Username: Password:

Author Topic: News of the day  (Read 31620 times)

Offline Byron

• Bloody Doc
  • Liked: 690
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: News of the day
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 04:07:29 AM »
A man pays off mortgage with 800 pounds of pennies.

Thomas Daigle delivered a pair of boxes to the steps of Milford Federal Savings and Loan Association this April that contained more than 62,000 pennies, which he had collected for the past 35 years.

http://www.milforddailynews.com/topstories/x1222860486/Pennies-add-up-for-Milford-man

Offline Byron

• Bloody Doc
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2012, 09:01:33 AM »
Ernest Borgnine dies at the age of 95.
He played in films like "Jubal," "Flight of the Phoenix," "The Dirty Dozen,""The Wild Bunch," "The Poseidon Adventure," "Johnny Guitar," and "Escape from New York."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/09/movies/ernest-borgnine-tough-but-tender-actor-is-dead-at-95.html

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5479
  • Adios, half soldier
  • Awards Best Contributor 2014
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2012, 10:05:31 AM »
And Airwolf :)

Offline travilanche

• Duelist
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 522
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted as the having the Best signature
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2012, 11:56:05 AM »
Awwww bummer.  Ernest Borgnine ruled!  He was hilarious in Strange Wilderness a few years ago.  Saw him on tv not too long ago and he looked pretty good for 95.  Kind of surprised to hear about this actually.  That is old as shit though.
Signature courtesy of DocRikowski

Offline Byron

• Bloody Doc
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2012, 08:14:19 AM »
Batman cinema shooting: masked gunman kills many people at screening in Denver.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/21/us/police-say-14-are-killed-in-shooting-at-colorado-mall.html?_r=1&hp

Offline CarntFace

• Rockstar
  • Liked: 215
  • "Let's Do It!"
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2012, 09:35:24 AM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/21/us/police-say-14-are-killed-in-shooting-at-colorado-mall.html?_r=1&hp

This world is fucked up beyond belief.

Offline Valjean

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2457
  • Writing names on my hollowtips
  • Awards Best admin Best Admin 2014 Most Like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2012, 11:16:32 AM »
Somehow this is news... but if this video doesn't make you laugh you're ass off there's something wrong with you...

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c3#/video/us/2012/07/20/cuties-n-fuzzies-girl-faces-off-with-lion.cuties-n-fuzzies

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
  • Liked: 237
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: News of the day
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2012, 02:59:42 PM »

So depressing. As a father of 2 I can't imagine the horror of seeing children executed for no reason, Im glad they caught him before he could flee. Apparently the chaos went on for about ten minutes while he shot anyone who headed for the exits, forcing everyone to stay in the tear gas filled theater. Police are still trying to get into his apartment which is apparently booby trapped. This guy was a med student at colorado U a month ago.

Offline rdeyd1 573

• Happiness is a warm gun
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 760
  • TRUMP 2016
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2012, 09:37:29 AM »
When the westboro babtist church said that they would protest the srevices of a local Columbia, MO. Hero killed in the war, The whole town turned out in red to support thier fallen son.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/komunews/7617522464/in/set-72157630683570238/
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence;it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."  -George Washington

There are two kinds of fascist: fascist and anti-fascist

Offline booshthelurker

• Muckraker
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 483
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2012, 02:05:04 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR0EHW6IpSw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR0EHW6IpSw</a>

Dirty Wild Sig by DocRikowski
I rep the D the way I do
I can't be you I won't be you
I got soul in me that's older than you
I got my mans with me we colder than you

Offline DocRikowski

• WILDOC
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 271
  • Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
  • Awards Awarded to the best posse leader Awarded to the user voted Most respected Awarded to the user voted as the Best graphic artist Awarded to the user voted as the Best posse leader
    • View Profile
    • D12/DWB FB Page
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2012, 06:23:54 AM »
The EU just won the Peace Nobel Prize, or better the Hypocrisy Nobel Prize.

Suddenly they forgot a bunch of wars they were involved in the past 60 years... Disgusting...

Offline Valjean

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2457
  • Writing names on my hollowtips
  • Awards Best admin Best Admin 2014 Most Like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2012, 07:43:42 AM »
Awarding it to organizations is dumb.  What, the world doesn't have any deserving individuals?  Sure, sure its largely just a politicized award now-a-days but really.  Significant portions of the world have been at war for the last 11 years.  You can't tell me there's not an individual who's done more to promote peace than whatever the EU's done, none of which I'm aware of.

Offline DocRikowski

• WILDOC
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Awards Awarded to the best posse leader Awarded to the user voted Most respected Awarded to the user voted as the Best graphic artist Awarded to the user voted as the Best posse leader
    • View Profile
    • D12/DWB FB Page
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2012, 07:51:16 AM »
Awarding it to organizations is dumb.  What, the world doesn't have any deserving individuals?  Sure, sure its largely just a politicized award now-a-days but really.  Significant portions of the world have been at war for the last 11 years.  You can't tell me there's not an individual who's done more to promote peace than whatever the EU's done, none of which I'm aware of.

I agree 100%.
The Nobel Peace Prize should go to the average citizen of the world that during his/her lifetime worked, payed taxes, committed no crimes and had to put up with all those filthy politicians that are now awarding themselves for doing fuck all.

Offline Ucah8er

• Won't let the sun go down on me
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 2555
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted to have made the Best musical contribution Best Signature 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2012, 12:15:57 PM »
Suddenly they forgot a bunch of wars they were involved in the past 60 years... Disgusting...

The European union only existed since 1993, your argument is flawed. They established a lot of good relations between eastern and western european countries, strengthened the democracy of many countries.
Scandinavian countries (who give the prizes away) have had a lot of criticism on the EU but still they recognize its efforts.

You can criticize the actions of many European countries (= pre European Union) throughout history but don't say that the actual EU has done "fuck all" because that's just being plain ignorant to the facts.

And since the EU got sucked in the economic crisis, a little encouragement and a bit of recognition for its good actions are more than welcome, it's just sad to read all of this.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 12:17:51 PM by Ucah8er »

Offline DocRikowski

• WILDOC
  • D WILD BUNCH
    • View Profile
    • D12/DWB FB Page
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2012, 09:06:53 PM »

The European union only existed since 1993, your argument is flawed. They established a lot of good relations between eastern and western european countries, strengthened the democracy of many countries.
Scandinavian countries (who give the prizes away) have had a lot of criticism on the EU but still they recognize its efforts.

You can criticize the actions of many European countries (= pre European Union) throughout history but don't say that the actual EU has done "fuck all" because that's just being plain ignorant to the facts.

And since the EU got sucked in the economic crisis, a little encouragement and a bit of recognition for its good actions are more than welcome, it's just sad to read all of this.

They considered the last 60 years for the prize cause the EU actually started in the 50's as EC.

As for the EU doing anything for peace, well sorry about that but the EU has done much more for war than for peace.
Of course being yourself, I suppose, someone that has never lived in some of the places that were bombed by European planes you certainly have a flawed point of view.
Basically the typical point of view of a spoiled citizen that lives in a bubble of mainstream media lies and enjoys a comfortable war-free life.
Don't worry and don't get me wrong. The majority is like that...
Ask the people of Belgrade if they enjoyed being bombed by the other "peaceful" fellow Europeans or take a walk in any of the cities around the world in which Europeans are in a way or another involved in bloody and disgraceful conflicts. After you've done that then maybe you'll get a clue about what reality is. Cause right now, sorry to tell you this, you ain't got one.

It's just sad to see that powerful lies stick to naive and uninformed minds.

There's only one fact here. It's hypocritical to give a prize for peace to an organization that is currently involved in a war.
Cause you know that NATO and EU are basically the same, right?

Anyway, it's not the first time they fuck up with this prize.
As Val said it's just a politicized price.
I'm sure Mr Nobel wouldn't approve though. ;)

Offline Ucah8er

• Red River Resistance
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted to have made the Best musical contribution Best Signature 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2012, 09:25:05 AM »
You're still looking besides the point. the EU is indeed wrapped up in several conflicts but out of all the world governments they have done the biggest efforts in bringing peace to several regions, even regions outside Europe. This is an undeniable fact!

Saying that NATO and the EU are basically the same is just preposterous and shows that it is you who is misinformed in the end.

Offline rdeyd1 573

• Happiness is a warm gun
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 760
  • TRUMP 2016
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2012, 09:44:30 AM »
Last 5 actions the US has taken has been defending the muslim how many times must we come to the worlds aid before we get some love?
If you like that then give it to Russia for all their good works. The EU is facing some tough times carring all that dead Weight lets see how they act in 5-10 yrs.
So giving it to the EU is like giving it to Obama, asinine.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f58rSQc1gtw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f58rSQc1gtw</a>

I don't know what he is saying.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence;it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."  -George Washington

There are two kinds of fascist: fascist and anti-fascist

Offline DocRikowski

• WILDOC
  • D WILD BUNCH
    • View Profile
    • D12/DWB FB Page
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2012, 03:03:39 PM »
You're still looking besides the point. the EU is indeed wrapped up in several conflicts but out of all the world governments they have done the biggest efforts in bringing peace to several regions, even regions outside Europe. This is an undeniable fact!

Saying that NATO and the EU are basically the same is just preposterous and shows that it is you who is misinformed in the end.

I see your point and I won't deny that the EU may have done some good at times (even though like in all things political "doing good = taking care of its own interests in the process") but in the end of the day to win a Nobel prize you should be all for peace and not just part time for peace and part time for war. It's a contradiction and it's hypocritical.
They should have given it to a deserving individual rather than to a political organization that is not completely innocent when it comes to war and peace.

Most of the EU countries are part of the NATO. The NATO it's their armed organization (that includes the US of course).
NATO is a cold war creature that shouldn't exist anymore. It's used by the EU when they don't want to get its hands dirty directly so they hide under the NATO flag.
But the decisions about NATO missions are made by the same governments that are in the EU.
NATO was created with a defensive purpose and yet it has been used recently in conflicts that has nothing to do with defense.
And it has been used to bomb a major European capital and its people: Belgrade.

Anyway, I respect your opinion. Sorry if I sounded harsh in some posts. Nothing personal of course.
I just dislike the hypocrisy attached to this prize decision.

Offline Byron

• Bloody Doc
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2012, 01:54:03 PM »
Watch Felix Baumgartner's Stratospheric Skydive Live
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrIxH6DToXQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrIxH6DToXQ</a>http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/15/us/felix-baumgartner-skydiving.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Offline Ucah8er

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2012, 02:23:11 PM »
Felix Baumgartner just completed it and broke a few world records including highest balloon flight. It was an epic stream.