Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Road to the 2012 Presidential Election - FOUR MORE YEARS!!!  (Read 25330 times)

Offline epic redemption

• Liked: 30
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Road to the 2012 Presidential Election - FOUR MORE YEARS!!!
« on: January 04, 2012, 05:21:43 PM »
Well yesterday, Mitt Romney won the Iowa Caucas by beating the runner-up Rick Santorum by only EIGHT VOTES.  In the meantime, Michelle Bachmann announced that she is calling it quits after finishing the caucas in fifth place.  In the end, who do you guys think will earn the GOP nomination and take on Barack Obama in the presidential election. 
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 12:01:48 AM by epic redemption »

Offline Legion

• Gator
  • TWO
  • Liked: 3075
  • Awards Funniest member Biggest spammer Awarded to the user voted as the Most likely to flee to Mexico
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Road to the 2012 Presidential Election
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 05:42:16 PM »
I can't even keep up with all of the names. They all sound the same with the Rick and Mitt and Zit and tit.

Offline epic redemption

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 06:03:05 PM »
Well, tit just droped out.  You wouldn't be familiar with the candidates because you're not American right?

Offline Legion

• Gator
  • TWO
  • Awards Funniest member Biggest spammer Awarded to the user voted as the Most likely to flee to Mexico
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 07:40:05 PM »
Actually I live in America. (thought from Italy). I am still familiar with a few. But I can't keep up with the names you see, I mean there are two Ricks! Anyways, they're coming to South Carolina next so I will probably try and get into this election stuff. I've already watched some videos actually. Mitt Romney looks like my vote, but still my information on these guys is still lacking. I am lucky that they're coming to South Carolina at the right time. And when you say 'tit' do you mean the woman? Forgot her name, but I heard she was planning on dropping out.

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1563
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 09:10:16 PM »
I am voting for myself.

Offline Legion

• Gator
  • TWO
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 10:31:14 PM »
I am voting for myself.

Try be serious for once.

Offline epic redemption

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 11:10:44 PM »
I am voting for myself.

Try be serious for once.

I agree.  Politics should be a topic to be serious about.

Offline Tyler

• Liked: 211
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 02:43:33 AM »
Maybe it's because I'm just now paying attention to our presidential candidates, but every one of them has serious problems that would easily not get my vote, had these few been the only option. Romney will lie out of his ass if it means another vote (a true politician). Perry seems to only have a base on fighting Obama's 'war on religion', and don't even ask about Newt Gingrich. Santorum keeps a steady idealism but falls flat in such hardcore stereotypes such as creationism over evolution, gay marriage being illegal and creating jobs by building more oil wells, that I honestly can't be arsed.

Aside from Hunstman, whom I've not followed yet, Ron Paul is the only Republican who I'd even consider voting for. His constitutional reform is pretty noble, and I respect that he's got the courage to allow the state to decide what it's citizens can do (legalize drugs, allow homosexuals to marry). But his idea for foreign policy, which is basically just no foreign policy at all, is quite troublesome. Close all military bases that aren't on U.S. soil? Invert our economy? Eh.
Things, and stuff

Offline username00420

• F?A??
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 6
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 01:48:41 AM »
Pretty sure Santorum's first move as president would be banning contraception or some shit.

Out of all the Republican candidates I'm gonna have to side with Ron Paul.

But my ultimate vote is going to Gary Johnson, he was running as a Republican, but dropped and joined the Libertarian party.

He's getting a hell of a lot more media coverage now.

Offline Arcadax

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 3431
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 10:35:27 AM »
I'm pretty happy with our current president. He's smart, doesn't talk down to the people, has done a number of great things that went criminally overlooked and is an excellent diplomat. That's more than I can ask for. I'm registered republican but their current stable of candidates is just sad. No serious republican will bother to run until 2016.

Offline rdeyd1 573

• Happiness is a warm gun
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 773
  • TRUMP 2020 MAGA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 11:07:55 AM »
"One of the common failings among honorable people is a failure to appreciate how throughly dishonorable some other people can be, and dangerous it is to trust them." - Thomas Sowell

"The only purpose of a government is to protect a man's rights, which means: To protect him from physical violence. A proper government is only a policeman, an agent of man's self-defense, and, as such, may resort to force only against those who start the use of force. The only proper functions of a guvernment are: The police, to protect you from criminals; the army, to protect you from foreign invaders; and the courts, to protect your property and contracts from breach or fraud from others, to settle disputs by rational rules, according to objective laws." -John Galt in Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged [1957]
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence;it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."  -George Washington

There are two kinds of fascist: fascist and anti-fascist

Offline godzilliac

• Voodoo Baron
  • Liked: 100
    • View Profile
    • Renderosity.com
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 11:42:35 AM »
For pure entertainment purposes I would like to see Gingrich make it to the end. But I still hope Ron Paul will make a strong comeback.

Offline TonberryChef

• The Anti-Princess
  • Liked: 136
  • We are what we think.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 11:51:29 AM »
I'm pretty happy with our current president. He's smart, doesn't talk down to the people, has done a number of great things that went criminally overlooked and is an excellent diplomat.

Quoted for Truth. I'm a registered Democrat, ain't ashamed to say it. He had my vote in 2008, he'll have it again. I'm proud of what he's been able to accomplish and what's he tried to accomplish. I can understand some of the frustration of my Liberal friends about what they perceive as him "not having done enough", but I give him credit for trying to get things done in the face of such deadlock.

The current Republican field is a joke, and many of the things I've heard them espousing are especially repugnant to my sensibilities.

"When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it." - Bernard Bailey

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Сука Блять
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 04:00:23 PM »
I am voting for myself.

Try be serious for once.

I agree.  Politics should be a topic to be serious about.

Who said I'm not?

I hate political parties. They are too black&white. And a government can not function properly like that, you need to be adaptive to issues. Rather then just doing something because that is your general view on it.

Then again, I hate politics and know almost nothing about them. So I could just be a idiot, you tell me.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 04:02:19 PM by RedLlama5 »

Offline Legion

• Gator
  • TWO
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2012, 06:24:16 PM »
You're an idiot. If you hate politics, then there is no need for you to be in this thread, nor troll in it.

Back on topic: I getting to know the candidates now. I am not sure if I will be sticking with Mitt Romney. May change my decision to Ron Paul but I still dislike some of his ideas.

Offline epic redemption

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2012, 07:04:04 PM »
New Hampshire debates are tonight. 

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Сука Блять
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012, 08:39:22 PM »
You're an idiot. If you hate politics, then there is no need for you to be in this thread, nor troll in it.

Back on topic: I getting to know the candidates now. I am not sure if I will be sticking with Mitt Romney. May change my decision to Ron Paul but I still dislike some of his ideas.

I was not trolling, I said my opinion... see what you did? Now I had to make another post just to point that out.

Offline epic redemption

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2012, 09:20:25 PM »
Here's a livestream of the debate:

http://news.yahoo.com/elections/debate/

Offline Arcadax

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 3431
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2012, 02:23:37 PM »
4 out of 6 of the current Republican candidates fully support a constitutional ammendment to ban gay marriage. That's right, they are willing to spend both our taxpayer dollars and countless weeks (or months) passing an ammendment that effectively benefits absolutely NO ONE.
And while I may not vote for him, I hope Ron Paul beats them out for the nomination just to prove a point.

Offline Tyler

• Liked: 211
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2012, 07:23:54 AM »
The Republican trend of homophobia and fighting their 'War on Religion' was the initial reason I didn't take to any of the ultra-right candidates (Perry/Bachmann) but as time goes on it seems like everyone in that race has a rightist hope for the world.

At least there's a good amount of coverage on the fact that Obama is creating more private sector jobs, as well as actually cutting allowance for government agencies. Just goes to show that his Republican opponents have no ground to stand and accuse on, especially now. 
Things, and stuff