 04:53:02 PM »
I'm really excited for this, pity I'm in a big year at school and am cutting down on my gaming big time. I'll probably pick this up when school ends for winter just before Christmas.

Offline xxdeathglockxx

• Make me Famous.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2010, 07:09:46 PM »
Im gonna buy it the day it comes out. btw i gotta ask.... is it gonna be free roam? and new outfits + the old ones? its gonna be awesome killin zombie werewolves with tomahawks and explosive rifles. rofl.
We\'ve all seen the man at the liquor store beggin\' for your change
The hair on his face is dirty, dreadlocked and full of mange
He ask the man for what he could spare with shame in his eyes
Get a job you fuckin\' slob\'s all he replied
God forbid you ever had to walk a mile in his shoes
\'Cau

Offline Duxfever

• Kitten's Nightmare
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2010, 07:26:37 PM »
Quote from: 'cassavetes' pid='165800' dateline='1283954392'

- i hope this isn't canon. john as the main lead could make this bad if they try to tie it into the main storyline for obvious reasons. i assume R* didn't make an error by saying john instead of the other guy, right? seems like if that was the case it would of been fixed by now though.

Either that, or the 'Nightmare' in the title is literal.

Offline Grand Skiner

• Hunts the Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 09:50:02 PM »
I want to see little random events like if you save a man from zombies you get money or somthing like that

Offline *Rockstar*

• Oh, training they forbid!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 10:22:54 PM »
I have an idea- Finding the "cure" is just like searching for scraps for an outfit, like a puzzle. One scrap could be found in the chest at the graveyard at Sepulcro, along with the Reyes Rebels thing. Another, you'd have to beat one of the last Undead Nightmare missions in order to fully unlock the "cure" and unlock the final mission that deals with the end of the zombie outbreak.

You can switch between the main game and Undead Nightmare Pack in the Pause Menu.

After awakening from John/(Jacks?) Nightmare, a gag happens in which John/Jack wakes up at his first "Zombie Shelter" (Undead Nightmare's equivalent to Safehouses), sees a group of zombies running towards him, which means that the adventure is not over and can be "continued" whenever you like
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 10:23:16 PM by *Rockstar* »
Yoda sensed in him much fear, but Qui Gon said now listen here, just stick it in your pointy ear,

I still... will teeeacch this boy.

Offline RoiVampire

• Gunslinger
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 10:31:59 PM »
I don't care if it's canon or not, the same way i don't care how Wolverine can be on two different Avengers teams and two different X-teams. If it's a good story and a good game then it shouldn't matter where it fits. Just tell yourself it's an alternate reality if it makes you sleep easier at night.

Offline StickyWickett

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2010, 07:17:57 PM »
What I really want is limited ammunition. I want to have to pick my shots carefully. I want to have to work for these luxuries and, if I'm careless, be limited to a knife and a plank of wood. Or maybe we could swing our rifles at them?

I would also quite like to see a mixture of slow and fast zombies. The majority being slow with maybe 10% fast.

This would add to the pressure of zombie hordes. And just imagine wiping out a town of zombies, running out of ammo, then a fast zombie begins running towards you in the distance. You'd need to decide between taking your chances and standing your ground with a melee weapon, or running for the nearest shelter or climbable structure then beating it senseless as it struggles to reach you.

That's what I want.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 10:20:44 PM by StickyWickett »

Offline Cookiekiller

• Liked: 82
  • Chairmode activate *boop*
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2010, 12:50:43 AM »
Quote from: 'Duxfever' pid='166119' dateline='1283988397'

Quote from: 'cassavetes' pid='165800' dateline='1283954392'

Either that, or the 'Nightmare' in the title is literal.

I didn't get it at first, but when I did I lol'd, hard.
This really can't be canon, and if it is, it should just be Jack waking up, instead of John, for obvious reasons.