Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Road to the 2012 Presidential Election - FOUR MORE YEARS!!!  (Read 23863 times)

Offline epic redemption

• Liked: 30
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Road to the 2012 Presidential Election
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 10:32:18 AM »
Reminder: New Hampshire primary is tomorrow.

Offline epic redemption

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 07:04:28 PM »
The New Hampshire primaries are tonight.

Offline KilaueaKoa

• Grandmaster of Funk
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1113
  • Yeah Sucka!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 08:13:47 PM »
If I was old enough to vote, it would be for Obama, he basically got handed one of the worst states economically america has ever been in and he has managed to make some decent headway on getting the country on the right track. I am not sure how people expected him to magically make the USA a superpower again in just four years.

Plus the GOP seems to be wishy washy so far, going from candidate to candidate trying to find someone that could really win the election, and so far, I really dont see any impressive candidates. Just happy Sarah Palin is out of there. 

Offline epic redemption

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 09:22:15 PM »
Mitt Romney is the projected winner in the New Hampshire Primaries with 38%.  Ron Paul comes in second with 25% and John Huntsman come in third with 17%. 

Offline username00420

• F?A??
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 6
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 04:50:11 PM »
Garry Johnson should be in this poll IMO.

Offline epic redemption

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2012, 07:17:17 PM »
Garry Johnson should be in this poll IMO.

I should do the same thing with Vermin Supreme. 

Offline epic redemption

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2012, 07:19:30 PM »
I have added two third party candidates: Gary Johnson, who was the Governor of New Mexico and Vermin Supreme who looks like some politcal hobo. 

Offline epic redemption

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2012, 11:08:52 PM »
This just in, Jon Huntsman is dropping out.  He has been removed from the poll.

Offline travilanche

• Duelist
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 525
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted as the having the Best signature
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 11:32:12 PM »
I voted for Obama in '08 but I won't vote for him this time.  He's a liar and a turd.  But all these candidates are except for Ron Paul.  I don't believe that it matters who you vote for.  I believe that the politicians are just actors, making the people think that their opinions matter.  The political campaigns are just stage shows to keep the commoners divided and fighting amongst themselves. 
Signature courtesy of DocRikowski

Offline epic redemption

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 11:07:30 AM »
The day I have been finally waiting for has finally come.  Rick Perry is dropping out.  My faith in humanity has returned. 

Offline MuertosRojos

• Liked: 1002
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 12:04:17 PM »
I voted for Obama in '08 but I won't vote for him this time.  He's a liar and a turd.  But all these candidates are except for Ron Paul.  I don't believe that it matters who you vote for.  I believe that the politicians are just actors, making the people think that their opinions matter.  The political campaigns are just stage shows to keep the commoners divided and fighting amongst themselves.

Politician ;)

It's a fact all politician's are actor's, otherwise who in their sane mind would vote for any of these shysters?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 12:06:20 PM by MuertosRojos »

Offline rdeyd1 573

• Happiness is a warm gun
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 760
  • TRUMP 2016
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2012, 12:19:50 PM »
"One of the common failings among honorable people is a failure to appreciate how throughly dishonorable some other people can be, and dangerous it is to trust them." - Thomas Sowell

"The only purpose of a government is to protect a man's rights, which means: To protect him from physical violence. A proper government is only a policeman, an agent of man's self-defense, and, as such, may resort to force only against those who start the use of force. The only proper functions of a guvernment are: The police, to protect you from criminals; the army, to protect you from foreign invaders; and the courts, to protect your property and contracts from breach or fraud from others, to settle disputs by rational rules, according to objective laws." -John Galt in Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged [1957]
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence;it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."  -George Washington

There are two kinds of fascist: fascist and anti-fascist

Offline Alphapug

• That is not dead which can eternal lie. Mad Men
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 1070
  • Mad Men Ambassador and Crew Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2012, 01:58:21 PM »
I voted for Ron Paul and have given money (not enough) to his campaign, but the media has nothing but derision for him and so the masses who get their political news from snl and the daily show have dismissed him. To most people in the US, anything pre-JFK is like dinosaur days, so any mention of the Constitution is confusing for them. Plus, he would upset both parties' gravy trains. Instead, the weak field is led by this cycle's McCain, Mitt Romney, a finger-in-the-wind empty suit. If the media seems curiously unwilling to attack Romney before he's nominated rest assured that he is the chosen lamb. They had it made last time, McCain shot himself in the foot any time he threatened to move ahead. Well now I've bummed myself out!  :'( Sometimes I miss the days when I kept up with sports every day, rather than politics.  :o

Offline Peach Sherbet

• To the lost.
  • Liked: 24
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2012, 10:19:05 PM »
Paul is the only reasonable one out of the bunch. He's the only one I'd even consider voting for.

Offline epic redemption

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2012, 05:18:11 PM »
On Saturday, Newt Gingrich won the South Carolina primaries.  Here are the results:

Newt Gingrich - 40.4%
Mitt Romney - 27.8%
Rick Santorum - 17%
Ron Paul - 13%
Rick Perry - 0.4%
Other - 1.4%

The next primary will be the Florida primary on Janurary 31. 

Offline travilanche

• Duelist
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 525
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted as the having the Best signature
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2012, 06:35:23 PM »
How can Ron Paul possibly be behind those guys?
Signature courtesy of DocRikowski

Offline godzilliac

• Voodoo Baron
  • Liked: 100
    • View Profile
    • Renderosity.com
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2012, 08:12:28 PM »
The silence around Ron Paul has been ear deafening almost from the start. Only of late is he drawing some exposure in the media and probably just because they can't keep ignoring him. If he would have had the same spotlights that some lightweights like Michele Bachmann and Rick Perry unjustly were given, the story might be a little different now.

The South voted for a fossile (Gingrich) that could be a character straight out of a novel by Dickens. Sad to say that's hardly a surprise. What did this guy ever say to make you believe for a second that he sticks up for the common guy? Are there that many people who think it's an appealing idea to lift up the prohibition on child labor? Or do they just vote for anyone that their local pastor advices them to vote for?

Terribly frightening all this.

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
  • Liked: 3924
  • Awards Hash Tag King 2014 Most likely to flee to Mexico Biggest Perv 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2012, 08:20:10 PM »
This is why I vote Obama:

Why does Obama have pierced Nipples???

Cause Bush had a Dick Cheney    :D

Offline Legion

• Gator
  • TWO
  • Liked: 3074
  • Awards Funniest member Biggest spammer Awarded to the user voted as the Most likely to flee to Mexico
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2012, 09:17:05 PM »
This is why I vote Obama:

Why does Obama have pierced Nipples???

Cause Bush had a Dick Cheney    :D

I know who I am voting for now.

Offline Arcadax

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 3431
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2012, 03:30:33 PM »
The silence around Ron Paul has been ear deafening almost from the start. Only of late is he drawing some exposure in the media and probably just because they can't keep ignoring him. If he would have had the same spotlights that some lightweights like Michele Bachmann and Rick Perry unjustly were given, the story might be a little different now.

The South voted for a fossile (Gingrich) that could be a character straight out of a novel by Dickens. Sad to say that's hardly a surprise. What did this guy ever say to make you believe for a second that he sticks up for the common guy? Are there that many people who think it's an appealing idea to lift up the prohibition on child labor? Or do they just vote for anyone that their local pastor advices them to vote for?

Terribly frightening all this.

I can't believe they voted Gingrich. There is no one on earth that looks or sounds less presidential. I burst into laughter any time I see him, but that might be Stephen Colbert's fault :D