Username: Password:

Author Topic: Oblivion or Far Cry 2?  (Read 2748 times)

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1577
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Meme King 2014 Funniest Member 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
RE: Oblivion or Far Cry 2?
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2011, 09:14:43 PM »
Yes, Oblivion is 5 star game. Unlike, that other, thing, that I don't want to speak of.

And for FarCry2, I borrowed it to play through the Story. At first, it was great. The missions were great and I loved the rifles. But at some point in the hours of driving I fell asleep. I never did that in a game. It was so mindless I just fell asleep. When I woke up 8 hours later I took it out and never played it again.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 09:25:24 PM by RedLlama5 »

Offline Brian7610

• (ノಥ益ಥ )
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mspointscodes.com/?i=200342
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2011, 11:04:37 PM »
Quote from: 'RedLlama5' pid='419024' dateline='1309396483'

Yes, Oblivion is 5 star game. Unlike, that other, thing, that I don't want to speak of.

And for FarCry2, I borrowed it to play through the Story. At first, it was great. The missions were great and I loved the rifles. But at some point in the hours of driving I fell asleep. I never did that in a game. It was so mindless I just fell asleep. When I woke up 8 hours later I took it out and never played it again.

Thats alittle over exaggerating. :dodgy:

How do you fall asleep when your playing a game?

Unless you were playing at like 2 o' clock in the morning

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Сука Блять
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2011, 11:08:04 PM »
Yes, it was around 12AM. I was just sitting there on the couch. Not exaggerating at all.

Offline Rockworm

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2011, 12:59:20 AM »
If Brian fell asleep because of something mindless he'd look in the mirror and never wake up
Fuck Photobucket monthly bandwith out in a week?

Offline Legion

• Gator
  • TWO
  • Liked: 3076
  • Awards Funniest member Biggest spammer Awarded to the user voted as the Most likely to flee to Mexico
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2011, 01:15:21 AM »
Actually. I agree with Llama. I to almost fell asleep while driving all over the map for only one mission in Far Cry 2. But still, the game has some great action and the NPCs show great tactics unlike most games. And the story is nice. But I still think Oblivion is better. It was made by Bestheda. Still Far Cry 2 is just as good of a buy as Oblivion.

Some of the people here say Oblivion is better when they haven't even played Far Cry 2. :|
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 01:16:54 AM by Legion »

Offline Rockworm

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2011, 01:27:03 AM »
You can't compare them honestly.  Ones a FPS the other is an RPG.
Fuck Photobucket monthly bandwith out in a week?

Offline Orchid

• Preserving the world\'s reserve of x\'s
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2011, 03:59:21 AM »
May sound strange, but did anyone else notice the NPCs in Far Cry 2 don't breathe? As in: there's hardly any pause between sentences. There's barely half a second between the lines they say. Poorly implemented use of voice-acting if you ask me.
Was an enjoyable game for a short while, however the lack of content or rather variety of content made it dull, repetitive and all but out of the ordinary after 2 days or so. Spent 5 minutes planning how you'd take down that road station filled with European mercenaries(*)? Nailed it, took them all down without catching a single bullet? No worries, just skip the loading cell for half a minute and they'll all have respawned. Didn't like the story too much either, seemed like something Tom Clancy's ugly twin brother might have written. Main fortes of Far Cry 2 are definitely the graphics and foremost its combat. However when you spend 5 minutes driving for every 1 minute of combat that soon takes away that same pleasure.

(*) Why in hell's name is Africa stuffed with European mercenaries? You can count the total number of "authentic" Africans on two hands!

Offline Legion

• Gator
  • TWO
  • Awards Funniest member Biggest spammer Awarded to the user voted as the Most likely to flee to Mexico
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2011, 07:53:32 AM »
Quote from: 'Orchid' pid='419184' dateline='1309420761'

May sound strange, but did anyone else notice the NPCs in Far Cry 2 don't breathe? As in: there's hardly any pause between sentences. There's barely half a second between the lines they say. Poorly implemented use of voice-acting if you ask me.
Was an enjoyable game for a short while, however the lack of content or rather variety of content made it dull, repetitive and all but out of the ordinary after 2 days or so. Spent 5 minutes planning how you'd take down that road station filled with European mercenaries(*)? Nailed it, took them all down without catching a single bullet? No worries, just skip the loading cell for half a minute and they'll all have respawned. Didn't like the story too much either, seemed like something Tom Clancy's ugly twin brother might have written. Main fortes of Far Cry 2 are definitely the graphics and foremost its combat. However when you spend 5 minutes driving for every 1 minute of combat that soon takes away that same pleasure.

(*) Why in hell's name is Africa stuffed with European mercenaries? You can count the total number of "authentic" Africans on two hands!

I thought I was the only one that noticed how fast they talk. Sometimes I am not fast enough to even read the subtitles. :-/

Offline Squiz Ninja

• Liked: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2011, 09:01:23 AM »
It really depends on what experience you are interested in, but personally for me it's Oblivion, no contest.

Endless hours of gameplay vs extremely limited amount of gameplay.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 09:01:44 AM by Squiz Ninja »

Offline DeathWishDamo

• Herbalist
  • Liked: 9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2011, 09:31:35 AM »
So from what you guys have said I should enjoy oblivion more than FC2.  We are talking about elder scrolls IV right? It was released in 2009/10 I think.

I only enjoyed FC2 so much because I liked the idea of being a guerrilla. Sometimes I would not even drive but walk/run from one outpost to the next.
"Im just chewing the dog mister. I dont mean nothing by it."

Offline Squiz Ninja

• Liked: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2011, 09:50:28 AM »
Quote from: 'DeathWishDamo' pid='419268' dateline='1309440695'

So from what you guys have said I should enjoy oblivion more than FC2.  We are talking about elder scrolls IV right? It was released in 2009/10 I think.

I only enjoyed FC2 so much because I liked the idea of being a guerrilla. Sometimes I would not even drive but walk/run from one outpost to the next.

We can't say what you're going to enjoy more, we're just saying our preference, if you like the idea of FC2 then get it! You gotta buy a game based on what you like.

Go to youtube and search some gameplay videos of each game and maybe watch some reviews, thats what I do when deciding on games... Seeing gameplay footage gives you a lot better indication of whether or not you'll like it than reading text does.

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Сука Блять
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2011, 09:54:06 AM »
I think FarCry3 will be much better myself. Maby it will be more of a debate with FC3 and Skyrim. But as for this, Oblivion takes the cake.

Offline Legion

• Gator
  • TWO
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2011, 11:11:56 AM »
Far Cry 3 will be a little different from Far Cry 2. It will be similar to the first Far Cry.

Have I ever told you the definition of insanity?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 11:12:10 AM by Legion »

Offline DeathWishDamo

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2011, 11:21:59 AM »
Is ubisoft still developing the farcry series? I hope they keep up the good work. I never played the original farcry and after playing farcry2 I don't think there's any need to.

Is oblivion elder scrolls IV the first game in the series on 360?

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Сука Блять
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2011, 11:23:59 AM »
Yes it is... better on PC in my opinion.

Offline Legion

• Gator
  • TWO
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2011, 11:25:07 AM »
Because you can modz it on PC. :D

Offline lkkarus

• ::
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.reddead.net
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2011, 11:38:35 AM »
Horse Armor. Enough Said.

Offline Legion

• Gator
  • TWO
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2011, 11:57:13 AM »
The horses in Skyrim show more use then in Oblivion.

I hope for horse armor similar to this one:

Offline DeathWishDamo

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2011, 01:32:45 PM »
CDROM version is a negative for me, XBOX only.  Its still good on a console though right?  :-/

I've seen a copy of oblivion and bioshock2 boxed set on 360 for £25

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Сука Блять
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2011, 05:00:01 PM »
They have a CD version of Oblivion? That must be a hell of alot of disks...

My friend has it on console and he loves it. PC is better only for Mods I guess.