Username: Password:

Author Topic: "Fail a mission one too many times and it's possible to skip it completely"  (Read 7343 times)

Offline Suspect-Device

• The Doc is in
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Never found GTA games to be particularly challenging, most of the times I failed missions in GTA IV were down to me either killing someone I was not supposed to, crashing a car and letting someone get away or the AI allies getting themselves killed.

I will of course be playing through the entire game on the expert setting, Auto aim just seems lame.

Offline harritan

• Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
the games reportedly very easy anyways, ign said they rarely felt challenged and from watching streams i can tell myself that the tasks at hand never look at all difficult in terms of what needs to be accomplished, unless the people ive been watching are absolute pros at walking past tons of people shooting guns and only getting hit a handful of time.

Offline jackal2486

• View Profile
    • Awards
Well so far this game has: regenerating health, mission checkpoints and mission skips. Sounds a tad to easy mode for my liking but I'll still buy it and i'll still probably love it.

Offline Outlaw2TheEnd

• View Profile
    • Awards
Quote from: 'Suspect-Device' pid='29055' dateline='1274118579'

Never found GTA games to be particularly challenging, most of the times I failed missions in GTA IV were down to me either killing someone I was not supposed to, crashing a car and letting someone get away or the AI allies getting themselves killed.

I will of course be playing through the entire game on the expert setting, Auto aim just seems lame.

I'll do the first few missions I reckon then just rob trains. Everybody is going on about hunting for money but robbing trains will definately get you more money.
I think the missions will be class but I don't want to do what I do with most games I like which is complete them to quickly and then not bother playing through it again because I know what the missions are.

Offline Suspect-Device

• The Doc is in
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I remember a time when dying in a game actually meant something.

But regenerating health? Seriously?

They had the right formula in GTA IV, buy food and medical treatments to regain health, what's so hard about that?

Offline forcole06

• Geezer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Quote from: 'Suspect-Device' pid='29096' dateline='1274119993'

But regenerating health? Seriously?

They had the right formula in GTA IV, buy food and medical treatments to regain health, what's so hard about that?

I think regen health makes more sense in a western style game.  It's not like your in liberty city and there is a Burger Shot on every corner.  It could get frustrating trying to go miles to get to a general store or something like that.  I like regenerating health myself.

Offline PredawnDwarf

• AftertwilightMidget
  • Liked: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Quote from: 'Suspect-Device' pid='29096' dateline='1274119993'

Well we are spoiled nowadays. The Game Over screens don't mean a thing anymore.... that is, if they even exist.

Offline LongDarkBlues

• View Profile
    • Awards
Quote from: 'harritan' pid='29063' dateline='1274118859'

the games reportedly very easy anyways, ign said they rarely felt challenged

IGN used auto-aim, if I'm reading this right.
Quote from: 'IGN'

The target assist makes attacking enemies while riding a horse a breeze, but it also makes the combat a little too easy at times. The cover system works similarly to GTA IV, but there just didn't seem much need for it when I could simply walk ahead slowly ripping off shots with perfect accuracy. I died here or there, but rarely did Red Dead Redemption feel particularly challenging.

Offline Suspect-Device

• The Doc is in
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Quote from: 'forcole06' pid='29108' dateline='1274120383'

It's not like your in liberty city and there is a Burger Shot on every corner.
I believe that's why something called hunting was developed over the years.

You know, killing animals and then eating them.

Offline Roland of Gilead

• View Profile
    • Awards
Yes, people all the time hunted animals in order to heal their bullet wounds.

Offline Natdaprat

• View Profile
    • Awards
I hope it disables mission related achievements. Couldn't they just do what San Andreas did and allow you to skip ahead of the mission, like cutting out extensive travelling so that eliminates half of the frustration.
[align=center][/align]

Offline Dirty Dan

• View Profile
    • Awards
Well thats stupid, but it dont matter to me, because i wont use it!
Crazy like my grandady. :freak:

Offline Suspect-Device

• The Doc is in
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Quote from: 'Roland of Gilead' pid='29160' dateline='1274121690'

As apposed to sitting behind a wall for a few seconds and wounds magically healing themselves?

It's a game.

Offline PredawnDwarf

• AftertwilightMidget
  • Liked: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Quote from: 'Roland of Gilead' pid='29160' dateline='1274121690'

I object to this argument. It is pointless :P

Offline forcole06

• Geezer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Quote from: 'Suspect-Device' pid='29150' dateline='1274121382'

Good point.  I wasn't thinking about hunting.  That could be really fun actually!  Although running off in the middle of a gunfight to shoot and roast a rabbit could get old after a while.  

I see regenerating health as an evolution myself.

Offline Kirklestat

• View Profile
    • Awards
*waits for a no mission run through of RDR comming up on Youtube*
PSN - Kirklestat

Offline Droleo420

• View Profile
    • Awards
I truly think it would be cool if you had to hunt for food and eat it to regain YOUR FUCKING HEALTH BAR. Seriously... why are we just simply getting rid of the health bar in video games? This regenerating health nonsense is just so FPSy. Granted, the game is probably going to be easy with any kind of auto-aim, but I'll bet you anything it'll be hard as hell with no auto-aim what-so-ever, which is how I fully intend to play. I will also NEVER skip a mission... As for mid-mission checkpoints, however, I love that. I remember playing GTA 4 or even San andreas/Vice city/3 for a few hours, being really into the game, then die/fail near the end of a long hard mission and just kinda lose interest for a few hours. This should alleviate that a bit. Yes, I have complaints, but this game is still sure to be a masterpiece, and the reason R* has always been my favorite video game company.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 04:43:07 PM by Droleo420 »

Offline jackal2486

• View Profile
    • Awards
Most reviews, previews and even the Rockstar site did say that hunting would be for food as well as for making money. So I'm not sure why they even needed regenerating health.

Instead of regenerating health I would have preffered you having to take cover and then toggle through your weapons until you reach your stock of food, click a button and restore like 25% of your health. If your almost dead then eat 4 pieces and remind yourself to do a bit more hunting before your next mission.

But I suppose regenerating health will be second nature to those of us who played halo. I was just hoping for a bit of a challenge to be honest. I wish Expert mode removed regenerating health at least. That would make sense.

Offline Droleo420

• View Profile
    • Awards
Quote from: 'forcole06' pid='29466' dateline='1274126780'
Quote from: 'Suspect-Device' pid='29150' dateline='1274121382'

Good point.  I wasn't thinking about hunting.  That could be really fun actually!  Although running off in the middle of a gunfight to shoot and roast a rabbit could get old after a while.  

I see regenerating health as an evolution myself.

See, but that's why you keep food on you for fights. Sure it's not 100% realistic to eat a bunch of uncooked chicken legs in the middle of a firefight, but it would still be more realistic than the regen, and more fun to boot, IMO.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 04:40:52 PM by Droleo420 »

Offline illbrejme

• View Profile
    • Awards
Quote from: 'micahdog' pid='28698' dateline='1274110209'

I think this is a great idea.  If you want to skip then fine, if you dont, then well dont.

But my problem is that I have limited time to play a game sometime and dont want to keep getting frustrated by playing and dieing everytime.  So I think this is a great option to have

yea...great idea..wooo...is this a fucknig joke? if your going to skip any mission even one then u mgiht aswell just skip the last mission of the game you know the grande finale...just skip it..go on oh i died a couple of time il skip THE ENTIRE FUCKNIG GAME... 10 points to the brains behind this idea...fuck sake...