Username: Password:

Author Topic: Ladies?  (Read 5236 times)

Offline LishPaice

• Miss Raw Paws
  • Liked: 2
  • Stone Cold Killer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ladies?
« on: January 18, 2012, 04:53:16 PM »
Question for the other girls on here (I know there are a few of us around here)

Do any of you use your mic/talk over mic when you aren't playing with friends/people you know?

I'm starting to think I may just give up on using the mic despite how useful it can be at times, because it always seems to follow the same pattern of one of the following:

1. "WOW! A girl on Xbox I've never met one of those before!!!!!!!!" *Friend request within two minutes* - I find this bizarre as I have at least 20 girl friends on Xbox, and often meet others as well, especially on RDR.

2. "Go to bed kid, you sound 5 years old little boy"

3. "Get back in the kitchen, and make a sandwich" "You must weigh 500 pounds you ugly b****" "No life freak girl has to play Xbox"  ::)

4. *lots of inappropriate, annoying sexual comments and advances*

5. or.......... It will be a genuine good guy that doesn't talk crap.

Do you ladies come across this? Maybe this is an Xbox only problem? I guess its not a huge problem, it's just getting to the point where I think I might just leave the headset off, change my character to a guy and talk with headshots instead, haha.

Guys - I'm not taking a dig at you by the way, I have met many nice, funny, cool guys on RDR too, and all that I have spoken to on this forum are really nice - it just seems to be a large portion of randoms on RDR fit into the 1-4 catagories above.

Offline Casteyn

• Out of hibernation
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 4709
  • I deal in lead
  • Awards Most helpful member Most respected member Most Missed Member 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ladies?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 06:05:18 PM »
It's rare I'll talk to people if I'm playing without friends, except maybe in poker. I usually won't have that "it's a girl" problem though because my voice is deep and they aren't really sure if I'm a girl or not because I play a girl character. I was called a fag once in an FFA match tho, lol!  :P

Offline Harold MacDougal

• MacDoodle
  • Liked: 5
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 06:41:01 PM »
I get a lot of those. They also seem to be under the interpretation that if you're a female you can't play the game worth shit. I can add one on top of that, though. In my case I've got an accent and have been called anything from "Hillbilly Bitch" to "Redneck" something or other. I just tell them that an accent determines where you're from and it's not a basis to gauge one on their intelligence.

I love getting sexist insults. It makes my fucking day.

Offline INFOLADY BRAZIL

• Stronghold woman
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 07:14:41 PM »
Oh, happens a bit...but you hear so funny stuff too...like my top 5:

"- I hate when she kills me."
"- Oh, great! She burned me."
"- I was just killed by a girl?"
"- You mess with me and my friend Infolady will punish you"
And my favorite one:
"- Fucking hell woman!!!"

The thing is...if some fool bother you just let your gun talk! :D

Offline LishPaice

• Miss Raw Paws
  • Stone Cold Killer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 07:24:03 PM »
I won't stop using the mic, as it's a great method to annoy people in Free Roam.

This is why I'm reluctant, hahaha.

Yes it's quite funny when people seem to get annoyed about being killed by a girl. It's like, dude I have two hands and two eyes just like you, just because I have a vagina doesn't mean that I'm automatically bad at video games.

oh the accent thing is funny as well - I often get mistaken as British and they start making "tea and biscuit" jokes. I personally don't think my accent sounds British at all, but maybe over the mic to people who haven't heard a Kiwi accent very often it might do.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 08:03:45 PM by LishPaice »

Offline MostDope314

• Welcome to Strangeland
  • Liked: 17
  • New World Orphans Clan Leader
    • View Profile
    • New World Orphans Clan Site
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 09:28:01 PM »
"Go to bed kid, you sound 5 years old little boy"

it's true, though. most girls sound like young boys on XBL.

Offline LishPaice

• Miss Raw Paws
  • Stone Cold Killer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 09:35:59 PM »
"Go to bed kid, you sound 5 years old little boy"

it's true, though. most girls sound like young boys on XBL.

yeah I guess this one is forgivable, haha

Offline INFOLADY BRAZIL

• Stronghold woman
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 10:04:40 PM »
Hell, where is the like button here, Lish? :D

Offline LishPaice

• Miss Raw Paws
  • Stone Cold Killer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 10:13:04 PM »
Hell, where is the like button here, Lish? :D

I think this to myself on a daily basis on this board!! :D

Offline tonibologna

• Mean Green Mortadella
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 369
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted to have the Best username
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 10:31:22 PM »
"You're a fucking girl."

That I am! ;D

I have had a lot of people say "You can't be a girl. Toni is a guy's name." I then have to go through the whole Toni/Tony gender discussion.

I almost always use my mic, unless no one else is using one in a posse or on my team in the competitive modes. Then I'll either mute myself or turn off the mic completely. I also have a low voice, have even been mistakened for my accent being either British or Australian, twice! I can't see it... I've got a Chicago accent. :P I haven't received that many friend requests just 'cause my friend list is already as full as it is, of awesome guy and girl friends. A guy friend of mine hates it when women are being talked down on, so much that he once just quit the game for the night since he didn't want to hear anymore of it.

I have honestly received shit-talk from more women than I have from men.

Offline LishPaice

• Miss Raw Paws
  • Stone Cold Killer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 10:41:13 PM »
"You're a fucking girl."

That I am! ;D

I have had a lot of people say "You can't be a girl. Toni is a guy's name." I then have to go through the whole Toni/Tony gender discussion.

I almost always use my mic, unless no one else is using one in a posse or on my team in the competitive modes. Then I'll either mute myself or turn off the mic completely. I also have a low voice, have even been mistakened for my accent being either British or Australian, twice! I can't see it... I've got a Chicago accent. :P I haven't received that many friend requests just 'cause my friend list is already as full as it is, of awesome guy and girl friends. A guy friend of mine hates it when women are being talked down on, so much that he once just quit the game for the night since he didn't want to hear anymore of it.

I have honestly received shit-talk from more women than I have from men.

My best friends name is Toni - she gets the same thing too, haha.

You have the right idea - think I will just be more harsh with the mute function from now on and mute the ones that say idiotic things :)

Offline The Annihilator

• Now, GIMME YOUR MILK MONEY
  • Liked: 158
  • Better than Wolverine any day of the week
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 11:04:51 PM »
oh the accent thing is funny as well - I often get mistaken as British and they start making "tea and biscuit" jokes. I personally don't think my accent sounds British at all, but maybe over the mic to people who haven't heard a Kiwi accent very often it might do.

Haven't they seen Star Wars? Every single fucking clone has a Kiwi accent.

Offline Skull on the horizon

• Buryin' your Hamburger
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 01:44:12 PM »
I know that thing with the friends requests, even without using mics or playing multiplayer. I got around 5 requests a day just because my avatar actually was a woman. the messages in my mailbox dropped rapidly after I changed it's gender... somehow hilarious oO
mh, fresh donuts

Offline LishPaice

• Miss Raw Paws
  • Stone Cold Killer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 05:14:13 PM »
I know that thing with the friends requests, even without using mics or playing multiplayer. I got around 5 requests a day just because my avatar actually was a woman. the messages in my mailbox dropped rapidly after I changed it's gender... somehow hilarious oO

hahaha, oh dear.

Offline Enchanted Hunter

• the Piano player is my hero
  • Liked: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 09:15:45 PM »
I'm a guy, but every time i've been in RDR (on psn) when ever a girl starts talking, bang, sexual comments, and of course... kitchen remarks. It's pretty funny when the girl hunts them down and spawn kills them like twenty times and they rage quit :P

But as for me, i'm a nice guy :P
Soon to be proud owner of golden buffalo rifle

Offline eagleforlife

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 07:46:05 AM »
I won't stop using the mic, as it's a great method to annoy people in Free Roam.

What exactly is a British accent? Great Britain incorporates England, Scotland and Wales. You then have regional accents; a South London or Essex accent is very different to your stereotypical Victorian English accent that Americans seem to think all English people speak with. There is also a Devon accent, Yorkshire, Geordie, etc.

There is no such thing as a British accent; either English, Scottish or Welsh accent but not British.
People don't forget, nothing is forgiven - John Marston

Offline Yarrix

• MASTER HUNTER
  • Liked: 0
  • RED DEAD HUNTERS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 11:40:14 AM »
Some Americans seem to think that English people speak either really poshly, and have tea with the queen, or have a really strong cockney accent. This is clearly untrue as accents in England are just as diverse as in America, we have numerous accents. A 'British' accent though, when done by some Americans is almost always posh. I'm not having a dig at the Americans on this forum, as you are all intelligent enough to not think we drink tea with the queen, I'm just saying some of them do, you see it alot on youtube. And on XBL when people discover I am from 'Britain' they all start making tea-queen jokes or if I say I'm Northern Irish, they start trying to immitate an Irish Accent, which is almost always terrible.
"Shoot till your fingers break, ride till your legs can no longer spur, fight till every last fibre in your body gives up hope, but most of all, never give up on your one true goal." - Jake Smyton

Offline eagleforlife

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 12:25:15 PM »
Some Americans seem to think that English people speak either really poshly, and have tea with the queen, or have a really strong cockney accent. This is clearly untrue as accents in England are just as diverse as in America, we have numerous accents. A 'British' accent though, when done by some Americans is almost always posh. I'm not having a dig at the Americans on this forum, as you are all intelligent enough to not think we drink tea with the queen, I'm just saying some of them do, you see it alot on youtube. And on XBL when people discover I am from 'Britain' they all start making tea-queen jokes or if I say I'm Northern Irish, they start trying to immitate an Irish Accent, which is almost always terrible.

Agree with this. If anyone has seen any of the Lord of the Rings films Sean Astin (an American) as Sam does a perfect regional English accent of the West Country. You don't hear those accents very often in Hollywood (especially coming from somebody not native to that area).
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 02:21:11 PM by eagleforlife »
People don't forget, nothing is forgiven - John Marston

Offline Yarrix

• MASTER HUNTER
  • RED DEAD HUNTERS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 12:59:01 PM »

Agree with this. If anyone has seen any of the Lord of the Rings films Sean Astin (an American) as Sam does a perfect regional English accent of the West Country. You don't here those accents very often.

Yeah its rare that a good accent is achieved.
"Shoot till your fingers break, ride till your legs can no longer spur, fight till every last fibre in your body gives up hope, but most of all, never give up on your one true goal." - Jake Smyton

Offline MR-WIKI-96

• The Banditos Of The West
  • I like trains....
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2012, 02:21:04 PM »
I used to be like those others, but when you friend your first girl on PSN, its now like "meh, i'm not judging her gender, i'm judging her game skill like any other person"