Username: Password:

Author Topic: Is it worth it?  (Read 2053 times)

Offline squig29

• Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Is it worth it?
« on: January 06, 2011, 10:34:39 PM »
Ok, so for the last few months I've been playing redemption. I've never played revolver before. Is it worth getting? Will I be disappointed? redemption is so amazing, I was just wondering if revolver is equally amazing.
Woops. Should have done a check for this. Sorry.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 10:40:06 PM by squig29 »

Offline CharleyWaite

• Midnight Rider
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RE: Is it worth it?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 01:03:06 AM »
get revolver if you like spaghetti westerns - it's oriented more in that fashion than redemption
Boss Spearman: \"We came for justice not vengeance. Now them is two different things.\"
Charley Waite: \"Not today they ain\'t.\"

Offline HillianLink

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 01:44:35 AM »
not free roam but it makes up for it with a fairly long story with a good story line.there are many characters you get to be but,sadly,only for one level each,the main character is Red Harlow btw(there have been people in other fourums saying some campfire storys are about him in redemption)fairly long levels with an assorntment of weapons for each character(bow for an indian,daul pistols for a trick shooter,etc.)there is a multiplayer that works like Halo or Call of Duty,not sure if you can play multiplayer online ive only played it for PS2.a good buy if you like games that are played like an old western would be.all in all a pretty good game
When a man with a singsong voice tells me to fuck off, it ALWAYS concerns me, boyo.(John talking to Welsh and French)

:vanish: :rifle:

Offline Rukus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 09:57:36 PM »
The multiplayer is QUITE different than Redemptions multiplayer, but its one of the best third person shooters I've played.
TRAINS, UNDEAD FREEROAM, AND MORE THAN 16 PLAYER FREE ROAM ARE NOT POSSIBLE! CLICK LINK TO LEARN WHY!

http://www.reddead.net/forums/thread-free-roam-additions

Offline blitz

• calm like a bomb.
  • Liked: 25
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 03:28:26 PM »
Graphics are pretty bad, but that's cause it was released a long time ago.
The storyline is long and entertaining, which is a good thing. Free roam sucks. Like really, it really sucks. There's basically nothing to do, you just walk around and explore.
It's a good game overall, it has its ups and downs but you should definitely get it (it's pretty cheap, too.)

Offline Ximpulse94

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 07:24:43 AM »
I wouldn't get it. It was great if you played it when it was first released, since there was no comparison to games nowadays but I personally couldn't play it now after having played Redemption. I'd just look up the story on wikia or another website so you know what went down and leave it at that.