Username: Password:

Author Topic: New Free Roam Options Dilute Player Base  (Read 2725 times)

Offline Lord Haart

• Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New Free Roam Options Dilute Player Base
« on: October 21, 2010, 03:54:43 PM »
V1.05 has RUINED RDR for me and alot of other people, the idea was in Free Roam that all of us were in it together.

Player base has been diluted and now it has caused all sorts of problems

Offline ethios4

• Liked: 5
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RE: New Free Roam Options Dilute Player Base
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 04:49:22 PM »
I'm not a fan of the idea myself, but I'll withhold judgment on it until I play it for a bit.
GT:sticky pads
music I make:
Proprietors of the Earth
ethios4

Offline UNDEADJOHNMARSTON

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 10:39:04 PM »
I hate it.  I'll continue to grief and even worse now.  I'll go into that friendly free roam and show 'em just how "friendly" I can be.

Offline PecosMark

• Never mess with a Sandhurst Boy!
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 10:47:34 PM »
Quote from: 'UNDEADJOHNMARSTON' pid='204863' dateline='1287715144'

I hate it.  I'll continue to grief and even worse now.  I'll go into that friendly free roam and show 'em just how "friendly" I can be.

Isn't the point of Friendly Free Roam that you can't grief? Plus why do you want to make the game suck for players who aren't as good as you....lame.

Surely there's players worthy of your skill that you can go kill instead...
Don\'t forget to tell the devil, Red Harlow sent you!

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 10:50:26 PM »
Quote from: 'PecosMark' pid='204865' dateline='1287715654'

Isn't the point of Friendly Free Roam that you can't grief? Plus why do you want to make the game suck for players who aren't as good as you....lame.

Yeah there are.  I kill them on a regular basis.  The thing is I'm upset about this update.  I think it's useless and I plan on proving that it's useless by griefing in it.  I've heard people in the UK have already been in their griefing and they say it's pretty fun.  I'm not doing this to be mean or rude to people I'm doing this to voice my disdain for the update.  As they say "actions speak louder than words".  So there's no use for me complaining to Rockstar.

I don't understand why people think that others are better or worse at eachother at this game.  There's no skill involved it's auto aim assisted and everyone can use the exact same weapons.  No skill just who locks onto who first.  Either way that's not what this thread is for this isn't a debate on the ethics of griefing.  This is about people disliking how it's splitting everybody up and making free roam deserted.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 10:55:00 PM by UNDEADJOHNMARSTON »

Offline dave2

• Occhio per occhio
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 10:56:50 PM »

That's the problem .. most true grievers lack skill ...

says so right here :deal2:

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 11:00:30 PM »
Quote from: 'dave2' pid='204870' dateline='1287716210'

Don't try to insinuate that someone has poor skills when I'd more than likely bet you wouldn't put your skills to the test against said griefer.

Even though there isn't any skill involved.  I just don't like seeing people try to insinuate all griefers are bad at the game. :@

EDIT

GODDAMMIT!  If you guys have a problem with griefing and would like to discuss video game ethics with me please just PM me instead of ruining this thread.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 11:03:17 PM by UNDEADJOHNMARSTON »

Offline DethPimp

• Mad Men
  • Liked: 1394
  • I am Mad as Hell!
  • Awards Best Writer 2014 Best writer Best moderator Awarded to the user voted Best Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 04:16:28 AM »
Quote from: 'UNDEADJOHNMARSTON' pid='204874'

GODDAMMIT!  If you guys have a problem with griefing and would like to discuss video game ethics with me please just PM me instead of ruining this thread.
[/quote

there is already an old thread for discussing the virtues and vices of griefdom:

http://www.reddead.net/forums/thread-good-grief?highlight=good%2Bgrief

Offline travilanche

• Duelist
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 536
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted as the having the Best signature
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 04:41:23 AM »
Not sure if this belongs here or if I'm just drunk...but this morning I was hoping to get some bounty hunters on me but instead I got fed up watching a griefer grief these 3 poor guys for about 15 minutes so I decided to join their posse and protect them.  Turns out my skill was 10 fold better than the griefer and the guys I helped turned out to be awesome dudes.  Permanent friends now.  Good encounter.  Griefers will soon meet  a bullet from my schofield straight to their dome.
Signature courtesy of DocRikowski

Offline E_Razor1666

• Yunke – Lo
  • Liked: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 05:20:03 AM »
i have got to say in my opinion the split sucksi went on for a couple of hours last night in "normal" mode just to try out some of the new hide outs in L&C and got taken down mid shoot out by two different 50 level guys in two different hideouts. bearing in mind that i have only seen about three level 50 players in one free roam at once in all the times i have been doing free roam.
Now any one who wants to grief other players knows exectly where to find people who may not be as high level or as experienced as they are.
Maybe i will start doing hardcore seeing as the wasters will all be in either "Friendly" or "Normal" zones..
 There are two types of people who do not like you that you will meet,
The stupid and the envious. The stupid will like you in five years, the envious never will.

Offline whydoesitrain

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 12:41:09 PM »
How many threads are you going to make about this?!?

Offline SOGGY

• Shotgun Troll
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 341
  • Trollin' fools since 1990.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 01:42:31 PM »
Quote from: 'UNDEADJOHNMARSTON' pid='204874' dateline='1287716430'

Quote from: 'dave2' pid='204870' dateline='1287716210'

Don't try to insinuate that someone has poor skills when I'd more than likely bet you wouldn't put your skills to the test against said griefer.

Even though there isn't any skill involved.  I just don't like seeing people try to insinuate all griefers are bad at the game. :@

EDIT

This thread was ruined when the OP started it.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 01:51:31 PM by SGM690 »
UPSTANDING MILITARYMAN http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Stann

PSN: SGM690

If you use the same quotes as others, you will look like a follower.

Quote invented on 10/6/2012. 6:19 p.m. by SGM690

Offline MrBear

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 02:39:20 PM »
Quote from: 'whydoesitrain' pid='205218' dateline='1287765669'

How many threads are you going to make about this?!?

I wondered the same thing.  It looks as if he joined the forum just in time to show his disdain for the 1.05 patch.

I went on this morning (a full day after the first comments about this) and still have not been prompted to download 1.05.

Offline Lord Haart

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 03:03:43 PM »
Quote from: 'UNDEADJOHNMARSTON' pid='204866' dateline='1287715826'

Yeah there are.  I kill them on a regular basis.  The thing is I'm upset about this update.  I think it's useless and I plan on proving that it's useless by griefing in it.  I've heard people in the UK have already been in their griefing and they say it's pretty fun.  I'm not doing this to be mean or rude to people I'm doing this to voice my disdain for the update.  As they say "actions speak louder than words".  So there's no use for me complaining to Rockstar.

I don't understand why people think that others are better or worse at eachother at this game.  There's no skill involved it's auto aim assisted and everyone can use the exact same weapons.  No skill just who locks onto who first.  Either way that's not what this thread is for this isn't a debate on the ethics of griefing.  This is about people disliking how it's splitting everybody up and making free roam deserted.

Agreed 100%, ruining RDR by diluting the player base

It's based on the late Wild West, so he can if he wants to. Soon there will be no players around as it's diluting the player base
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 03:18:27 PM by Lord Haart »

Offline PecosMark

• Never mess with a Sandhurst Boy!
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 05:02:07 PM »
I'm confused, if people can still be griefed in FFR, whats the difference?
Don\'t forget to tell the devil, Red Harlow sent you!

Offline RomeoRox

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 05:07:37 PM »
Can we ban this moaner already, Mods? Seriously. Get a life. How many threads about this can you create in one day? Christ. Give me your paypal address and I'll refund your $60.00.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 05:14:53 PM by RomeoRox »

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 05:11:00 PM »
Quote from: 'PecosMark' pid='205429' dateline='1287781327'

I'm confused, if people can still be griefed in FFR, whats the difference?

The difference is it's actually a little bit more fun for the griefer.  It makes us think of new creative ways to grief.  I'm going to grief as a method of protesting.  I'll be in "Friendly" free roam ruining everyones experience until they either take the whole update away or either fix normal free roam.  My problem is that all these little kids can't take getting killed so they whine and cry until Rockstar updates regular free roam with stupid senseless updates that cause you to gain public enemy after a 6 kill streak.  Now that would have been fine and dandy if they didn't split the rooms up.  Now all those crybabies are getting their own room and we get stuck with a bunch of updates we never wanted to begin with.

Think of it like this.

Normal free roam is basically going to become "PVP" free roam a room where killing eachother is supported and condoned but yet we get penalized for it for obtaining a kill streak yet that's what this room will be for now.  I bet the people in "Friendly" free roam won't get penalized for doing 6 gang hideouts in  a row or picking 6 prairie poppies in a row.  You know why because that's what the room supports and condones.  So why should we be punished for doing something the room condones and not them?  That's why I'll be in "Friendly" free roam griefing people non stop.  Atleast until they fix my free roam or do away with this shit altogether.

Offline RomeoRox

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2010, 05:14:58 PM »
^ yet another who needs a better way to spend his time.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2010, 05:24:24 PM »
Quote from: 'RomeoRox' pid='205440' dateline='1287782098'

^ yet another who needs a better way to spend his time.

How do I need a better way to spend this time?  You play this game too dont you?  Unless you don't play this game you're wasting your time right along with me.  Maybe I find completing challenges and doing gang hideouts a bit repetitive.  I've maxed my level out there isn't really much left for me to do other than pvp and I dislike the restrictions of pvp.  Now I don't see how me wanting them to take an uneeded update away ecspecially seeing as how it's not needed anymore considering all the little "girls" are getting their own free roam qualifies as me needing better ways to spend my time.  But hey whatever you say you real life "horsemen".

Offline dave2

• Occhio per occhio
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2010, 05:42:10 PM »
I kind of like the 6 kill streak thing now that it's been around a while ... during those free for all battles it's a good reminder to your enemy on whose really kickin whose ass ... I say keep it but I wish it was at 10.

I think you guys crying over this update are the ones sounding like the whiny crybabies now ...

Look at it this way ... Don't you think it might actually bring more players into the other FR types ?

There will be a lot of players that just completely stayed out of MP Maybe they tried it out and had some circle jerk of grievers killing them before they could even be comfortable with being online .. Don't you think a lot of these ppl may come back and give it another shot ? ... maybe graduate out of the FFR ? You probably never thought about that because it must be all about just you .. If so many requested it then it was obviously a problem .. We wouldn't have had all these ridiculous updates if more ppl played with respect and sportsmanship towards others .... If the griever crowd doesn't like it they have no body to thank but themselves !!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 05:45:27 PM by dave2 »