Username: Password:

Author Topic: Tintype collection  (Read 415 times)

Offline Abstractik

• Native Pride
  • Liked: 5
  • R* fanboy, yes I admit it, you should too.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Tintype collection
« on: December 11, 2018, 06:59:25 PM »
I’ve been wanting to collect Old West tintypes for some time now. Obviously I’m obsessed with the old west. The clothing, the culture, the landscapes, the weapons and just how massive the earth was at the time with the population being so low at the time and the way of transportation. I’m looking to collect any tintypes. Most likely on eBay. There are multiple cases of people finding famous old west characters in tintypes on eBay sold for $10 or so. Now it does take a lot of background to deem the photo authentic (if you do believe it is a famous character). However I’m not going to collect for that I just like looking at authentic images from the era I love so much, and the mystery behind every tintype who is the person in the photo? Who took it? What year?.

I’m wondering do you have any collectibles from the old west? All I have is a beat up civil war navy pistol not worth anything in currency but worth a lot to me, dilating my imagination of the story behind it. If you want to count it I have a couple of arrowheads not knowing what time period but love collecting Native Americana and old west items.