Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Walking Dead Discussion Thread  (Read 40561 times)

Offline HerbertMoon99

• Liked: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
« on: November 05, 2011, 08:01:52 PM »
I couldn't find a thread on this, so I decided to make one myself.

Does anyone here watch this, and been watching season 2?

Offline MuertosRojos

• Liked: 1002
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RE: The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 08:43:36 PM »
Season 2 won't come out in England for F@*&ing ages! How is it?

Offline HerbertMoon99

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 08:48:22 PM »
Quote from: 'MuertosRojos' pid='518024' dateline='1320540216'

Haha, I live in England :earmuffs:. Do you have sky? It's on FX at 10:00 pm on Fridays.

Offline MuertosRojos

• Liked: 1002
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 08:56:02 PM »
Quote from: 'HerbertMoon99' pid='518031' dateline='1320540502'

Haha, I live in England :earmuffs:. Do you have sky? It's on FX at 10:00 pm on Fridays.

are you serious! I just moved into a student house so i'm stuck with freeview!

Offline HerbertMoon99

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 08:58:11 PM »
Quote from: 'MuertosRojos' pid='518040' dateline='1320540962'

Unlucky :earmuffs:. You could try the internet? Probably bad quality though. Oh well, there's always channel five next year :earmuffs:.

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
  • Liked: 238
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 09:36:48 PM »
I liked the first season. This second season has been rather dull, very little action with the walkers. I want to feel the terror the characters felt in the first season when their lives where constantly in danger. Now that half the crew has found a safe haven of sorts the storyline is less about the walkers and more about the personalities of the characters, which sucks. That farm better get attacked by a herd or something else I'm giving up on this show. They need to get on with more dangerous endead encounters, make the crew search for a cure or find other survivors.
And I almost forgot, what do you think that doctor whispered into Rick's ear at the end of the first season? He was about to say it in the first ep of this season but didn't. I was hoping he knew where a stronghold was or whatever, maybe they'll reveal it soon?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 09:39:31 PM by MrYoungGun »

Offline HerbertMoon99

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 09:48:40 PM »
Quote from: 'MrYoungGun' pid='518054' dateline='1320543408'

I liked the first season. This second season has been rather dull, very little action with the walkers. I want to feel the terror the characters felt in the first season when their lives where constantly in danger. Now that half the crew has found a safe haven of sorts the storyline is less about the walkers and more about the personalities of the characters, which sucks. That farm better get attacked by a herd or something else I'm giving up on this show. They need to get on with more dangerous endead encounters, make the crew search for a cure or find other survivors.

And I almost forgot, what do you think that doctor whispered into Rick's ear at the end of the first season? He was about to say it in the first ep of this season but didn't. I was hoping he knew where a stronghold was or whatever, maybe they'll reveal it soon?

So many people say they liked the first season more than the second season so far, but i'm completely different. I'm loving the new season :earmuffs:. I like the character development and depth into the survivors, but in some episodes they just don't get the balance right between story development and action.

Offline Peach Sherbet

• To the lost.
  • Liked: 24
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 10:05:58 PM »
I'm liking the second season also. So far, it's coming off as a major character developing season, which you have to have in a show. We're seeing Shane slowly lose his mind it seems. Then, there's the drama between Andrea and Dale. Not to mention the challenges Rick and Lori are going through with their son's accident. It's very interesting so far, and I can't wait to see the next episode.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 10:08:19 PM by Peach Sherbet »

Offline Illuminaudio

• Liked: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 01:10:57 AM »
Anybody see the blue meth in the second episode of season 2? Walt or Jesse survives the zombie apocalypse! :D

Offline The Bear Hunter

• No I don\'t hunt bears I hunt bars!!!
  • Liked: 161
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 01:17:31 AM »
Quote from: 'HerbertMoon99' pid='517991' dateline='1320537712'

I couldn't find a thread on this

http://www.reddead.net/forums/thread-13663.html?highlight=The+Walking+Dead

But that thread is dead itself.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me-Psalm 23:4

The rest of this space for rent-$5,000 obo

Offline travilanche

• Duelist
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 526
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted as the having the Best signature
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 02:37:13 AM »
I just watched the first season on netflix a couple weeks ago and loved it.  So far I like season 2 alright but maybe not quite as much.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow's episode.  I'm not sure how I feel about what Shane did last week.  Pretty shitty in my opinion.
Signature courtesy of DocRikowski

Offline HerbertMoon99

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 05:47:03 AM »
Quote from: 'Peach Sherbet' pid='518069' dateline='1320545158'

I'm liking the second season also. So far, it's coming off as a major character developing season, which you have to have in a show. We're seeing Shane slowly lose his mind it seems. Then, there's the drama between Andrea and Dale. Not to mention the challenges Rick and Lori are going through with their son's accident. It's very interesting so far, and I can't wait to see the next episode.

This. It's a drama, not an action series. Too many people just want to see zombies getting killed, and not character development.

Quote from: 'The Bear Hunter' pid='518153' dateline='1320556651'

Quote from: 'HerbertMoon99' pid='517991' dateline='1320537712'

I couldn't find a thread on this

http://www.reddead.net/forums/thread-13663.html?highlight=The+Walking+Dead

But that thread is dead itself.

Damn, missed that:earmuffs:.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 05:50:09 AM by HerbertMoon99 »

Offline Paranoia

• Hope Rides Alone
  • Liked: 31
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 06:33:57 AM »
Been watching since Halloween night when it first aired. Bought the first season on DVD, and hope to read the comics when I can.

I'm enjoying the second season so far as well. You need to have character development in a show, and the whole reason that they even made it is because you can't get that sort of depth in an hour long movie. Want to see zombies get shot, stabbed, and cut up non-stop? Great, go watch one of the many movies that are about that. If you want to watch a group of survivors struggle through the apocolypse, and actually get some insight on what goes on within their group and their own minds, then there's The Walking Dead.

I missed the first half of last week's episode, so I'll have to catch it later tonight. From what I did see though, I just keep disliking Shane more and more.

If only they would have
Show content for Hiden:
Shot him in the head like they did in the comics
Before anything like this happened.

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1563
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 10:15:31 AM »
Last weeks episode had a nice mix of both, enough action to keep my interest, but enough character development to keep the show real.

Offline HerbertMoon99

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 12:46:56 PM »
Quote from: 'Paranoia' pid='518250' dateline='1320579237'

Been watching since Halloween night when it first aired. Bought the first season on DVD, and hope to read the comics when I can.

I'm enjoying the second season so far as well. You need to have character development in a show, and the whole reason that they even made it is because you can't get that sort of depth in an hour long movie. Want to see zombies get shot, stabbed, and cut up non-stop? Great, go watch one of the many movies that are about that. If you want to watch a group of survivors struggle through the apocolypse, and actually get some insight on what goes on within their group and their own minds, then there's The Walking Dead.

I missed the first half of last week's episode, so I'll have to catch it later tonight. From what I did see though, I just keep disliking Shane more and more.

If only they would have
Show content for Hiden:

If you don't like Shane now, wait till you see the last half of that episode...

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1563
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 01:04:39 PM »
Quote from: 'HerbertMoon99' pid='518377' dateline='1320601616'

If only they would have
Show content for Hiden:

If you don't like Shane now, wait till you see the last half of that episode...

Maybe he saw the later half...

Offline Reuben-Cogburn

• LEGEND OF THE BREAST
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 06:08:29 PM »
It's a decent show, but nowhere near as good as the comic. They made a lot of needless changes to the characters and the storyline and included superfluous characters and plot threads that really make the show devoid of the qualities that make the source material so great. The whole Jenner thing was rote and unnecessary, one of the reasons the scenario of the comic is so compelling is that they have no ideas regarding the nature of the virus, how it works, or what efforts are being made to stop it.  Furthermore, they turned Lori into a whiny whore, Jim into a delusional coward, and Andrea into an ungrateful and abrasive bitch. However, I think one of the biggest transgressions against the source material is their treatment of Shane. He's supposed to be a psychotic and mentally unhinged bastard, not a conflicted and almost likable anti-hero. The only aspects of the show I truly enjoy are the addition of the Dixon brothers and the way they portray Dale and Rick, who are for the most part pretty loyal to their comic book counterparts. It's an okay show in itself, but so far they're grossly misinterpreting  the source material in a lot of ways.

If only they would have
Show content for Hiden:
Shot him in the head* like they did in the comics

Show content for Hiden:
*Neck. Carl's aim isn't that good. :P
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 07:25:25 PM by Reuben-Cogburn »

\"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch.

Offline TWO iRiShHiPpY

• wo0t
  • TWO
  • Liked: 324
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2011, 06:16:36 PM »
Quote from: 'HerbertMoon99' pid='518045' dateline='1320541091'

Quote from: 'MuertosRojos' pid='518040' dateline='1320540962'

Unlucky :earmuffs:. You could try the internet? Probably bad quality though. Oh well, there's always channel five next year :earmuffs:.

Go to sidereel.com, you can find all the episodes there and they're decent... 72 minutes at a time tho.
ZEPPELIN RULES

Offline Peach Sherbet

• To the lost.
  • Liked: 24
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2011, 06:47:27 PM »
There's plenty of sites you can use that have each episode uploaded in HD with no limit. If anyone needs one, PM me and I'll link you.

Offline Paranoia

• Hope Rides Alone
  • Liked: 31
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2011, 12:23:29 AM »
Quote from: 'RedLlama5' pid='518396' dateline='1320602679'

Maybe he saw the later half...

Yeah, it was the last twenty minutes or so that I had saw. It was on TV, and I was trying not to look because I wanted to wait to see the entire episode instead, but after a while I just gave up and watched the last of it.

Watching the newest episode now, and still liking it.