Username: Password:

Author Topic: Graphics Tutorials  (Read 21919 times)

Offline HIT_THE_TRAIL

• idk should say something here tho
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RE: Graphics Tutorials & Creative Tech Talk
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2010, 12:53:10 AM »
well im still glad i asked DBD cause i didnt really know about animated clip art now i do tho obviously. thanks again for the tip.:cowboy:

i found mine on photobucket for free. i was going to replicate your current sig for fun but went a different way instead. i dont know why the idea to make a sig like i did never occured to me but once you said how you did the sigs well the how and for free part was pretty obvious.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 12:55:31 AM by HIT_THE_TRAIL »
just a typed sig...you dig...just words and stuff should be enough...dont need cool graphics at all. i think ill write a wall....of text. what should i say next? idk and idc not really trying to take this rhyme anywhere. i would post in the rap thread but if i do...nah no one cares only me. im the o

Offline Dylan

• SrsBsnsCEO
  • Liked: 227
  • Business has never been so Srs.
  • Awards For helping out the community of RedDead.Net
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2010, 09:15:20 PM »
Okay this is a tutorial to help people with Fireworks to keep the file size of Animated GIF's low. I use Adobe Fireworks CS5, but this can be done on any version...not sure if you can do this in Photoshop or Gimp. :-/

Anyway:

When you have you image made go to FILE>EXPORT WIZARD:

Check the box Target Export File Size then type in the approx. size you want it to be, e.g 800KB (It may effect the quality depending on what you enter):

Click Animated GIF

This is the Export Preview screen previewing what the GIF will look like:

You can change Animation Speed and File Type if necessary

When done, click

Choose where to save file, it's name, etc.

Then click save.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 09:20:20 PM by Dylan »

Offline HIT_THE_TRAIL

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2010, 10:04:40 PM »
a pro looking tutorial with the screen capture that i dont got a clue how to do for any tutorials i make...which almost makes them worthless. much better to show than tell imo.

i looked and i dont have that option export wizard or to preselect my file size. fireworks looks a little more user friendly than what im using(CS2) but i think its about all i can handle on my computer. hmmm im going to have to check out your link anyhow cause im curious. :cowboy:
just a typed sig...you dig...just words and stuff should be enough...dont need cool graphics at all. i think ill write a wall....of text. what should i say next? idk and idc not really trying to take this rhyme anywhere. i would post in the rap thread but if i do...nah no one cares only me. im the o

Offline Dylan

• SrsBsnsCEO
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2010, 10:09:44 PM »
Yeah, I find Fireworks less complicated than any Photoshop lol. Fireworks CS5 is very large compared to the old ones, which is unnecessary because the only difference in it compared to the old is that it LOOKS better! lmao. So you could get the old Macromedia Fireworks becaues its WAY smaller...BTW to get pictures, I just pressed the Prt Scr/SysRq button on my keyboard then cropped the image. Maybe I could make a tutorial of that! lol

Offline HIT_THE_TRAIL

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2010, 10:14:50 PM »
yeah do, especially if its not a fireworks specific thing. id love to know how to do it! oooh i see a button like that on my own keyboard...um hold off on the TUT maybe...idk lol

ill have to mess with it.

Offline DiamondBackDylan

• MOD
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 26
  • Bring on V! I am SO ready!!!
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted as the Most missed member
    • View Profile
    • ChristopherConcepts.com
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2010, 11:04:18 AM »
Nice, Dill!  I have always had the entire Adobe suites and have never even opened Fireworks, but your Tut makes me think that perhaps it is actually better for creating GIFs than PS.  Will check it out now.

Offline Dylan

• SrsBsnsCEO
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2010, 12:27:31 PM »
Yeah, I find Fireworks much easier to use as I said before! lol I had PS CS4 trial but found it very complicated so I deleted it.

Offline Dylan

• SrsBsnsCEO
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2010, 12:13:52 AM »
I'm gunna upload another tutorial for Fireworks tomorrow....can't remember what it is right now! lmao I'll upload it when I remember! :P

EDIT: Wait I remember - it was to show you how to modify text by making it go in any direction. :2thumbsup: I have something else in mind too!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 12:16:53 AM by Dylan »

Offline DocRikowski

• WILDOC
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 276
  • Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
  • Awards Awarded to the best posse leader Awarded to the user voted Most respected Awarded to the user voted as the Best graphic artist Awarded to the user voted as the Best posse leader
    • View Profile
    • D12/DWB FB Page
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2010, 08:43:07 PM »
This could help when it comes to attach text to a shape or a path.
It's a tutorial from the Photoshop help pages:

Offline DiamondBackDylan

• MOD
  • D WILD BUNCH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2010, 11:10:29 AM »
Thanks, Doc!  Perfect! ;)

Offline HIT_THE_TRAIL

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2010, 04:20:34 AM »
HEY DW007 i got a question for you. when you cut out an image what do you do...you can whip those babies out  quick and im curious is it a Fireworks thing that does it for you or do you got an easier faster and less painful way you do it?

Offline Dylan

• SrsBsnsCEO
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Converting Marquee to Path...
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2010, 07:38:07 PM »
^HERE YA GO TRAIL!! :2thumbsup:

Original Image

First of all cut out the background of your image and then select the Wand   tool and make sure the outline is set to hard.

Select the first section you want to convert and Right-click>Modify Marquee>Convert to Path

It will then convert and create a new layer with the new path on it. Go to the Properties Bar to change it's colour, outline (if any), etc.

Add Text if needed

Finish off the rest:

Eyes & Mouth

Skin:

Go to Panel

Deselect the Tool

This will get rid of the slight outline on the image.

Choose Canvas Colour & you're done!

Hope this wasn't too confusing! :2thumbsup:

Offline HIT_THE_TRAIL

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2010, 08:13:49 PM »
no i think its cool you also showed how you went about making your new avatar as well. i do see that fireworks also has a learning curve to it as well from all the amount of options to choose.

i also use that magic wand if the area is nicely defind such as a black line around it, and create a new layer by copy. i havent worked with a path...dont know what the advantages to that might be.
still im on a hunt to make cutouts that arent nicely defined quicker and much less painful. idk if there is such a thing. lol

you just over time increase your skill level at it....but i avoid it like the plague if i can and choose images on a one color looking background when i can then magic erase all the background...but thats rare.

i saw one person who thinks the pen tool is the only way to go and why. ive seen the mask method and the lassoo tool method...my version of CS2 even has an extract filter that never works it seems. hoping their was another i dont know of.

im gonna check out paths. i think thats what the pen tool creates and its one method i never really mesed with yet.

cut outs to me are probaly the hardest part of sig making. kinda why i dont do many static one image placed into another kind of sigs often. but atm there seems to be alot of sig requests asking for that and im dragging my feet. lol

Offline HIT_THE_TRAIL

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2010, 06:43:27 PM »
ok i wanna know how to put text on a sig or whatever say in white and then have it equally outlined aroud that text in black...i know theres a hidden thing somewhere that expands your duplicate text layer or something equally but ill be darned if i can find the secret command to get er done.

people do it all the time especially with RDR FONT(chinese rocks) ive been meaning to ask someone forever and then i forget to. also if someone could explain stroke to me...kinda think it could be the answer maybe...theres something that does that outline somehow...BUT WHERE!!! hahahaha

Offline Dylan

• SrsBsnsCEO
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2010, 06:49:08 PM »
Stroke is the outline!! :P

Offline HIT_THE_TRAIL

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2010, 08:31:04 PM »
yeah i got it figured out finally my new sig is evidence of it. i mean the where was stroke hidden in all the menus. well unless you try to paint your text layer and it asks you to rastersize it well that "stroke" wherever i found it wont be highlighted. i had a feeling stroke might be what i wanted from what i read long ago...anyhow i guess just asking made me try again to figure it out myself and i did.

some things that should be simple to do can be the most complex things to figure out on my version of photoshop. i mean its a common thing people do with text so why isnt it on the text pallette...the pallette was hidden from me and i didnt know it existed for the longest time as well.

Offline MrBrokenTusks.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2010, 05:22:34 AM »
^Not cool...
[align=center][/align]

Offline HIT_THE_TRAIL

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2010, 01:32:17 AM »
^agreed...

Offline DiamondBackDylan

• MOD
  • D WILD BUNCH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2010, 11:14:15 AM »
If you are talking about TRAIL's banning, give me a f*cking break.  I disagree with James sometimes, but if any member posted sh*t like that towards me, I would ban them in a heart beat.

There are right ways of complaining/expressing your displeasure. Cussing at and insulting staff members is NOT the way to do it. Period.

Offline Immature Toast

• Back in Black
  • Liked: 5
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2010, 11:27:48 AM »
Can we keep this on topic please, I'm learning a lot from this thread and improving every day :P