Username: Password:

Author Topic: Anyone just stop moving up?  (Read 2603 times)

Offline DirtyD

• Leader of Reign in Blood
  • Liked: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RE: Anyone just stop moving up?
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2011, 11:57:43 AM »
I also wish you could reactivate old challenges.  I hate having to restart a save file because of hunting the legendary animals
[align=center][/align]

Offline Creeping_Death79

• Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2011, 02:00:26 PM »
Quote from: 'MrYoungGun' pid='350629' dateline='1302793346'

If only they would have done away with the legend thing and just made 250 levels. Make the challenges require more effort to complete, like 300 headshots for golden guns, collect 50 of a plant type in freeroam etc, might have made the whole climb to lv 250 more intriguing. Once it hit legend 5, I started over with a new profile (kept my original) just so I wouldn't waste any XP.

Why not just get 2 flash drives? 1 to hold your 5th legend data and all challenges. Then another to hold you leveling up again. So you can switch back and forth as needed.
So let it be written, So let it be done, I\'m sent here by the chosen one.
So let it be written, So let it be done, To kill the first born pharaoh son.

I\'m creeping death!

Offline liammccabe

• BotW Signature Craftsman.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2011, 03:56:43 PM »
Quote from: 'DocRikowski' pid='349366' dateline='1302651225'
I never "legended" once. Stopped before starting. :P
50 levels were enough for me.
Not interested in legendary mounts, characters, badges or free roam activities.
And tbh I was happy to finally get rid of the annoying XP bar moving for every little shitbit I did in the game. :)

This^

I couldn't see the point beyond the inital 50 tbqh. I like having all my guns and mounts too much! Legendary characters never really bothered me either, don't like any of them enough to go legend for them. I have all my DLC and 1-50 characters anyway. As long as I can alternate between Jack Swift, Jan Booth, Zombie Rickett and Dutch I'm not fussed ^.^ My levelling motivation was the American Standardbred, Jan Booth and the Buffalo Rifle anyway, once I got to like 43/44 (can't remember when you unlcocked Jan Booth now!) I was pretty much happy, 50 was just a formality to dignify my love of FR at the end :-)
[align=center][/align]

Offline IndianOutlaw

• Flügenweb SpaceCode
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1116
  • Twitzone AssMöde
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2011, 04:12:00 PM »
I did the exact opposite... I had a badge fetish and just HAD to get the last one. Then I got burned out on the game and it almost ruined my experience. But there was still plently to do after getting the 5th Legend, so I found an interest after a short break.

Have a holly, jolly ASS MÖDE Christmas!

Offline ethios4

• Liked: 5
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2011, 04:14:45 PM »
The legendary characters were a HUGE disappointment.  In general, Legend perks could have been so much better and fun.  For instance, I thought it would be pretty awesome if getting to 5th legend allowed you to use any large animal as a mount, such as bears, elk, cattle, etc.  That would be worth a gazillion hours of play!  Or how about a 5th legend automobile?  Would have been pretty sweet.
GT:sticky pads
music I make:
Proprietors of the Earth
ethios4

Offline IndianOutlaw

• Flügenweb SpaceCode
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1116
  • Twitzone AssMöde
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2011, 04:17:43 PM »
Quote from: 'ethios4' pid='350853' dateline='1302812085'

The legendary characters were a HUGE disappointment.  In general, Legend perks could have been so much better and fun.  For instance, I thought it would be pretty awesome if getting to 5th legend allowed you to use any large animal as a mount, such as bears, elk, cattle, etc.  That would be worth a gazillion hours of play!  Or how about a 5th legend automobile?  Would have been pretty sweet.

I totally agree... The payoff of a Grandma and a stupid Zonkey was quite the letdown. But the Albino Buffalo and Super Bull are pretty neat. An automobile would have been absolutely AWESOME though!

Have a holly, jolly ASS MÖDE Christmas!

Offline Creeping_Death79

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2011, 05:00:35 PM »
The Bulls and Buffalo's are cool looking but suck as mounts. The Bulls charge you. The Buffalo run away. When I did my 2nd run through. I would switch to the American Standard instead of having 1 of those 4. I stuck with the American Standard Until The Zonkey.

I\'m creeping death!

Offline VictorvonD

• בעל זבוב
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2011, 09:52:12 AM »
I actually just stopped leveling altogether in the middle of my third time through 50.  I just can't bring myself to grind hideouts anymore. I will if I can get on for triple experience.  I'm level 44 now and that is from about 28 by just doing PvP in matches and in free roam with a little bit of overrun happening.  I will unlock the Albino Buffalo at 50 but I'll never legend again.  One more Pike's run might shatter my brain.
[align=center]\"Pain is like love, like compassion.  It is a thing for lesser men.\"[/align]

Offline ethios4

• Liked: 5
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2011, 11:06:52 AM »
Nothing kills my enjoyment of RDR more than endless grinding.  It's fun for awhile, but then it kills the enjoyment.  I only grinded a bit to get to 1st legend, and again for the last few levels of 3rd legend.  That's why it took me almost a year to get to 5th legend....it was almost all PvP, which is so much more fun to me.

I would probably have all golden shotguns by now if I hadn't reset challenges by going legend.

Also, valjean always said he didn't want 5th legend because people will think you modded, or otherwise attract negative attention.  I can say I find this to be true.  As soon as I hit 5th legend I started getting a lot more shit talking when I win a match or really dominate.  I'm not good enough for people to think I mod, but people just talk shit and send nasty messages.
GT:sticky pads
music I make:
Proprietors of the Earth
ethios4

Offline UpperFungus

• D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2011, 11:26:59 AM »
I think George Jefferson stopped once he got to that de-lux apartment in the sky. I don't recall him ever going any further.

Offline standardFreak

• What? Me? I didn\'t do anything.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2011, 12:56:16 PM »
I just made a new account (LesFale on PS3) and I'm gonna stop at third legend. I just want Mescalero Mike. I'll probably stay in first legend (when I get there) and keep going on the next triple xp.
Sig by Pisces
[align=center][/align]

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
  • Liked: 239
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2011, 03:12:16 PM »
Quote from: 'Creeping_Death79' pid='350742' dateline='1302804026'

Why not just get 2 flash drives? 1 to hold your 5th legend data and all challenges. Then another to hold you leveling up again. So you can switch back and forth as needed.

Yea I thought about that at first, but then I'd have the same PSN ID. So I decided to start fresh, and ill probably just keep building more profiles until I grow bored of RDR. Ill eventually have my own roster of 5th legend characters, my next one will have the ID of an MP character, so I can try to role play how the charcter would act in the MP community.

Offline Creeping_Death79

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2011, 11:53:15 PM »
When the Marshalls were hidden I made name's for each of them. I have them all on my ps3 but only used the Charley Burg name. Sucks Rockstar had to release them to everyone. I liked being the only Charley Burg running around for months.

I\'m creeping death!

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2011, 12:13:39 PM »
^^thats awesome! Did you uphold the law while your retained his name?

Offline Creeping_Death79

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2011, 01:02:29 PM »
Not yet. Working on getting 5th under that name but only during triple xp.

I\'m creeping death!

Offline PJ322

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2011, 06:43:19 PM »
I haven't gone past level 50 because I've been working on my gold weapons. I now have gold weapons for the -
Scolfield Revolver
Double Action Revolver
Semi Auto Pistol
Winchester
Henry
Evans
Bolt Action

They are the only ones I really wanted to collect as gold.  I know if I go to prestige up the weapons challenges I completed the weapons will stay gold when I hit the levels to obtain them again. And the others I didn't finish I have to start from scratch. So now my question is this... For the weapons that return to me as gold when I unlock them do I have to do the 100 kill/head shots again or are those challenges not offered again.

Offline Waldo Jeffers

• Has reached his limit.
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2011, 07:06:22 PM »
I'm in love with the 3rd badge. I want the stupid donkey too. I feel compelled to do it. I am slightly ocd about these things. Gold guns is what i want too. The first two are a lot more attainable for me, though i intend to pvp more often than not in future, so that may change.
[align=center][/align]

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2011, 07:28:37 PM »
Quote from: 'PJ322' pid='353133' dateline='1303080199'

So now my question is this... For the weapons that return to me as gold when I unlock them do I have to do the 100 kill/head shots again or are those challenges not offered again.

they are there for you to complete again, you'll still recieve the XP rewards for completing them.

Offline Brandonbb10

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2011, 09:03:57 AM »
I only got this game on Saturday but I love it so much haha, I loved Gun, the ps2 game so knew I had to get this. What i've been reading that has confused me is 3x xp? Do they still do that now even though the game has been out for a long time, and how often?

Anyway to stay on topic, Im only level 20 right now, but I love the variation of mounts and characters, its one of the things that inspires me to level up (and no i dont grind hideouts by replaying over and over, I run around doing them all in one session :P) but yeah, would you recommend I go into "legend" ? I personally think its worth it, as I generally like leveling up, and unlocking new things.

Sig made by FTR Pisces!