Username: Password:

Author Topic: Graphics Tutorials  (Read 21873 times)

Offline DiamondBackDylan

• MOD
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 26
  • Bring on V! I am SO ready!!!
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted as the Most missed member
    • View Profile
    • ChristopherConcepts.com
    • Awards
RE: Graphics Tutorials & Creative Tech Talk
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2010, 09:56:35 AM »
You used tween to move the bike?

You gotta share that...new to me. :D

Offline HIT_THE_TRAIL

• idk should say something here tho
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2010, 10:03:43 AM »
i will be back with two images to show for examples but i placed the bike image on my hand drawn road back ground layer then i duplicated my animation frame and moved the bike layer to the other end of the road and hit "tween" and selected 20 frames and thats it!

oh i set a long delay on all frames so the image not fading could be seen in my crude example.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 10:07:27 AM by HIT_THE_TRAIL »
just a typed sig...you dig...just words and stuff should be enough...dont need cool graphics at all. i think ill write a wall....of text. what should i say next? idk and idc not really trying to take this rhyme anywhere. i would post in the rap thread but if i do...nah no one cares only me. im the o

Offline DiamondBackDylan

• MOD
  • D WILD BUNCH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2010, 10:12:09 AM »
Wow, man!  You learn something new every day!  That's awesome!  Will save me MUCH time in the future (I build GIF banners in my RL job too!)

Thanks!!! :D :D :D

Offline HIT_THE_TRAIL

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2010, 10:30:38 AM »
well ill just repost it on this page. i cant make an easier tutorial or example.

its just a background layer and one image layer placed on it at one end. on your animation pallete theres a little triangle button. make sure "new layers visible in all frames" is off and also turn off "create new layer for each new frame"

duplicate your first frame. select the move tool and move your placed image whever you want it to end up. select "tween" and choose the amount of frames you want and the software does the rest.

so why didnt i figure this out sooner you ask? well it dont work if say you have a movie captured off of you tube and you want the last image to move where the first image was. tween is for moving layers not for moving images altho images can be on a single layer. tween is for moving a layer over the top of another layer as a background.

anyhow im gonna try and make a massive scroller sig and time myself. actually i can see how it might take a little longer than seconds but man its like i was crawling and now im in a super sonic jet for animation on these suckers!(if it works and im 95% sure it will. lol)

Show content for roller sig:
[align=center][/align]

it took me longer to get it uploaded on photobucket and displayed here than it did to make. about 10 minutes total build time. if i made it much smaller, and did the up and down version i would have to do the tween twice one for the going up and once for the coming down to make a scroller instead of a roller like this one.

crazy easy consideering how hard and painstaking and super time consuming (several boring hours of monotonus moves after alot of monotonous setup) my first two were to make i was never gonna make one again. hahahaha
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 11:35:48 AM by HIT_THE_TRAIL »
just a typed sig...you dig...just words and stuff should be enough...dont need cool graphics at all. i think ill write a wall....of text. what should i say next? idk and idc not really trying to take this rhyme anywhere. i would post in the rap thread but if i do...nah no one cares only me. im the o

Offline DiamondBackDylan

• MOD
  • D WILD BUNCH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2010, 10:54:35 AM »
Nice, TRAIL...added to OP links. :2thumbsWAYup: :D

Offline HIT_THE_TRAIL

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2010, 11:40:48 AM »
updated my tutorial with a 10 minute to make scrolling monster sig.:cowboy:

(i call it rolling because its like its on a cylinder just keeps rolling past)

Offline DiamondBackDylan

• MOD
  • D WILD BUNCH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2010, 12:56:11 PM »
You know what I wish you could do with GIFs using a Tween-like tool?  Zooming!

I wish you could change the size of a layer in different frames without it changing ALL the frames that layer is in...I know its the nature of the (GIF-making) beast, but doin it takes a long time to create a zoom and with so many layers to do it, filesize makes it impossible!

Offline HIT_THE_TRAIL

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2010, 02:28:34 PM »
well im thinking of doing a zoom experiment with tween.

i only got as far as thinking it was possible maybe with tween. take my first motorcyle image at normal size and then put it at the end of the test track and make it tiny and see what tween does. im guessing it will shrink as it goes along.

how file size fits into the equation...idk im clueless atm.

LMAO your sig changed while i was contemplating all these new tricks and i saw it in the official sig request thread! WOW that one is good!

did you see that knights in white satin video? your talking about zoom and your new sigs are reminiscent of the art in it :cowboy:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 02:34:31 PM by HIT_THE_TRAIL »

Offline DiamondBackDylan

• MOD
  • D WILD BUNCH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2010, 02:37:16 PM »
hadn't thought of that, TRAIL...will have to give it a try...not sure it will work tho.  PS (or Imageready) would have to 'create' new images for each tweened frame, and I don't think it will...worth a shot, tho!

And no, couldn't get the vid to work...

Offline HIT_THE_TRAIL

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2010, 08:47:01 PM »
well the large to tiny motorcycle zoom trick dont work but on one experiment the large motorcycle moved toward the little one and faded every frame until it disapeared at the end.

the large and small were on different layers and then i tried to tween the gap so to speak. the small just sat there and faded in to full...being. good easy way to do a ghost horse disappearing or something i guess. lol

Offline sF Fizzy

• Doo doo doo-doo doo-doo doo doooooo doooooo doo-doo-doo-doooooo doo-doo-doodoo-doo-doo...
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2010, 06:14:49 PM »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 06:15:27 PM by sF Fizzy »

Offline MrBrokenTusks.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2010, 06:22:26 PM »
This it the killer tutorial I was waiting for I can't wait to use this, On a predator, though I wish you used the one with all the lines (zombie or pig josh) how do you get them, and have the same effect they do on yours? I know how to do something similar but it never looks as good as that.
[align=center][/align]

Offline sF Fizzy

• Doo doo doo-doo doo-doo doo doooooo doooooo doo-doo-doo-doooooo doo-doo-doodoo-doo-doo...
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2010, 07:43:07 PM »
[align=center]SCAN LINE TUTORIAL[/align]

1. In Photoshop, create a new image. From the drop-down menu, select File>New or click Ctrl+N with your keyboard. The New Image dialog box will open. Add the following information:

Width: 3 pixels
Height: 3 pixels
Resolution: 72 pixels/inch
Color Mode: RGB Color, 8 bit
Background Contents: Transparent

2. Since we're going to create a specific pixel by pixel 45-degree diagonal scanline pattern, zoom in the view to 1600%.

3. From the Tools palette, select the Pencil Tool. Set the brush size to 1px.

4. Also from the Tools palette, select Black for your foreground color.

5. Now we're ready to draw the pixel grid pattern with the Pencil Tool. Using the Pencil Tool, add the first black pixel to the top left of your image. Add the next pixel at the bottom middle of your image, and the third pixel to the right middle.

6. Create a pattern based on this pixel grid image: from the drop-down menu, select Edit>Define Pattern.

To use the pattern, just select your canvas (whatever you're working on) (I think it's select > all) then go to edit > fill and select the pattern option, then choose the pattern you made.

I usually use mine on overlay and drop the opacity.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 07:54:31 PM by sF Fizzy »

Offline HIT_THE_TRAIL

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2010, 12:26:07 AM »
interesting i could make a blue jeans sig or something using that pattern as well. it does have that rough canvas material look to it.

@DBD you were gonna do a tutorial on your bond sig and the light on the gold part...was that a clipping mask?

also im curious how your animating living creatures so nicely. my armadillo and eagle gunslinger/RDR sig and your butterfly now.  are you using perhaps the illustrator program? the butterfly appears so simple and to be honest other parts of the sig caught my attention alot more but now i want to know. how the heck do you do that? hahahaha

also i saw some smiley animated avatars you made...i saw some on photobucket a long time ago...i had no clue you made them!

they are so cool.

Offline Harrison jess

• View Profile
    • Awards
GIF, JPG and PNG - The differences
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2010, 05:52:48 AM »
The GIF format is one of the most popular formats on the Internet. Not only is the format excellent at compressing areas of images with large areas of the same color, but it is also the only option for putting animation online (unless you want to use Flash or other vector-based animation formats, which typically cost more).
The JPEG format, with its support for 16.7 million colors, is primarily intended for photographic images. The internal compression algorithm of the JPEG format, unlike the GIF format, actually throws out information. Depending on what settings you use, the thrown out data may or may not be visible to the eye.
The third, and newest, file format that's widely supported by the Web is PNG (pronounced Ping). PNG was developed to surpass the limitations of GIFs, and as a means by which developers can avoid having to worry about the patent licenses associated with other formats. PNG was designed to offer the main features of the GIF format, including streaming and progressive file formats
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 09:43:17 AM by DiamondBackDylan »

Offline DiamondBackDylan

• MOD
  • D WILD BUNCH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2010, 10:16:14 AM »
Thanks, Colt, for the new tutorial!  Like Tusks, I also have been waiting for this one!!!  I will definitely be trying it! Will also add link to OP.

@TRAIL: While I HAVE done some animal animations, the armadillo was just an one I downloaded from animationfactory.com.  It is a pay site that has hundreds of thousands of animations.  I would add it to the OP's usefull links, but it's kinda expensive...

The smiley's you saw were from there as well.

For the record, I could do those if I wanted to... <> lmao

You always do give me more credit than I deserve, TRAIL...lol
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 10:17:15 AM by DiamondBackDylan »

Offline MrBrokenTusks.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2010, 01:52:16 PM »
Me using your tutorial but still keeping it very different, well I think it is very different.
[align=center][/align]

Offline DiamondBackDylan

• MOD
  • D WILD BUNCH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2010, 02:18:57 PM »
Nice, tusks!  Similar, but w/your own style. :2thumbsup:

Offline MrBrokenTusks.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2010, 02:24:56 PM »
I didn't do all the smudging that was in the tutorial. I tried it and was like "oh shit this is like a colt copy" so I changed it. I know it isn't really my usual style what I meant by that was I put my own spin on it because if I am honest it is not similar to anything I have done. And DBD Dw I will use your giger sig, I change my sigs and wallpapers like I change my clothes
[align=center][/align]

Offline sF Fizzy

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2010, 03:54:46 PM »
nice one tusks :D