Username: Password:

Author Topic: ~~ Red Dead 100% Guide to Redemption ~~ STRANGER MISSIONS...OUTFITS...AND MUCH MUCH MORE! ~~  (Read 1082574 times)

Offline aFinn

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 8615
  • Awards Best moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hey guys, those of you that have beaten the Sharpshooter Challenge. I'm stuck on "disarming 6 opponents without reloading." Does anybody have any tips for achieving this challenge?

Hello,

Perhaps this recent thread will help you: http://www.reddead.net/forums/index.php/topic,27283.0.html

Offline Jack Crabb

• Liked: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Quick question, and apologies if it's been asked & answered elsewhere.  I'm into the final missions, and I'm getting around to the various challenges also needed.  In the challenge levels for Survivalist, you need to collect a certain number of a particular herb in addition to what you might already have.  Does that happen with the other challenges also, or would the animals I've dispatched with a knife count, for instance, before I get to the relevant level?

Offline SlLENT_RAGE

• Liked: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Nothing you have killed or collected will count towards the challenge before the challenge is started. So say you killed 1000 rabbits, you get a challenge to kill 3, you gotta kill 3. Hope this helped.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk 2
100% Complete Club
100% Undead Club
Platinum Club
Soon to be 100% Game Complete Club

Offline Jack Crabb

• View Profile
    • Awards
Thanks, that's what  I thought.  No biggie - now that I'm more into them, they're not too intimidating (so far).  Finally won at the arm-wrestling, though it was supposed to unlock the outfit scrap, but hasn't done so yet.  I'm wondering if there's a glitch, as I haven't been given the option to change outfits for a while.

Offline aFinn

• Red River Resistance
  • Awards Best moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Finally won at the arm-wrestling, though it was supposed to unlock the outfit scrap, but hasn't done so yet.

I'm wondering if there's a glitch, as I haven't been given the option to change outfits for a while.

Remember that to win in arm-wrestling, you need to win two guys in a row. Don't get out of the table, when you have won both the guys, you get the win and stand up automatically. That's when you get the outfit scrap. Given that you are in Pacific RR Camp doing it.

When you are on the last missions, you cannot change outfits. You can do it again after the last story mission.

Offline Jack Crabb

• View Profile
    • Awards
I was just reading elsewhere in the forums about the final missions preventing outfit changes - thanks.  Maybe that's what's getting in the way of that outfit getting unlocked.  I hope so.  The outfit screen clearly indicates all requirements filled, including winning at arm wrestling.  So I'll give it a go after finishing the main missions.  IF I GET THERE - my old nemesis is holding me up:  horsebreaking!  How I have come to loathe this activity.  On the last Uncle mission; break horses 1 and 2 without much problem, but number 3?  Either the difficulty level on this one gets cranked up to about a hundred, or there's some kind of glitch, 'cause I can't figure out what I have to do to keep from getting thrown.  I get real close, over and over and over again, I've successfully broken horses every other time up to this point, but for the life of me I cannot succeed at breaking horse #3.  If anyone has any suggestion, please help me put an end to my misery . . .   

Offline aFinn

• Red River Resistance
  • Awards Best moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
You should be good on the arm wrestling if you have it completed in the outfit screen. The last scrap for Army outfit is buying a scrap from tailor. You can't do that before the last story mission.

I remember having troubles too with horsebreaking sometimes. Most of the times it's easy, but sometimes almost impossible.
I guess all I can say is keep trying, you'll get it eventually.

Offline Jack Crabb

• View Profile
    • Awards
I have to wonder how it's designed - they don't want to make it too easy, I understand, and maybe the idea was that players would have trouble getting past certain points, but would keep trying (maybe by going elsewhere in the game for a while, which I'm doing right now) and eventually get through.  Maybe there are only certain animals in this particular herd that can be broken?

I'll keep at it, as you suggest, but I'll try not to let it get to me.  Finally succeeded at the Assault on Ft. Mercer mission, which I had abandoned for a while.  Tough one to re-do, since I didn't have access to medicine, which seems to be the one thing I could have used, besides patience.  Just have the cart race left (besides the remaining final missions), and I think I ought to get through it okay.

Offline Jack Crabb

• View Profile
    • Awards
Well, whaddayaknow, you were right.  Left off that last horse-breaking mission a couple of days, tried again last night, and bam!  Got all three mustangs, and pretty quickly too.  Has to be some kind of randomizer in there, preventing players from breezing through the game too fast/easily.  Didn't really play it any differently, either - though I did find it helpful to turn the sound off to the Uncle's verbal abuse!  :P
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 01:22:47 PM by Jack Crabb »

Offline Jack Crabb

• View Profile
    • Awards
Okay, another quick question.  (BTW - finished the story part last week, so now I actually find the 100% thing a little anti-climactic, but I'll do it anyway).  I notice one of the sharpshooter challenges involves killing some animals without reloading or changing weapons - does it work if you use a knife?  The way those wolves come around once blood is spilled, it's usually no problem to off a bunch of  them with a close-range weapon, just keep looking and wait for them to charge.

Offline Jack Crabb

• View Profile
    • Awards
I guess I can probably answer my own question about the sharpshooter challenge - since it's "sharpshooter" it probably means you do need to use a gun.  I'll see when I get there.  How about this one:  when you go for the shooting-the-hats-off-people challenge, won't they freak out and try to shoot back when you aim at them?

Offline aFinn

• Red River Resistance
  • Awards Best moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I used Evans repeater and shot some birds for that sharpshooting challenge, never tried a knife, sorry.

You can easily do the hat shooting in gang hideouts, sometimes npc's hats don't come off so easily as in hideouts. I tried once in Thieves Landing but all I got was headshots, their hats never came off.  >:( lol

Offline Jack Crabb

• View Profile
    • Awards
Thanks, that's good to know.  Seems more than a little reckless, though, going for trick shots when you need to be aiming to kill!  But then, it's just a game - why not a little whimsy with your violence?

Offline Jack Crabb

• View Profile
    • Awards
Okay, I finally got past the '3 bears' sharpshooter challenge (had to use a second save slot, which I hadn't been doing at all, but it seems to be a good way to insure one's progress).  For #8, I managed the two hats pretty easily, but I can't get the thing to acknowledge my "disarms" so far.  I was pretty sure I got one of 'em during a bounty mission, and right after, I won two duels by disarming, but none of these showed up in the journal.  What gives, man?  Maybe I only thought I got the one in the bounty fight, and duels don't count for this challenge?

I guess I'll try another gang hideout instead.  Getting close, now!

Offline Jack Crabb

• View Profile
    • Awards
100%!!   ;D  For a while, at least.  Followed the advice on one of the youtube videos for the last Sharpshooter challenge, and used the sawed-off shotgun in Pike's Basin.  As long as you only shoot using dead-eye, it works!  (Also assuming you manage to aim reasonably close to your enemy's hands or weapon, but it's pretty forgiving with the shotgun).  So, much rejoicing at the long-anticipated achievement; alas, when I got back into the game a few hours later, my treasured 100% was gone - subject to the same game-save glitch that's been my true enemy in these latter stages of the game.   >:(  I took it as irrefutable proof against the existence of god.

Not that I needed any more . . .  However, the only bit taken away was that very last one, and it seems easy enough to replicate, so I'm not tearing my few remaining hairs out.  I do seem to need to sit really close to the screen to see that damn reticule, though.   (pullhair)

Offline spiritwolf1954

• have gun will travel [ paladin ]
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
    • http://spiritwolf1954chatan.friendhood.net
    • Awards
can anyone tell me the sequence of ps3 buttons for the five finger fillet at torquemada i only have this challenge left to do to get the reyes outfit hope someone can help thank you
The wolf is neither mans competitor nor his enemy. He is a fellow creature with whom the earth must be shared.
~ L. David Mech