Username: Password:

Author Topic: Does the cougar scare you?  (Read 1890 times)

Offline SoulTrain75

• Liked: 7
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Does the cougar scare you?
« on: March 29, 2012, 10:53:08 PM »
I think the cougar in RDR is awesome on every level. i cant think of any other game animal or monster or man that has made me jump as many times as it has. i actually think twice before going into a territory i know they roam. every time i do im always like on edge wondering if one is behind me. then sometimes ill be in its territory doing a mission or hunting then "Rarrr" and i jump and im like crapppp and my heart starts beating fast. and this not being a horror game well i guess part of it is ive played alot of horror games and none compare to the scaryness of the cougar. they should of had like a see how many waves of cougars you can survive game mode ahhhh anyway anyone else fear the cougar.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 10:54:55 PM by SoulTrain75 »

Offline x Ozy x

• Mad Men
  • Liked: 510
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Does the cougar scare you?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 11:07:49 PM »
Yep me too  (shhh)
awesome sig by Kazzy

Offline Alphapug

• That is not dead which can eternal lie. Mad Men
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 1252
  • Mad Men Ambassador and Crew Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Does the cougar scare you?
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 11:20:06 PM »
This sounds like something that would happen in rdr. Damn cougars!

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/03/man-attacked-by-mountain-lion-saved-by-bear/

Offline Jackalope_Hunter

• Liked: 12
  • Jackalopes Killed: 56
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 01:10:59 AM »
I agree 100%. Many a time the cougar has made me jump out of my skin. I avoid Rio Bravo at all costs unless I have to go there for a misson or something lol. I remember reading, I think on the wiki, that theres a saying among the players of RDR that goes something like "You don't find Cougars...Cougars find you.." Which is so, so true.

One thing I find even more scary is after you kill a cougar you know in the back of your head that theres another one nearby because they spawn in 2's. Those are the ones that usually get me because your not sure if its gonna be at the front or back or the sides.

Worst time a cougar made me jump was up Rio Bravo near Pleasant View. I killed one and I saw the other one run over a hill. So I stopped and waiting for it to come back, with my gun ready, then out of nowhere the damn thing jumps out of the shrub next to me. I managed to kill it, but I nearly crapped my pants.

Speaking of animals in the game making you jump. Does anybody have the same problem with the bears in Tall Trees? I find they dont make hardly enough noise, and only growl when they are right behind you. I find I have to listen for a panting sound. So many times Ive been up Tall Trees and I turn around to see a bear like 10ft away charging at me, that makes me jump just about as much as a bloody cougar. I always keep my Buffalo Rifle equipped when I go up Rio Bravo or Tall Trees. I think thats why I like Nuevo Pariso so much. No cougars, no bears. The bobcats dont bother you. And wolves are just too much fun lol all I see are dollar signs running at me when I see a pack of them coming at me.

Offline Casteyn

• Out of hibernation
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 4710
  • I deal in lead
  • Awards Most respected member Most helpful member Most Respected 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 10:16:54 AM »
Freakin cougars!!!!

Offline Ferguson99

• Valentine Sheriff
  • Liked: 937
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 10:30:01 AM »
HELL YER.............all is quiet and all of a sudden ROAR theres 1 of the buggers on your back

Offline Casteyn

• Out of hibernation
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 4710
  • I deal in lead
  • Awards Most respected member Most helpful member Most Respected 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 10:40:02 AM »
They were one of the reasons I wouldn't venture out at night when I first started playing SP :)

Offline The Fox

• KOOPER JOE
  • Liked: 22
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 10:43:48 AM »

Speaking of animals in the game making you jump. Does anybody have the same problem with the bears in Tall Trees? I find they dont make hardly enough noise, and only growl when they are right behind you.

I've established they're ninjas. There's no other logical explanation.

Also, I love it when cougars spawn like mad up in Tanner's Reach and you get 15 of them running around.

Offline Ferguson99

• Valentine Sheriff
  • Liked: 937
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 11:21:31 AM »
oh yes tanners reach...............just stand on that rock and shit yourself

Offline xGODx RACER

• Liked: 32
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 03:58:22 PM »
Lol once I was randomly walking around in Tall Trees and this cougar came up behind me and just killed me and I jumped a blooooooody mile......For the rest of the day my heart was pounding.

Offline Seth of the Dead

• Lord of Minas Morgul
  • Liked: 4
  • Do you not know death when you see it?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 06:02:29 PM »
Cougars I've never really had much of a problem with, they to me are more anoying than anything but bears on the other hand are a different story being my main source of income. The only time I ever came close to crapping myself was when I was doing the  hunter challenge to kill a bear with your knife, I was surprised by a grizzly that just appeared to jump ut of knowhere and kill my horse so I equipped my Buffalo rifle was about to take aim when I heard a growl from behind turning I see another bear charging so I scury away only to turn and instead of seeing two bears preparing for an atack I see a line of eight bears running in perfect unison straight at me so I turn and start up the path to Nekoti rock hoping to get a better vantage point to pick them off yet to my surprise 6 bears turned and went completely ignoring me so then I see the other two that were held up by a tree only this time they are running up the path to me, I have no time to fire off a lethal shot, my only option is to jump off the small cliff face and hope to God I make it. As I do this the black bear retreats but the Grizzly continues the charge over the cliff edge. I'm in the finishing process of recovering from the fall and look up to see a huge shape falling closer and closer I swear to God I could see the saliva dripping from it's jaws as it gets closer I can feel my iminent death but instead the bear drops dead at my feet with the fall breaking it's neck. After that I wait it out a few minutes on the ridge to make sure no other bears are within the area and then embark on a sprint back to Manzanita Post.
100% Completion Club

Frodo is so F**ked :D

Offline Elliot1911

• That\'ll be the day
  • Liked: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 07:15:42 PM »
Freaking cougars man, hell yea they scare the shit outta me. Especially when I'm just walking around in tall trees hunting and one pounces me from behind and kills me. Damn them cougars lol
You see in this world there\'s two kinds of people my friend. Those who loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig

Offline Cyper

• Pr0 d0wner PaRTy L0wer
  • Liked: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 11:45:14 AM »
The cougar scares me. It also irretates me as much as bears, and other over-aggressive and ultra-spawning animals.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1376
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 09:05:11 PM »
When I first started playing the game in SP mode...I hated to go anywhere the cougars were. Nearly every time they made me jump! Now they are just annoying to me. 

I noticed that the cougars/bears are more agressive in SP than in Free Roam...or am I wrong?  In Free Roam, one time I transported up to Cochinay and rode all the way down to Manzita Post...I did not see one cougar or bear! Weird!

Offline CrvenaMrtva

• Liked: 9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 11:57:26 AM »
Cougars don't scare me, the noises they make annoy me and they in general annoy me when they decide to ninja me and come out of a bush that I could have sworn I checked and there was nothing there. Bears scare me since they make no noise except for a growl when they are really close to you.. I wear a Turtle Beach headset and I can hear bears pant most of the time but sometimes when I'm not paying attention and I hear this enormous bear growl I freak out lol.

Offline Beholla_220

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 200
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 04:47:41 PM »
Most of the time you'll hear this faint roar not to far away. I've gotten used to that, and now the second I hear it I spin around with my Lemat, and usually beat the cougar.

:p

Offline beaver guy

• Liked: 19
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2012, 04:30:18 PM »
im not scared of cougars.i can kill them with a knife.imagine if beavers attacked like cougars did. i would be shit scared. i would be like aaaaaaaaaggggh!!!! beaver get the explosive rifle out.

Offline beaver guy

• Liked: 19
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2012, 04:35:48 PM »
im not scared of cougars.i can kill them with a knife.imagine if beavers attacked like cougars did. i would be shit scared. i would be like aaaaaaaaaggggh!!!! beaver get the explosive rifle out.
you see a cute little beaver. THEN YOU SHOOT IT IN THE HEAD FOR MONEY.

Offline Katie0391

• Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 08:42:33 AM »
Cougars don't scare me much. I always feel safer if I'm on my horse though, because at least if they get the horse first, I have a chance to kill them.

I kind of like it when I get one after another attacking me, so I can skin them all and make lots of money

Offline Steveyy

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 255
  • We die alone, but we live among men.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 08:52:29 AM »
Nah, not cougars, bears, you see one, you run, and you hear it's heavy breath behind you while it's chasing you! Now that's scary!