Username: Password:

Author Topic: [TV] Hell on Wheels  (Read 15280 times)

Offline Allison_Argent

• Saloon Girl
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001033394450
    • Awards
RE: Hell on Wheels (slightly OT)
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2011, 10:29:36 AM »
So after reading this thread I gave it a go since the pilot is online on amc and they havent aired ep 2 I think.

Also set up tivo to record them since the walking dead was great gruesome at times but great.

So far im 20 minutes in and am loving it specially the drama with the politics and the railroad feels like history class being redone with entertainment factored in.
WHY THE HELL DID IT LINK TO TIVO FOR SAYING TIVO YOU EVIL THREAD POST CODE THING QUICK REPLY DOESNT MEAN I WANNA LINK T-T evil advertisement piece of crap
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 10:30:25 AM by Allison_Argent »

Offline CreativKru

• King of Kougar Rock
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 431
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2011, 10:40:54 AM »
Quote from: 'Allison_Argent' pid='519659' dateline='1320766176'

WHY THE HELL DID IT LINK TO TIVO FOR SAYING TIVO YOU EVIL THREAD POST CODE THING QUICK REPLY DOESNT MEAN I WANNA LINK T-T evil advertisement piece of crap

Off-Topic - @Allison - your teevo rant was quite entertaining ;)

Offline Allison_Argent

• Saloon Girl
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001033394450
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2011, 10:48:52 AM »
>_< well it is annoying I love ti....vo but i dont want to go yell BUY ONE ...shit I got mine free inside my cable box.

Offline travilanche

• Duelist
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 525
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted as the having the Best signature
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2011, 11:08:49 PM »
I thought I would post the link to this info on Cullen's revolver, the Griswold Gunnison.  Made only for the Confederate army during the Civil War, it is a very interesting piece but it seems difficult to find any real info on it due to it's very limited, and short production life.  It doesn't even have a Wikipedia entry.

http://www.gunclassics.com/griswold.html

Signature courtesy of DocRikowski

Offline Butcherbunny

• Rank Amatuer
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 158
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2011, 12:52:42 AM »
Nice looking gun isn't it? Certainly enjoyed the pilot for this show. Colm Meany does a great bad guy, especially now that he's all old and fat and gnarly looking. Finally something that looks like it might rival Deadwood. I just hope it doesn't get cancelled.

Offline travilanche

• Duelist
  • D WILD BUNCH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2011, 02:07:57 AM »
Could be a good gun to have in the next Red Dead perhaps.  I'm hoping they go back about that far.  

I don't imagine the show will get cancelled.  They have really pushed the show and it comes on directly after The Walking Dead, so it will gain an audience.  I'm hoping for at least a few seasons.  There hasn't even been a Western show since Deadwood, and that show had essentially no gunplay after Wild Bill was killed.  

Offline Butcherbunny

• Rank Amatuer
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 158
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2011, 03:53:13 AM »
More gunplay would've been good indeed. I know the real life Seth Bullock was supposedly famous for keeping order without shooting people but it's not like it was historically accurate or anything (also a good reason for them to have kept Hickok around for a bit longer).

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1551
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2011, 11:00:33 PM »
This Bohannan guy knows how to get things done.

Offline travilanche

• Duelist
  • D WILD BUNCH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2011, 12:56:15 AM »
Damn yeah he does.  Good episode tonight.  That Swede is a pretty menacing fellow.  I look very much forward to seeing Bohannan shoot some guys next week.

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Сука Блять
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2011, 01:05:38 AM »
"They call me the Swede, I am Norwegian." made me laugh.
He seems like he will be trouble in the future. Although I wish he wouldn't because he is pretty cool.

Offline TWO iRiShHiPpY

• wo0t
  • TWO
  • Liked: 324
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2011, 01:57:38 AM »
Ok, so the guys who produce the show....  Joe and Tony Gayton........... Tony Gayton got his career going after getting the Jack Nicholson Scholarship in Florida... he got a job after as a production assistant for John Milius, the dude behind the film adaptations of The Hunt for Red October, Dirty Harry, CONAN THE FRIKIN BARBARIAN, Geronimo: an American Legend, and of course.... Apocalypse Now.  Booyah.  He's credited with writing the lines:

- "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" - apocalypse now,
- "Go ahead. Make my day." -clint eastwood in Dirty Harry
- "Do I feel lucky?" same ^

AND the character John Goodman played in The Big Lebowski, Walter Sobchak, is based on him. Man it just keeps gettin' better with this guy....he's basically been a huge influence on the guys who produce this show....
oh, AND He is also a self proclaimed Zen Anarchist, just like me! lolz yeah no.  but technically yes.  Anyway, thought I'd share.  Cheers.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 02:11:52 AM by TWO iRiShHiPpY »
ZEPPELIN RULES

Offline CreativKru

• King of Kougar Rock
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 431
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hell on Wheels (slightly OT)
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2012, 09:09:23 AM »
At last! Some payback on the Swede, although he did kinda puss out.

If you didnt see it, The show got renewed for season 2. http://blogs.amctv.com/hell-on-wheels/2011/12/season-2-renewal.php

Offline travilanche

• Duelist
  • D WILD BUNCH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2012, 01:52:17 AM »
I haven't seen this weeks episode yet, but I do have it on my DVR to watch, probably tomorrow.  That's great that the show got renewed!  How many more episodes are there this season?  I'm glad they are finally drawing their guns on the show.  I've been very happy with the show and am thrilled that there will be a season 2.  According to Billy Riel's blog there's going to be a couple more western shows on tv later on in the year as well.  I don't know if there's any good western movies coming out anytime soon though.  I watched Blackthorn and that was pretty good. 

On Brad Meltzer's decoded a couple weeks ago they did have an episode about how billy the kid faked his death and lived for another 60 years after he supposedly died, and that was pretty interesting. 

Offline travilanche

• Duelist
  • D WILD BUNCH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2012, 10:54:16 PM »
This show was good before, but it has really stepped up its game in the last few weeks.  I can't wait to see what happens this week on the finale.  I don't think the Swede is going to make it to next season. 

Offline Peach Sherbet

• To the lost.
  • Liked: 24
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2012, 02:51:36 AM »
Just finished watching the season finale.

While the writing isn't exactly flawless and certain moments do seem a bit cliched, I do thoroughly enjoy this show. I think as time goes on, this show will become much more interesting and original all around. Hell, Sons of Anarchy wasn't that good at first and looked what that show has blossomed into.

Offline travilanche

• Duelist
  • D WILD BUNCH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2012, 11:36:17 AM »
I loved the season finale.  It looks the Swede is going to make it to round two.  Although he seems to have lost all of his power over the other employees at this point.  It looks like Elam is excited about the prospect of being a gunslinger, and he seems to be a good shot too.  Can't wait for season 2.  I wonder how long it will be before season 2 starts.

Offline Peach Sherbet

• To the lost.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2012, 04:03:14 PM »
I loved the season finale.  It looks the Swede is going to make it to round two.  Although he seems to have lost all of his power over the other employees at this point.  It looks like Elam is excited about the prospect of being a gunslinger, and he seems to be a good shot too.  Can't wait for season 2.  I wonder how long it will be before season 2 starts.

How the Swede's character was handled was one of my biggest issues with the show. He could've been so much more of evil antagonist and a true bump in the road for Mr. Bohannon, at least for the first season.
Show content for Hiden:
He started off very promising, but he gets whipped by Bohannon half-way through the season and humiliated in the season finale. He can be nothing more than a comedic, sad sap character at this point.

Offline Illuminaudio

• Liked: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2012, 04:39:21 PM »
Dude, he's gonna want revenge. I think he's gonna get close to killing Bohannon next season.

Offline Peach Sherbet

• To the lost.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2012, 10:27:16 PM »
Dude, he's gonna want revenge. I think he's gonna get close to killing Bohannon next season.

He can't come back from that humiliation. They already ruined that character, IMO. It would be so forced if they tried to establish him as one of the top antagonists again.

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Сука Блять
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2012, 10:36:33 PM »
He will be a minor character if he is even included. He has nothing at Hell On Wheels to go back to.