Username: Password:

Author Topic: How to duel?  (Read 58337 times)

Offline fuzz!

• Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RE: How to duel?
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2010, 05:02:45 PM »
Quote from: 'Cipher 8' pid='51575' dateline='1274971421'

You sir are horribly misinformed. The bars at the bottom right mean everything! Whoever's bar is filled higher wins. The markers (lines) on those bars are your marks on the other player.

Them's fightin' words! I challenge you to a duel!

Now I agree the player should ignore it right away because you should be concentrating on setting markers on the other player. Not watching the bars.

Exactly.. when learning to duel don't pay attention to them is my point :D

Yes you clan either press LT/L2 or use the right analog stick (Flick down then up) to draw but you can press RB or RT on 360 to place markers, I'm guessing it's the same for PS3 R1 or R2. Hope that helps you keep your controller in working order :P

Ahh.. One thing to keep in mind - a lot of us have our Y axis inverted - so when you say DOWN in our case that's UP..

At least I think so.. 'DOWN' = tilt the mushroom back towards you?

Offline TehBluebear

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2010, 05:17:02 PM »
Ok, I'm having major trouble. Tried to shoot the hat and disarm a guy in a duel, got both markers white and in the correct places, but NOTHING happened on my bar (blue). It didn't fill up one iota.

:(

Offline zipice

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2010, 02:49:49 AM »
ok i ran across a problem recently where my meter would be way over the other guys but still get shot in the chest. Why is that?

Offline The Marston Bro

• Dirty Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2010, 01:56:08 PM »
This seems to be one of the more problematic aspects of this game.
I have also had problems with this. Sometimes I won duels easily but other times it seems that there's no way I can win no matter what I do.

Offline CarolinaKev

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2010, 06:47:53 PM »
Maybe I'm lucky, but haven't lost a duel since I learned how to actually do it.  I'm going the honorable route, so I always aim for his hand.  I take my time and just place the shot when the white arrows are close together, even if the other guy is starting to pull his gun and I feel like I'm behind in the draw.

Offline Eloch2010

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2010, 11:00:30 AM »
I'm still a bit confused.

I've dueled a bunch of people and most I've been able to disarm but later in the game the opponents are getting quicker.

It seems to me I should be able to put one or two bullets in their arm and that would disable them, why am I forced to paint all 6 bullets, pretty much ensuring his death? Why can't I just target the arm with one or two and then pull the trigger? With faster opponents it seems the only way to win is kill them with 6 bullets to the chest.

Anyway to paint one or two then fill up the "meter"?

Offline Thorz Hammerz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2010, 02:53:14 AM »
I find it very hard for some reason, I just go for the arm / hand and prey.

Offline Robert 089

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2010, 06:45:40 PM »
Well after spending a good hour practising dueling I don't think it is possible to shoot off their hats or make them dance. The only sort of 'trick' shot you can do is shooting the gun out of their hand as I dont seem to be able to even paint shots on their hats that don't also hit their head.

Offline Kopenhaver

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2010, 09:46:11 PM »
Is it possible to win a duel using only one mark?

Offline Robert 089

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2010, 01:19:32 PM »
Yes, by shooting their gun or their head I believe.

Offline crashrouge

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2010, 10:46:46 PM »
Quote from: 'emil' pid='31609' dateline='1274202561'

OK, this is going to sound kind of stupid. But I wasn't really paying attention during the tutorial and now I'm kind of lost.

Currently I just mash buttons and hope for the best. Can anyone just give a quick guide on how to go about it? What buttons to push, and at what time etc.

Much appreciated.

EDIT: Added to the main post and stickied ~ Cipher 8
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbSzFeC1nuQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbSzFeC1nuQ</a>
[align=center]Main things: [/align]
  • Pull Left Trigger(360) L2 (PS3) or pull down and up on the right analog stick to draw your gun. You can push your hand closer to your gun without drawing by ever so slightly pushing down on the right analog stick.
  • The longer you wait to draw, even after your opponent has reached for his weapon the closer the camera zooms in and the more accurate you are. (I always draw last)
  • The goal is to fill your meter in the bottom right fuller then the other person by placing marks on him.
  • The aiming reticule goes from Red to White. Big to Small. You want to place your marks as white marks because it fills your meter fuller for each marks compared to the less accurate red marks which barely fill your meter. So placing a bunch of marks as fast as you can is not as effective as taking a little bit more time and placing all white marks.
  • You can disarm them by placing a mark on their hand. You earn more fame and honor for doing so. You can also apparently shoot their hat off and make them dance, although I haven't actually done this myself yet.

WoW, OP sounds just like me. I, too missed the tutorial and when dueling I also begin pressing buttons. I've won 7 and lost 3 so far but I'm still not really sure how I do it.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 10:48:03 PM by crashrouge »

Offline fuzz!

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2010, 03:38:00 AM »
Quote from: 'crashrouge' pid='60010' dateline='1275360406'

WoW, OP sounds just like me. I, too missed the tutorial and when dueling I also begin pressing buttons. I've won 7 and lost 3 so far but I'm still not really sure how I do it.

I missed the tutorial but I didn't miss the tutorial.. dueling never worked for me at first (the game would hang when starting a duel).

The first time it didn't hang was when I had to duel for some stranger mission (mexican pimp burying some girl in the graveyard).

Having absolutely NO idea what to do was fun..

Offline SlappyPwnsAss

• Killer Carrot Stick
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2010, 03:54:29 PM »
Im still LMAOing because of the intro and the picture at the ending

Offline chaotik220

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2010, 12:57:44 AM »
Good video
Good video.
Good video.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 12:58:09 AM by chaotik220 »
:rifle:

Offline RedDeadRetard

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2010, 07:35:52 AM »
Shoot him in the hand, then after you win the duel shoot his leg, then lasso him and take him for a scenic tour around town.

Offline JTRaines92

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2010, 09:08:00 AM »
Thanks for the tut. This faggot just beat me twice because I was trying to shoot his hand. I watched this and then tried but I forgot. I have to ride this horse almost all the way across the map. It sucks, but I got it now. Thanks bro!
[align=center]

*For all the latest news and info on Call of Duty: Black Ops click the image above.[/align]

Offline Brokeback Cowboy

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2010, 01:49:45 PM »
Remember, you cannot disarm on some mission duel.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 01:50:35 PM by Brokeback Cowboy »

Offline Karniest

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2010, 02:35:29 PM »
Full of nothing?

Walkthrough of all the Main quests
Walkthrough of all the Starnger quests
Walkthrough of all the Legand of the west activities Hunter, Gatherer, SharpShooter and Treasure hunter
Walkthrough of how to get all the Clothes
Walkthrough of all the gang Hideouts
All the bounties and their locations
How to unlock all the weapons
and maps of where the flowers/animals are to say the least.

So its hardly nothing lol

I always buy these guides but dont even open it until I have completed the game once, then I see what I have missed and play again to get 100% with the guide

Offline choder

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2010, 09:12:03 AM »
What am I doing wrong here? I almost broke my controller throwing it at the TV in the Muller Duel.

No matter what I do, whether I draw late or early or right on time, whether I spam the targets or place 4 well-timed shots, whether I even fill my bar or not, whether my first mark on the bar is above or below his, whether or not he's even drawn his weapon, no matter what, I lose. I die with a shot to the throat. Every time.

The minute I hit "x" no matter what, my bar empties, none of my markers "stick", and I die.

It's getting really frustrating.

So what is it? First to "fire" or full bars?

Offline mikeharrison87

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2010, 02:29:18 AM »
Posted this on another thread buy thought people might enjoy this bit of info.

Do you like me always struggle to decide on whether to kill the s.o.b who dares challenge you to a duel.

if you kill, you gain items but no honor or fame. if you spare his life and disarm him you gain...

i, my friends, have come across an interesting way of getting both.

simply shoot the fellow in each knee cap followed by his right arm and "tada" after him shaking his hand in pain he will fall to the ground and start to crawl away asking for someone to "finish him off and after say, 10sec he will no longer be of this mortal plain.

this is handy as you get all the fame and honor of disarming and the items of killing him all without the law coming after you (incase some people say you could kill him after the duel.)