Username: Password:

Author Topic: Ladies?  (Read 5077 times)

Offline persht

• ONE CRAZY LADY!
  • Liked: 10
  • NO!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.reddead.us
    • Awards
Re: Ladies?
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2012, 03:06:27 PM »
I have all the same issues as the OP but on PS3.

I also find it was popular for a while to use me against other guys because I played pretty well. They would invite me and tell me keep my mic off and allow me to get MVP sometimes and then yell out at the other guy and say "you were beat by a girl." I then would leave the session and delete the dickhead for doing that.

I have gone as far as making 2nd accouns with male names... but since I'm friendly with ladies... sometimes i get hit on by ladies >.> so there is no running away from the issue... just I have less problems with making a male account and not talking.

Offline LishPaice

• Miss Raw Paws
  • Liked: 2
  • Stone Cold Killer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2012, 04:52:44 PM »
I won't stop using the mic, as it's a great method to annoy people in Free Roam.
oh the accent thing is funny as well - I often get mistaken as British and they start making "tea and biscuit" jokes. I personally don't think my accent sounds British at all, but maybe over the mic to people who haven't heard a Kiwi accent very often it might do.

What exactly is a British accent? Great Britain incorporates England, Scotland and Wales. You then have regional accents; a South London or Essex accent is very different to your stereotypical Victorian English accent that Americans seem to think all English people speak with. There is also a Devon accent, Yorkshire, Geordie, etc.

There is no such thing as a British accent; either English, Scottish or Welsh accent but not British.

My apologies - I was meaning an English accent when saying British - didn't mean to offend :)

Offline eagleforlife

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 03:45:14 PM »
I won't stop using the mic, as it's a great method to annoy people in Free Roam.
oh the accent thing is funny as well - I often get mistaken as British and they start making "tea and biscuit" jokes. I personally don't think my accent sounds British at all, but maybe over the mic to people who haven't heard a Kiwi accent very often it might do.

What exactly is a British accent? Great Britain incorporates England, Scotland and Wales. You then have regional accents; a South London or Essex accent is very different to your stereotypical Victorian English accent that Americans seem to think all English people speak with. There is also a Devon accent, Yorkshire, Geordie, etc.

There is no such thing as a British accent; either English, Scottish or Welsh accent but not British.

My apologies - I was meaning an English accent when saying British - didn't mean to offend :)

No worries. No offence was caused :)
People don't forget, nothing is forgiven - John Marston

Offline pieisgood249

• Chief Pie Guy
  • Liked: 0
  • Pie for all of motherland, the rest to the wealthy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2012, 02:27:06 AM »
"You're a fucking girl."

That I am! ;D

I have had a lot of people say "You can't be a girl. Toni is a guy's name." I then have to go through the whole Toni/Tony gender discussion.

I almost always use my mic, unless no one else is using one in a posse or on my team in the competitive modes. Then I'll either mute myself or turn off the mic completely. I also have a low voice, have even been mistakened for my accent being either British or Australian, twice! I can't see it... I've got a Chicago accent. :P I haven't received that many friend requests just 'cause my friend list is already as full as it is, of awesome guy and girl friends. A guy friend of mine hates it when women are being talked down on, so much that he once just quit the game for the night since he didn't want to hear anymore of it.

I have honestly received shit-talk from more women than I have from men.

Your a girl? Me had no ideaz :P
You really did sound like a little kid when we were rafting that one time ages ago :)

Offline Ariel_Massacre

• Killer Mermaid!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2012, 10:37:06 PM »
Got something like number two when I was saying bye to someone (toni-bologna) earlier - was speaking to her and then some guy out of nowhere just opens his mouth and is like "kids on this game", yadda yadda.

The majority of the time I am getting hit on and told how sexy my voice is, though.. But I've also run into my fair share of cool dudes.

Offline rdeyd1 573

• Happiness is a warm gun
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 760
  • TRUMP 2016
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2012, 01:00:16 AM »
Does enybody want some candy?  8)
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence;it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."  -George Washington

There are two kinds of fascist: fascist and anti-fascist

Offline WoahYouSuck

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2012, 03:08:10 PM »
Nobody understands my Scottish accent .__.

I don't really mind girls, but every male, for whatever reason, are slightly surprised to see a woman on any game.
BETTER TO HAVE BLOW JOBS
THAN NO JOBS :'D
But seriously >:l
PUT MY WILLY IN YO' MOUTH.
I just took that shit to far :'D
Probably gonna get banned now .___.
JUST MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT.
WITH A COOLER USER.
NAW, MY USERS COOL.

Offline LishPaice

• Miss Raw Paws
  • Stone Cold Killer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2012, 08:18:28 PM »

I don't really mind girls, but every male, for whatever reason, are slightly surprised to see a woman on any game.

Yeha I guess it's just a traditional "video games are for guys" mentality - not sure where it came from... I mean, yes, more guys do play them, but still there have always been girls who do too.

Ahhh Scottish accents are the BEST!!! :D

Offline travilanche

• Duelist
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 525
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted as the having the Best signature
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2012, 09:49:19 PM »
Some of the best players I have played with are girls.  DDhrjoyce, Wild_Spirit10, DementedNymph, and Toni_bologna, all girls on my friends list that are far better at this game than I am.  It's bewildering to me that some guys are in disbelief when they get their ass handed to them by a girl. 
Signature courtesy of DocRikowski

Offline Katie0391

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2012, 05:23:08 AM »
I don't tend to use my mic much anyway, unless I'm playing with my brother and his friends, but even then, we just stay in a party.

Not really had any issues with guys online. Sometimes I'll get random friend requests; I accept them, and if they annoy me then I'll delete them.

Offline WoahYouSuck

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2012, 12:05:52 PM »

Yeha I guess it's just a traditional "video games are for guys" mentality - not sure where it came from... I mean, yes, more guys do play them, but still there have always been girls who do too.

Ahhh Scottish accents are the BEST!!! :D

I reckon it comes from Pacman, But then again Miss Pacman... Or maybe it's just because girls are outnumbered, I mean I'm all for women getting into the gaming spirit and all but the fact of the matter is there are hardly any girls free roaming :l

AYE!
BETTER TO HAVE BLOW JOBS
THAN NO JOBS :'D
But seriously >:l
PUT MY WILLY IN YO' MOUTH.
I just took that shit to far :'D
Probably gonna get banned now .___.
JUST MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT.
WITH A COOLER USER.
NAW, MY USERS COOL.

Offline clarkscowbysTWO

• Loyalty is important to me
  • TWO
  • Liked: 945
  • The World is Ours
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2012, 01:47:23 PM »
Guys can be pigs, but not everyone is that way. It took my first year of marriage or as I call it boot camp to change my ways. When I was younger if a girl beat me I would get angry. A lot of it is just immaturity, so don't take it the wrong way.

Offline LishPaice

• Miss Raw Paws
  • Stone Cold Killer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2012, 04:14:04 PM »
Guys can be pigs, but not everyone is that way. It took my first year of marriage or as I call it boot camp to change my ways. When I was younger if a girl beat me I would get angry. A lot of it is just immaturity, so don't take it the wrong way.

Totally - I've met lots of really nice guys on XBL - its just some who are jerks. You are right - immaturity is probably what fuels most of the ones who act like douchbags, haha :)

Offline Kazzy

• Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 3096
  • Midas Touch
  • Awards Best GFX 2014 Best graphics artist
    • View Profile
    • Red Dead Fan
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2012, 08:12:01 AM »
I don't tend to use my mic much anyway, unless I'm playing with my brother and his friends, but even then, we just stay in a party.

Not really had any issues with guys online. Sometimes I'll get random friend requests; I accept them, and if they annoy me then I'll delete them.

I usually only use my mic when I'm playing with friends, and we stay in a party. I also get lots of friend requests, sometimes they're from people who aren't even in the same game as me, or I'll get invites to play games that I don't have!

Offline MuertosRojos

• Liked: 1002
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2012, 11:33:49 AM »

[/quote]

I got a South London accent! ;D

Misogyny is in nearly every aspect of life, especially Red Dead Redemption.

Offline persht

• ONE CRAZY LADY!
  • Liked: 10
  • NO!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2012, 02:41:37 PM »
Got something like number two when I was saying bye to someone (toni-bologna) earlier - was speaking to her and then some guy out of nowhere just opens his mouth and is like "kids on this game", yadda yadda.

The majority of the time I am getting hit on and told how sexy my voice is, though.. But I've also run into my fair share of cool dudes.

Don't let her humble attitude fool you ladies and gents! This woman has admirers who even bug me to just get a few minutes of time with her.

Offline LishPaice

• Miss Raw Paws
  • Stone Cold Killer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2012, 03:40:35 PM »

Don't let her humble attitude fool you ladies and gents! This woman has admirers who even bug me to just get a few minutes of time with her.

Hahaha! I want to hear her voice now! lol

Offline LishPaice

• Miss Raw Paws
  • Stone Cold Killer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2012, 08:05:34 PM »

I usually only use my mic when I'm playing with friends, and we stay in a party. I also get lots of friend requests, sometimes they're from people who aren't even in the same game as me, or I'll get invites to play games that I don't have!

haha yeah I get invites to games I don't have sometimes too! I'm not sure if its in error or the person who sent it just presumes I own the game :D

Offline travilanche

• Duelist
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 525
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted as the having the Best signature
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2012, 09:08:02 PM »
I used to get invites to Portal 2 all the time from people that I know knew that I didn't have the game. 
Signature courtesy of DocRikowski

Offline Beholla_220

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 200
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2012, 09:30:20 PM »
I've had great fun gaming with girls, especially someone named midnight5678 cuz she liked to randomly tomahawk me in the face LOL. Hasen't been on in over 2 months though, ps3 broke   :(   My friend and I have chewed ppl out if they be showin' disrespect  >:(

:p