Username: Password:

Author Topic: Your Wishlist for the Next Red Dead!  (Read 41852 times)

Offline Reuben-Cogburn

• LEGEND OF THE BREAST
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RE: Your Wishlist for the Next Red Dead!
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2011, 11:49:22 PM »
Quote from: 'Luiz' pid='418366' dateline='1309316428'

Jack Marston in the WW1.

I doubt that'll happen.

1. Jack Marston is an horrendously bland and unlikable character.

2. The Red Dead series belongs to the western genre, not the war genre. Given how many "World War" games are on the market as it is, I'm sure a developer as original as R* won't buy in to that.

Take it back to the 19th century, use the Civil War or the Reconstruction as a backdrop for the story, and give it a spaghetti western atmosphere more akin to Red Dead Revolver.

\"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch.

Offline Synyster Brittany

• The Dark Horse
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2011, 12:03:45 AM »
Horses with gatling gun... No, but really I love some of these ideas!

I defiantly want customizable horses; color, tack, build. Along with the ability to modify our characters; gender, race, hair style, clothing, tattoos, scars, ect. I just want more personalization for our players! Also for the time period, I would also like to see it during the (late) 1800's. Mostly around the time were the cowboy was in its prime.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 12:13:32 AM by Synyster Brittany »
Love being a part of a posse? I did until I was kicked for being harassed by a co-leader.

Offline Luiz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2011, 12:39:35 AM »
Quote from: 'Reuben-Cogburn' pid='419103' dateline='1309405762'
Jack Marston in the WW1.

I doubt that'll happen.

2. The Red Dead series belongs to the western genre, not the war genre. Given how many "World War" games are on the market as it is, I'm sure a developer as original as R* won't buy in to that.

Take it back to the 19th century, use the Civil War or the Reconstruction as a backdrop for the story, and give it a spaghetti western atmosphere more akin to Red Dead Revolver.

1. That's subjective. And RDR fans in general take their anger for John's death on Jack because he replaced him, so it doesn't deserve much credibility anyways.
2. I guess so.
3. It surely could be done this way.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 12:45:09 AM by Luiz »

Offline N1C0l3

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2011, 01:03:30 AM »
Quote from: 'Synyster Brittany' pid='419108' dateline='1309406625'

Horses with gatling gun...

did you just watch Jonah Hex??

Offline eagleforlife

• Liked: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2011, 03:19:27 AM »
Quote from: 'travilanche' pid='418405' dateline='1309321315'

^:-/

WWI didn't happen in the old west.

The Old West ended in 1920 when the Mexican Revolution finished.

Everything I want has been mentioned earlier in this thread.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 03:27:44 AM by eagleforlife »
People don't forget, nothing is forgiven - John Marston

Offline N1C0l3

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2011, 03:23:35 AM »
i want to see an actual support team to patch up the glitches and anti-modding servers. also a unlock-able zombie horse, bull, or zebra donkey mounts, and a clan tag option like MW2

Offline travilanche

• Duelist
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 522
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted as the having the Best signature
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2011, 03:47:04 AM »
Quote from: 'Luiz' pid='419119' dateline='1309408775'

Quote from: 'Reuben-Cogburn' pid='419103' dateline='1309405762'

Jack Marston in the WW1.

I doubt that'll happen.

1. That's subjective. And RDR fans in general take their anger for John's death on Jack because he replaced him, so it doesn't deserve much credibility anyways.
2. I guess so.
3. It surely could be done this way.

1.) While Jack being unlikable is subjective, the vast majority of RDR fans and Rock* customers think that Jack is annoying and don't want anything to do with him.  Rock* isn't going to make a sequel with a character only a few people can even stand.

2.) Definitively So

3.) I love both the Civil War and the Reconstruction era for the next game.  The Civil War is pretty early on in the old west but it's when the Man with No Name does all his bounty hunting.  I would love to see some of the weirder guns from the earlier western time period like a pepperbox or one of those other odd revolvers Tuco looks at in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
Signature courtesy of DocRikowski

Offline pablomcquy

• bobing94
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2011, 09:34:20 AM »
I want the pistol with the bayonet, and to be able to use the bayonet unlike in coj bib.

And dedicated servers like the old cods, and let them be arranged by ping.

Be able to join friends matches without invitation, just teleport.

Bank Robberies, although I had an idea about it in mp general discussion, only two people wrote back though.

To be able to start the survivalist and hunting random encounter in a camp. Also make your own record in bird shooting like the npc.

Rodeos, like breaking horses but tougher.

Beer drinking contest. Everyone in benedict point says 'drinking contest tonight'.

To be able to start side missions with different gang outfits.

Offline travilanche

• Duelist
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 522
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted as the having the Best signature
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2011, 03:05:01 PM »
I've always wanted bank robberies in MP.  It's the most frustratingly absent part of the game to me.  I also like the rodeo idea to make money.  I haven't heard that before.
Signature courtesy of DocRikowski

Offline WoahYouSuck

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2011, 05:02:16 PM »
Quote from: 'travilanche' pid='419043' dateline='1309399457'

Quote from: 'WoahYouSuck' pid='418872' dateline='1309379917'

Quote from: 'travilanche' pid='418844' dateline='1309376599'

I think that in Single Player the health should not be regenerative.  In multiplayer it makes sense but the single player version of this game is way way way too easy.

That's what makes the game magical, there's time to spare, because you don't have shit to do.
It makes sense to regenerate in Single Player because you're more likely to be riddled with bullets.

That's exactly why it doesn't make sense.  I can play the game through on hardcore without dying a single time in combat.  There is absolutely no challenge.  All you have to do is duck down for 2 seconds and you're all better.  I know that regenerative health is the only thing that could make sense in this multiplayer but it hurts the single player for me.

So, you want to die in single player and never progress in the story line, cause you keep dying?
BETTER TO HAVE BLOW JOBS
THAN NO JOBS :'D
But seriously >:l
PUT MY WILLY IN YO' MOUTH.
I just took that shit to far :'D
Probably gonna get banned now .___.
JUST MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT.
WITH A COOLER USER.
NAW, MY USERS COOL.

Offline IAmJohnnyDisco

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2011, 05:35:03 PM »
There's the obvious stuff like trains, banks, the ability to swim...

What I'd like to see, however, is a more dynamic weather system. It'd be amazing to incorporate some heavier snow in the mountains, and also some super-cell thunderstorms which produce tornadoes. That would be amazing.

Offline red dead dude

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2011, 05:53:40 PM »
What i would like for the next red dead redemption is to actually be able to pick up a hooker like on grand theft auto...........That would be so awsome.

Offline Old Salty

• View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/joseph.graniczny
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2011, 01:09:52 AM »
They could do Red Dead without John or Jack. John has done his bit in the game unless you did a prequel.  There were the comments in redemption where John's wife and son both got on to him for being gone all the time.  What exactly was John gone doing after the events of Red Dead Revolver and before the events of Red Dead Redemption.  

Then again you could do one where you play Landon Ricketts on his climb up the ladder of life to be the best gunslinger in the West.  

Otherwise there is much history and examples to choose from in film.  I loved the story in the Kevin Costner film Open Range.  I know there are copyright issues there but hell, it would be a good story line to adapt.

Honestly though, it is my opinion that the prime template to establish a game on would be to follow the rise and fall of Billy the Kid and the Lincoln County War and it's aftermath.  He was both a hero and a villain.  Hated and loved.  Worshiped and deplored.  You could highlight his time when he wore a badge and when he resorted to a bloodbath.  You could to the jail break, the cattle rustling and the battles of the war.  Most don't know this but Billy got to meet Jessie James as well while Jessie was laying low for awhile.  That's a good temporary persona to bring in. Billy met and ran with many other people.  Some even more blood thirsty than himself. All in all, Billy's exploits covered New Mexico, parts of Texas and Old Mexico.  You could do many areas like they did in Red Dead Redemption just from that.  There could be some artistic freedom working with the subject.  

Playing as Billy, you would have to keep a low profile as you went from town to town. People would support you or turn on you.  You would be wondering which one of your "loyal" friends would stand by you or turn you in.  With that in mind there is Pat Garrett. The killer of Billy the Kid was his former running buddy.  They stole, killed and lived close together for a long time.  That was the reason alone why Garrett was picked to hunt him down.  He was the only one who stood a chance of finding Billy.  His routes, habits and personality were known to Garrett.  

With him in mind you could also have an open ending.  Did Pat Garrett really get him or did he grow old as Brushy Bill?  Was it a cover up?  Did Billy go to Mexico to lay low?  

Though I would rather see more of a historical perspective on it, they could possibly cash in on the Young Guns series by working something out with the folks who own the rights to those two old movies.

If Rockstar wanted to go the Young Guns route, that could be an option seeing as the two movies were cult classics.  I am willing to bet that Rockstar could get a contract with Emilio Estevez, Kefier Sutherland and others to reprise their roles voice wise.  Those guys really are not up to much these days.
You who live your lives in cities or among peaceful ways cannot always tell whether your friends are the kind who would go through fire for you. But on the Plains one\'s friends have an opportunity to prove their mettle.

Buffalo Bill

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e349/Mccartney2006/

Offline Dusty

• Young Gun
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2011, 05:14:35 AM »
-make your own character in multiplayer
-swimming
-prequel to red dead redemption, john whilst hes part of dutch's gang
-bigger map
-bigger towns
-able to buy more interesting things
-no semi-automatic guns
-your own gang
-MORE GUNS!
Forgive me if I don\'t shake hands....

Offline Apache Kid

• "We'll rob a Mexican monkey"
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 86
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2011, 05:48:13 AM »
To be completely honest, I want the next Red Dead to be without John, and to have a new protagonist... Perhaps though, in the new Red Dead you meet John halfway through the story.

The new features I would like is to be able to swim, definitely. Also, to have more shops, more things to buy.. I think there should be like, an old Indian town somewhere on the map, and it has a shop which sells things like Tomahawks, Bow and Arrows, and maybe even certain types of swords or knives.

Show content for Hiden:
I loved the last part of Red Dead Redemption when you were on the ranch with your family.. I would like to see more realistic, western ranch type missions like those ones, where you have to go hunting, herd cattle and break horses.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 05:50:26 AM by Apache Kid »

Offline pablomcquy

• bobing94
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2011, 08:15:33 AM »
Quote from: 'Apache Kid' pid='420710' dateline='1309600093'

Show content for Hiden:
I loved the last part of Red Dead Redemption when you were on the ranch with your family.. I would like to see more realistic, western ranch type missions like those ones, where you have to go hunting, herd cattle and break horses.

That'd be epic. I'd like it if there were 3 detailed in depth jobs you could do- bounty hunting, hunting and ranching with side-jobs  like nightwatch and you could get hired to drive a stagecoach or train.

Offline Zorra

• Senorita
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2011, 08:56:02 AM »
I have an idea. What if they have fireworks in the multiplayer game every 4th of July?
They could do this with the current game. Have us download the upgrade.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 09:00:31 AM by Zorra »

Offline Waflix

• Programmer
    • View Profile
    • http://waflix.co.cc
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2011, 08:57:29 AM »
I would really appreciate it if you could turn of some animations. Such as looting, skinning and picking.
Also leveling up in single player. Like that you can hold heavier weapons when you grow stronger, or reload faster.

There could also be a little more side-story stuff. I know it has a lot already, but I think it it could have a little more.
~ Waflix

[align=center]Red Dead Redemption - Animal Prices Program[/align]

Offline RedMarston

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2011, 02:13:19 PM »
I agree with fishing
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 05:34:28 PM by RedMarston »

Offline RedMarston

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2011, 02:13:19 PM »
I think that the new Red Dead Redemption should include:

- New system where the player has to eat\drink or he will die.
- New animals such as alligators\turkeys\cats\roadrunners\lhamas\pigeons\scorpions\bats\frogs
- Fishing and swimming.
- Colecting skins, hides and furs to make clothes.
- Cook at camps and learn recipes that are made from meats from hunted animals and\or plants.
- Possibilities to go to another country (by train) and sell stuff from another country there with higher prices.
- Colect fruits, wild berrys, eggs and seeds.
- New Indian villages where you can buy medicines, weapons and other stuff.
- New weapons such Bow and Arrow, Indian spear, Musket, Dual pistol or revolver and much more.:rifle:
-Being able to create a farm and hiring people to plant trees and vegetebles and then you can pik it up and you could also have your own cattle: cows, goats, sheeps.
- New random Events.
-Have your own gang.~:smoking:
- More transport ways like boats.
- New games like darts, dish shooting and drinking contests.
-More shops such as butcher(sells meat)\Exotic shop(sells weapons, meats and other stuff from other countrys).
-Larger towns
- Much bigger map
-More houses
-Tameble animals
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 05:33:24 PM by RedMarston »