Username: Password:

Author Topic: co-op=teamwork  (Read 2583 times)

Offline Iriquois

• Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
co-op=teamwork
« on: October 16, 2010, 01:25:10 PM »
im so po'd right now, just had a couple of co op matches with groups of 2-4 and whenever i was downed they wouldnt revive me because they wanted the exp and i was doing so much better than them. i have never encountered such selfish ****. Co-op is meant for teamwork and completion and not effin exp.
am i right?

Offline HiredGun

• ...and justice for all
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RE: co-op=teamwork
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 02:53:36 PM »
co-op=too glitchy to play

Offline dave2

• Occhio per occhio
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 02:57:55 PM »
Yes ...Not trying to be a smart ass , but why would you keep going down IF you were doing so much better ? Co-op is meant for team work, but if I'm playing with someone that exposes himself unnecessarily I'm not gonna go down trying to revive him ... I'm not saying you do this ? .. but if you go down so much that you come here and make a topic on it you may be trying to rush into it .. Really if you take time and use cover the damage you take should be very limited  ... One of the reasons I don't play much co-op is that I always end up with ppl that treat it like a race to get the most kills instead of a co-op mission

Offline Iriquois

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 03:10:13 PM »
i never said i got downed many times,
i moved along with the rest of the team, and i just happened to get hit the most; it happens. Afterwards those guys would stand right next to me, shooting at the enemy; they were basically at my feet. They were 2-3 in 1 party and they would run a mile to save their friends, but i would be laying 3 feet from them and they would purposely wait until they killed every enemy. i joined a couple of different co-op rooms then and they tended to have parties of selfish losers.

Offline dave2

• Occhio per occhio
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 03:25:28 PM »
Just asking  ..yea sometimes you go down no matter how careful you are.. There are a lot of selfish ppl playing ... like I was saying I get these guys always rushing in front of you like Rambo to get the most kills .. It might have been better to leave the individual stats off ... I guess like everything else it's best to play with a group of ppl you know.

Offline considine46

• Will revive you if i don\'t die doing it
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 05:02:36 PM »
Hi dave2,Love playing co-op,its not about rushing in,and sometimes it happens like you say!
I had some guys on Waltons Gold who somehow managed to rush into the mine and start the clock ticking before we had cleared the outside!No chance!
Same on The River,to get gold patience and headshots are required!

Anyway if your on PS3 my username is consadine46,link up!
God will forgive them,he will forgive them and let them into heaven.
I can\'t live with that.
(Quote from Dead Mans Shoes,a film by Shane Meadows.I arent a God botherer!)
100% Completion Club
100% Undead Club
Myth Hunter

Offline RomeoRox

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 05:04:31 PM »
Reminds me of when I use to play MAG. I was a top medic. I would risk my own ass to get to do revive and no matter what. When I would go down, I'd  have players two feet from me with their half-med-kits and would ignore that I needed help.

As always, Dave makes a very good point. Players should not hot dog it or, act the part of a solo Rambo but even still, a good player revives his/her team-mates.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 05:49:41 PM by RomeoRox »

Offline considine46

• Will revive you if i don\'t die doing it
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 05:17:21 PM »
Agreed RomeoRox,If someones closeby you rescue them.
I always check the radar if theyre far off,because you obviously have to clear the enemy near them to rescue someone.
As soon as someone goes down get to them but make it safe!I feel bad sometimes when they go down and your trying to clear it so you both dont get killed and fail!
Experience tells you to get to a safer area as soon as you are revived but some people dont,which gets tiresome!
God will forgive them,he will forgive them and let them into heaven.
I can\'t live with that.
(Quote from Dead Mans Shoes,a film by Shane Meadows.I arent a God botherer!)
100% Completion Club
100% Undead Club
Myth Hunter

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
  • Liked: 239
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2010, 09:47:46 PM »
I thought I read somewhere in another thread that everyone in a co-op recieves the same amount of xp for the mission, but kills are simply used to set personal high scores. I've noticed that when im leading the mission in kills, the other players do tend to let me bleed out more like the OP said, maybe if there was a loading screen banner that read "work together- you all receive the same amount of XP for completion" less players would do this.

Offline Slimm City

• Mad Men
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
    • http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Posse:Mad_Men
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 11:56:10 PM »
Quote from: 'RomeoRox' pid='199856' dateline='1287263071'

Reminds me of when I use to play MAG. I was a top medic. I would risk my own ass to get to do revive and no matter what. When I would go down, I'd  have players two feet from me with their half-med-kits and would ignore that I needed help.

This use to always happened to me in Battlefield:BC2
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 11:56:43 PM by Slimm City »
[align=center]
Mad Men Headquarters
[/b][/i][/size]

[img=310x65]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s249/Slimmmmcity/Mad%20Men/RDnetAwardThreadBanner-Posse1

Offline Blazed_B_6710

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 02:41:08 AM »
Quote from: 'Iriquois' pid='199680' dateline='1287249910'
im so po'd right now, just had a couple of co op matches with groups of 2-4 and whenever i was downed they wouldnt revive me because they wanted the exp and i was doing so much better than them. i have never encountered such selfish ****. Co-op is meant for teamwork and completion and not effin exp.
am i right?

Everyone gets the same ammount of exp no matter what in co-op. Doesn't matter if one guy got 100 kills and another guy got 0 kills, they'll still earn the same ammount of exp after the mission is done.
PSN: Blazed_B_6710
LIVE: Blazed B 6710

Offline Iriquois

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 08:17:59 AM »
Quote from: 'Blazed_B_6710' pid='200299' dateline='1287297668'

am i right?

Everyone gets the same ammount of exp no matter what in co-op. Doesn't matter if one guy got 100 kills and another guy got 0 kills, they'll still earn the same ammount of exp after the mission is done.

i also meant trophies and challenges;
in escape and ammunition, ppl are so eager to get to the cannons

Offline wikime123

• My mistake... four coffins
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 12:25:28 AM »
nah i know what you mean man. that never happened to me but i did play with some douches who were killing me with their shotguns on purpose and just leavin me to die. i wasnt even doing good or bad we just started a game and BOOM no reason!

Offline ritz_bitz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 01:28:10 AM »
I've gotten fire bottles thrown at me for the cannon in "The Escape".
PSN: ritz_bitz

Offline SuperJude

• Not The Nicest Guy
  • D WILD BUNCH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 04:36:53 AM »
Quote from: 'Iriquois' pid='200425' dateline='1287317879'

in escape and ammunition, ppl are so eager to get to the cannons

That always amuses me. I never use the cannon, I have terrible luck with getting hit as I'm getting on the cannon. I always stop on the hilltop and try to get as many points as possible with the sniper rifle/headshot/killchain method.

I'm ranked fairly high on The Escape so my method definitely will net a lot of points. Well that and I already got my cannon trophy and all associated Coop challenges.

Offline DethPimp

• Mad Men
  • Liked: 1394
  • I am Mad as Hell!
  • Awards Best Writer 2014 Best writer Best moderator Awarded to the user voted Best Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 04:41:15 AM »
there should be a big neon sign at the beginning of every episode: overall XP is shared evenly in coop modes!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 04:41:33 AM by OldBill »

Offline precesh

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 04:57:31 AM »
Totally agree - not getting revived isn't such an issue for me, I think most people realise that the the more players there are, the better chance of completing the mission. But my problem is that people don't work co-operatively; it's much better to work in pairs, so one can revive the other.

The classic is on The River, when you get to Nosalida, people rush off straightaway and get killed. Same on Walton's Gold at the end.

Then you have the guys who shoot you on the raft - had one guy jump on the gatling gun on Walton's Gold last night and try to take out the team - he didn't last long.. :dodgy:

I enjoy the co-op but the idiots take a little of the fun out of it. If you guys want to add me we could try to get some decent co-op going.

Phil (PSN - precesh)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 05:00:55 AM by precesh »

Offline A Blunted Bullet

• Mad Men
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 247
  • Mad Men Presidente de Vice
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 04:57:36 AM »

am i right?

If you drown you cant be revived, try being careful getting back on the boat in the river!

Offline SuperJude

• Not The Nicest Guy
  • D WILD BUNCH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 08:12:59 AM »
It isn't a matter of "being careful". There are glitches in Coop which haven't been addressed. One of them is the random drownings that happens at certain distinct points on the mission, as well as the end in Nosalida where I've been drown simply because the game spawned somebody else on top of me.

The River certainly is a good example. The worst was the other day with a group of guys who were actively trying to get gold for their tropy. 2 games in a row, they fail to listen when I tell them we need 10,000 points and the easiest way to get that is headshots/chainkills, most often with the sniper.

Sure enough they rush into Nosalida with shotguns and dynamite and we get silver despite me, who is top 20 in The River Advanced, telling them what to do.

Sometimes the best thing that can happen is everybody else dies since I trust myself to get enough for Gold. Shame having to feel that way when it's all about TEAMWORK!

Can't even count how many times playing Walton's Gold I've said "DO NOT GO OUTSIDE" only to have them immediately go outside and die.

Offline DethPimp

• Mad Men
  • Liked: 1394
  • I am Mad as Hell!
  • Awards Best Writer 2014 Best writer Best moderator Awarded to the user voted Best Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 08:15:49 AM »
I have an end of Walton's going outside method that works ... normal and advanced.

not telling but:lipsrsealed2:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 08:16:08 AM by OldBill »