Username: Password:

Author Topic: How are we doing?  (Read 75373 times)

Offline Dylan

• SrsBsnsCEO
  • Liked: 226
  • Business has never been so Srs.
  • Awards For helping out the community of RedDead.Net
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RE: How are we doing?
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2010, 02:00:13 PM »
I think you should have a thread announcing who the new MODS/ADMINS are...

Offline James

• Liked: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2010, 07:27:25 AM »
Thats actually a good point. I suppose it would have been more helpful to have done that a long time ago since I doubt we will make any new additions for quite a while but I'll remember your comment. If youre interested in finding out who is in the staff and who is still active, scroll down to the bottom of the main page and you will see a little link in the banner that says "forum team". From there, it will tell you exactly who is a part of the staff and what their position is.

Right now, I would say our active members are Andy, Jasmine, Dylan, Claydon, Godzilliac, MC., Tonberry, Kryten, Predawn and myself. So if you need any assistance, these would be your best bet.
[align=center][/align]

Offline lkkarus

• ::
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.reddead.net
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2010, 03:45:00 PM »
Can I use the report button to report threads that have run their course and should be closed?

I've only used the report button to close a duplicate thread I made for the L&C trailer, somebody made a thread for it a few seconds earlier.

Offline Claydon

• Liked: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2010, 07:32:58 PM »
Sure, we can close threads on request. Usually they should be your threads, though.

Offline James

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2010, 04:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Vlad
James,sorry to say,but these days you have really acted like a a**hole.Ucah8er agreed with me,as well as other users.Calm yourself before you start closing threads and banning people for no reasons ok?

Lets start with my being an asshole. I try my hardest to be decent and trust me, the last thing I want to happen on here is drama, arguing, etc. My attitude towards a certain user is based on that users prior attitude toward this site or its members. Vlad, youre probably referring to my attitude because you have had to face it one time or another. I think my being straight to the point when it comes to moderating users is confusing to a lot of people as they think I might be being mean when really, I just dont see a need to try and take a tone over a miniscule issue. I prefer that if things happen, they be dealt with and forgotten as quickly as possible. The main reason for this is because if I were to act friendly in any way during a situation, I would recieve 1,000 PM's about how I pick sides with one user over another. It does happen constantly when that is not the case at all. Any staff member will tell you the same.

Now, banning. I never have and never will ban any user for no reason or simply because they get on my nerves. Hell, youve gotten on my nerves plenty of times yet you havent even gotten a warning level. When I do ban a member, I always consult atleast 2 members of the staff before hand making sure its a proper solution to the problem. Just because I do not give the general user base (such as yourself) a reason for a ban, does not mean that there is no reason. As stated before, there is always staff members who know about it and the reason for every ban is documented in the Mod Control Panel (only mods have access to it). So hopefully that clears that up.

Closing threads: Here you may be somewhat correct. I do usually give a reason for closing threads unless the thread content is in clear violation of the rules, the user failed to see that there were 50 threads just like it on the same page, the user ignored a stickied topic or announcement that said not to do exactly what they are doing, and just plain stupidity. This my patience has run pretty thin with and I probably should chill just a little before closing. This piece of advice from you, although rudely delivered, will be remembered.

As stated in the other thread, any complaints you may have should be sent via PM and not in the form of derailment of someone elses thread.
[align=center][/align]

Offline Vlad

• Liked: 278
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2010, 05:41:26 PM »
You just seem angry man,for whatever reasons,It's just a feeling I get.

Offline James

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2010, 05:53:51 PM »
Lol, and I can assure you that isnt the case. Either way, dont go throwing punches without facts and for the wrong reasons. Just to clarify: No. James is not angry.
[align=center][/align]

Offline godzilliac

• Voodoo Baron
  • Liked: 100
    • View Profile
    • Renderosity.com
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2010, 06:01:13 PM »
Quote from: 'Vlad' pid='228687' dateline='1290033686'

You just seem angry man,for whatever reasons,It's just a feeling I get.

This is internet, Vlad. With all the pros and cons that come with it. The anonymity you have might let you say things you might be a bit more reserved to express when face to face. At the same time it's not always easy to judge if someone is joking or not.

Nothing that can't be resolved with some communication and goodwill.

Offline Vlad

• Liked: 278
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2010, 06:07:51 PM »
I see,James,sorry for the misunderstanding.

Offline James

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2010, 06:35:34 PM »
Dont worry about it, dude. I'll try not to come off as harsh in the future.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 07:00:55 PM by James »
[align=center][/align]

Offline Grandma

• Mew mew mewwwww.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2010, 07:15:56 PM »
I think the mods and Admins are doing an awesome job keeping the forums a friendly community. I'd espessialy (spelling?) like to give a shout out to Tonberry, DBD, and Jasmine. They're probably the friendliest (spelling again?) mods I've seen on these here internetz.

Offline lkkarus

• ::
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.reddead.net
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2010, 03:32:05 PM »
Yes the staff here are very friendly and courteous.
The only problem I see is that a lot of duplicate threads are popping up in areas like the Red Dead DLC Section.
Other then that good job :)

Offline James

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2010, 09:11:21 PM »
^Thanks for letting us know. We'll check it out.
[align=center][/align]

Offline Claydon

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2010, 09:54:59 AM »
Thanks for the input Jersey. To rectify the problem you mentioned, a while back a I created an entirely new group, the Inactive Moderators. Our semi-official policy is as follows. If a staff member has not posted or logged on to the site, and has not been active for a month, then they are moved to that group. Does that make sense?

Check out our staff page, you'll see it there.

Offline sF Fizzy

• Doo doo doo-doo doo-doo doo doooooo doooooo doo-doo-doo-doooooo doo-doo-doodoo-doo-doo...
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2010, 05:42:43 PM »
I personally think I've been treated a bit unfairly (with H_T_T lashing out at me and complaing im a "hard ass" because i dont make sigs fast enough" getting me banned) but other than that you guys are doing good. Clay and James did excellent jobs handling the Mad Men situation a while back and helping us with that cunt who kept f***ing up the Bandits recruitment thread. You're pretty fast with dealing with reports as well.

Keep it up fools

Offline James

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2010, 02:11:48 AM »
Getting you banned because you dont make sigs fast enough? You wanna clarify this a little more so I can look into it?
[align=center][/align]

Offline Dylan

• SrsBsnsCEO
  • Liked: 226
  • Business has never been so Srs.
  • Awards For helping out the community of RedDead.Net
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2010, 10:29:29 AM »
@James - I think it was because his requests were building up and he had only replied to a few...I don't wanna start an argument here but....I'm just saying.

EDIT-It's all in this thread: http://www.reddead.net/forums/thread-signature-requests
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 10:32:05 AM by Dylan »

Offline sF Fizzy

• Doo doo doo-doo doo-doo doo doooooo doooooo doo-doo-doo-doooooo doo-doo-doodoo-doo-doo...
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2010, 03:17:26 PM »
Yeah its there. I was received reports on me because I was "mean" to newcomers. apparently it was because im a harsh grader when it comes to signatures and that makes me douchebag. That is what trail said, and it got me banned.

Offline James

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2010, 07:23:15 PM »
Hm. Im going to look into it some more and talk to the person who banned you and see if I can get that 20% lifted. Fair enough?

Edit: Youre back to zero now.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 07:28:48 PM by James »
[align=center][/align]

Offline James

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2010, 07:53:34 PM »
Also, thanks for the help clearing this up Dilly.
[align=center][/align]