Username: Password:

Author Topic: RD Revolver vs Redemption  (Read 2880 times)

Offline Nightmare

• Southern by the grace of GOD
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RD Revolver vs Redemption
« on: January 21, 2011, 03:30:05 PM »
If I haven't played revolver is it even worth picking up to play it?   Will I be totally disappointed in the game after being addicted to redemption?

Pros?
Cons?
Clint-
XBox live handle: N1GHTMaRE8

Offline bloodbulletsandspaghetti

• View Profile
    • Awards
RE: RD Revolver vs Redemption
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 11:52:34 PM »
REVOLVER is a lot of fun if you're a hardcore fan of the Spaghetti Western.  It's more of a Spaghetti Western than REDEMPTION (even using actual soundtracks from famous Spaghetti Westerns!), but...

REVOLVER's graphics are very very basic.  I enjoyed that aspect -- especially since I knew the game originally was born of Capcom for the arcade -- but many look at it and say "that's stupid and cartoony!"  For me, the graphics really went well with the spirit of the Spaghetti Western...  especially the goofier movies like SABATA 1, 2, 3.  If you're looking for realism, don't bother.  You'd do better to play the JUAREZ games.

REVOLVER's gameplay also is a little awkward and strictly on rails.  Like I said, originally it was supposed to be an arcade game with gun controllers, so it plays fast and loud but doesn't respond great using the PS2 controls.  

I thought the voice acting and characters were great...  and some hilarious (in a good way!).  

I'd buy it again (it's pretty cheap)...  but then I try to buy all Western games.

Offline Chukkles

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 10:35:55 PM »
Quote from: 'bloodbulletsandspaghetti' pid='278918' dateline='1295671954'

REVOLVER is a lot of fun if you're a hardcore fan of the Spaghetti Western.  It's more of a Spaghetti Western than REDEMPTION (even using actual soundtracks from famous Spaghetti Westerns!), but...

REVOLVER's graphics are very very basic.  I enjoyed that aspect -- especially since I knew the game originally was born of Capcom for the arcade -- but many look at it and say "that's stupid and cartoony!"  For me, the graphics really went well with the spirit of the Spaghetti Western...  especially the goofier movies like SABATA 1, 2, 3.  If you're looking for realism, don't bother.  You'd do better to play the JUAREZ games.

REVOLVER's gameplay also is a little awkward and strictly on rails.  Like I said, originally it was supposed to be an arcade game with gun controllers, so it plays fast and loud but doesn't respond great using the PS2 controls.  

I thought the voice acting and characters were great...  and some hilarious (in a good way!).  

I'd buy it again (it's pretty cheap)...  but then I try to buy all Western games.

Ahh, so it wasn't a Free roam like Gta 3 era. I've not played it either, but I try to stay away from rail gunners on home console.

No big loss for me.

Offline Starry.

• The Las Hermanas Queen
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/vieclan/rdr-clan
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 08:17:57 PM »
For me in conclusion, REVOLVER were pretty amazing as a free roam. At the time I were only 8-9 years old playing a 15 western game so it were pretty intense. I enjoyed doing the old bounty missions. My favourite were Bad Bessie! I loved her whip. I suppose it does have a little bit of free roam in it. In Brimstone (Strong resemblance to Blackwater. ) It had a Gun/Clothes shop. But if I recall it were mainly an arcade type of game. I had it on Xbox and my console broke! So it's quite hard to recall on the certain missions that were played.

Offline TinMan1326

• agi'gage aniyawisgi
    • View Profile
    • The Red Army
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 12:13:06 AM »
Redemption has alot more places to roam and is way more dynamic but Revolver was like a wake-up call for all video games. So if I were you I would give it a try.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 12:15:59 AM by TinMan1326 »

Offline DaylilAh

• The Key
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/socyurious
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 03:16:45 AM »
I liked the characters for Revolver ALOT more than this one..the Revolver characters were more creative, from,
Bad Bessie to Mr Black to Pig Josh to Falling Star. They were waaaaay more interesting than Redemption's "cast". In Redemption i can barely tell anyone apart, but Revolver i dont think you will have that problem. haha.

The gameplay is fun, but kinda old but not horrid. The aiming is a bit stiff, but thats easily overlookable. The story is great too. It will keep you interested. Plus the multiplayer is fun, too.

I personally think Revolver is definately worth the buy.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 03:17:56 AM by DaylilAh »

Offline HillianLink

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 01:36:33 AM »
good game but its dissapointing that its not  free roam.
has good mission pretty long with good bosses,levels, and music
good storyline
so yeh itd be a good but unless your someone who will only buy games for achievments(seeing as its for X-box instead of 360 you dont get achievments)
When a man with a singsong voice tells me to fuck off, it ALWAYS concerns me, boyo.(John talking to Welsh and French)

:vanish: :rifle:

Offline Reuben-Cogburn

• LEGEND OF THE BREAST
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 01:42:14 AM »
If you're looking for an older incarnation of Red Dead Redemption, Revolver is not the way to go. It's still a very good game though. It's story is over-the-top, the gameplay is fast-paced, bloody and quite campy, and the atmosphere is much akin to an old spaghetti western film. But, don't buy it based on your like of Redemption.

\"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch.

Offline Snakeman

• I'm not the best and I don't claim to be.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RD Revolver vs Redemption
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 02:55:20 PM »
It was a great game but I prefer open world like redemption but it is a really great game.
100% Completion Club
Never run just put another shell in and try again.
Sasquatch Hunter
RDR Werewolf Hunter