Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Definitive Guide to Stagecoach Boating in Red Dead Redemption  (Read 72305 times)

Offline TeS Arzachel

• Liked: 13
  • Day follows night, and hate follows love.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Definitive Guide to Stagecoach Boating in Red Dead Redemption
« Reply #320 on: June 24, 2019, 08:28:47 AM »
I've never had as much fun with a game online as I had with RDR. What was amazing about it was how the only incentive to log on was: "I'm ready to have a good time." RDO is a totally different beast as is RDR2. And in each one, the damn rivers are shallow and the stages just can't float. Maybe as they change the map, they'll deepen the waters but so far, it ain't gonna happen.

I think it's good that RDR1 and RDO are completely different. No matter what, years have past and no experience like that is repeatable. I like the idea of finding new stuff to do and it's true the game is just out so there's probably some cool things to figure out.

You're absolutely right. Heck, I'm still having fun playing the original! Tedious as it may be, clearing Gaptooth solely for a stagecoach every now and then has become my modus operandi in teaching others the art of stagecoach boating - no matter how many times I do it. The hidden euphoria still capable of being achieved in this game by a new generation of Red Deader's never ceases to amaze me.

And Battlefield 3 is the best Battlefield. I wasted so much time in that game that I was in the top 1% for knife kills on PS3.

I clocked in about 1600 hours for BF3, and the highest I got on the global leaderboard was #83 - I believe. Used to be #1 overall with the G3A3 in hardcore mode too. ;D

What thread here had the video of the guy launching himself off the map way up in the sky? Something to do with a wagon and firebottle in story mode.....wonder if it works in RDO?

Also, horseback rooftopping is possible...not many roofs, but there are few do-able ones here and there.

This one? I don't know if they patched it or not but it makes for an interesting spectacle to say the least.

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5506
  • Adios, half soldier
  • Awards Best Contributor 2014
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #321 on: June 26, 2019, 10:16:01 AM »
You still on PS3, captain? Original gametag?

Offline Subovon

• My hat hurts
  • Liked: 58
  • I'm on a boat.
    • View Profile
    • The Definitive Guide To Stagecoach Boating in Red Dead Redemption
    • Awards
« Reply #322 on: July 05, 2019, 05:25:13 PM »
You still on PS3, captain? Original gametag?

Technically speaking, I do still have my PS3 and I'm Subovon on all platforms. But I'm on XBox One X for RDR2. One reason and one reason alone for the switch: I wanted to play RDR1 up-converted to "4K". It was totally worth it. It was like playing a PC Remaster of the game, it looks so beautiful, and oh dear god the frame rate is so smooth....

I clocked in about 1600 hours for BF3, and the highest I got on the global leaderboard was #83 - I believe. Used to be #1 overall with the G3A3 in hardcore mode too. ;D

Cheese 'n Cracker, man. You beast!

Offline TeS Arzachel

• Liked: 13
  • Day follows night, and hate follows love.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #323 on: July 07, 2019, 03:56:19 AM »
Yeah - Digital Foundry did a good analysis on it. Looks amazeballs. They even fixed the wonky frame rate at Thieves' Landing, too!