Username: Password:

Author Topic: Gun Laws (Legal or Illegal?)  (Read 4727 times)

Offline NahmanJayden

• Liked: 10
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Gun Laws (Legal or Illegal?)
« on: November 16, 2012, 07:55:37 AM »
So, pretty self explanatory... Do you think Guns should be Legal or illegal?...

I think it's a tough one, so I'll just let you guys do the talking.

Offline Diablo1414

• 936 m/s = Silent Death
  • Liked: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Gun Laws (Legal or Illegal?)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 07:58:38 AM »
Legal.
but the issue of them should be restricted to stable individuals only.... and of course me
I feel a change. Back to a better day. Hair stands on the back of my neck. In wildness is the preservation of the world

Offline TWO iRiShHiPpY

• wo0t
  • TWO
  • Liked: 324
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 09:30:31 AM »
legal.  It's too dangerous when the only people with the guns are the ones telling you how to live (ie police, government).  When a government starts taking guns away, that's when you buy bullets.  When it happened in the late 20s and early 30s in Germany, nobody really protested or thought much of it.  We oughta learn our history lessons. 

Oh and just gotta say how freaking crazy it is that the Dept. of Homeland Security is buying up millions and millions of hollow points and crazy ass rifles.  Wtf right?
ZEPPELIN RULES

Offline NahmanJayden

• Liked: 10
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 09:36:07 AM »
Well, the main problem is that some random messed up motherfucker can just buy a gun and cause complete havoc.

Offline TWO iRiShHiPpY

• wo0t
  • TWO
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 12:25:59 AM »
That's why gun ownership should be mandatory lol.  Some guy decides to go crazy with his, he'll only get a couple at most before he gets lead in the head.
ZEPPELIN RULES

Offline Valjean

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2458
  • Writing names on my hollowtips
  • Awards Best admin Best Admin 2014 Most Like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 12:27:32 AM »
That's why gun ownership should be mandatory lol.  Some guy decides to go crazy with his, he'll only get a couple at most before he gets lead in the head.

Turns out that really works, one country does it:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaxOZ-fbe6M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaxOZ-fbe6M</a>

Offline travilanche

• Duelist
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 526
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted as the having the Best signature
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 12:44:02 AM »
If the people aren't armed they will get fucked by their governments.  And then their only chance of gaining their power back will be to seek weapons and aid from outside sources.

Besides, prohibiting guns doesn't stop people from getting them.  It's pretty hard to get a gun in Mexico, but there's people blasting automatic fire and setting off grenades in Mexico every day of the week.  Prohibiting guns only makes gun violence worse imo.  Then only the really bad and crazy people can get them and the good, decent, responsible folk can't protect themselves. 

Prohibition doesn't work.  Never has....never will.  As long as there is demand for a product that is not provided through the proper regulatory systems, there will be a violent black market there to provide the product that the people want.  This is a law of nature.  It's right up there with if you jump up you fall back down or if you drink you get drunk. 

The statistics are there people.  Just look them up and you'll see that it's true. 
Signature courtesy of DocRikowski

Offline TheDandyManCan

• The Good Brotherski
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 666
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 01:11:18 AM »
I think guns should be legal to carry in the home, on your property, and public places with consent, openly. However, I believe moderate regulation (which is to say, making sure people only get guns if they are trained in shooting them) would couple with this perfectly. My worry is kids turning eighteen and then splurging all their money on an AK or some shit.

Offline The Bear Hunter

• No I don\'t hunt bears I hunt bars!!!
  • Liked: 161
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 02:31:53 AM »
Well it depends on the type of guns. Guns like glocks and .45's should be legal but super soaker guns should be outlawed. Those damn things scare me.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me-Psalm 23:4

The rest of this space for rent-$5,000 obo

Offline Outlaw_Marksman

• Slasher
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 179
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2012, 02:49:21 AM »
I don't know the laws in the US or other countries but I know in Australia it's pretty strict and not just anyone can own a gun.

If guns are going to be legal for everyone to own then I think each and every person who intends to own a gun needs to do all the proper licensing and paperwork etc, as well as completely some kind of course. Anything to stop every single man and his dog being able to own a gun.

It should be standard guns aswell. Hunting Rifles and Sporting pistols etc. Not AK47's.

So basically if you're an idiot, you can't own a gun.

Offline TWO iRiShHiPpY

• wo0t
  • TWO
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2012, 04:43:37 AM »
That's a lot like it is in Canada.  Different classes of licences, every person who wants to own a gun has to have a PAL (Possession and Acquisition Licence).  The gun doesn't need to be registered, but the person has to apply for that PAL, which lasts 5 years.
ZEPPELIN RULES

Offline Valjean

• TWO
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2012, 09:15:35 AM »
Gun laws are very inconsistent in the US.  Hippy's example reminds me of the Firearm Owners ID Illinois has. 

The biggest firearms issue i see in America is the fact that if you have a concealed carry permit in one state its not valid in others.  The full faith and credit clause on the constitution says licenses from one state are valid in all other states.  Which is why you only need one drivers license.  Concealed carry laws need to be challenged and peoples constitutional rights restored.

Offline Casteyn

• Out of hibernation
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 4710
  • I deal in lead
  • Awards Most helpful member Most respected member Most Missed Member 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 09:21:42 AM »
Lol, just got my FOID card in the mail two days ago. Now I can go buy ammo for my new .44 :)

Offline Tyler

• Liked: 211
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2012, 09:44:37 AM »
It's recognized by the Constitution, it should be a federally-regulated issue. I really dislike having to go there, but seriously, there shouldn't be a state-to-state on being able to carry a concealed firearm for your own protection. It's something our founding fathers thought was important enough to include, that should say something about the weight it bears (GET IT) around here.

That said, I don't think it should be mandatory. I do think people should know how to responsibly own, maintain and use a firearm if they wish to own one but that's for their own personal safety and the safety of their friends and family.
Things, and stuff

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
  • Liked: 3931
  • Awards Hash Tag King 2014 Most likely to get bucked off his horse Most likely to flee to Mexico
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2012, 09:57:30 AM »
Dude, you give me a machete, and I will take down anyone with a gun.... oh wait:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I_Ds2ytz4o" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I_Ds2ytz4o</a>

Offline Valjean

• TWO
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2012, 12:32:10 PM »
This has been an... Unusual read for me really, this thread.  With forum members from so many different countries, some of which have complete gun prohibitions, I'm surprised everyones pro-gun.  I am, but I'm pro individual rights on the large majority of issues but there are logical, defensible cases that could be made either way on all these issues.  This one especially i figured we'd see more diverse opinions.

Offline stevethetree

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1801
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2012, 12:33:53 PM »
Maybe it's because we're all gamers. Gamers like guns. ;D

Offline Valjean

• TWO
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2012, 12:53:30 PM »
Ha maybe.  Gun controls hard to defend anyway because there's no principle to stand on but of course it exists in many places.  So whether or not there's a principled case for it societies have been convinced to implement it regardless.

Offline Legion

• Gator
  • TWO
  • Liked: 3075
  • Awards Funniest member Biggest spammer Awarded to the user voted as the Most likely to flee to Mexico
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2012, 01:03:34 PM »

Turns out that really works, one country does it:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaxOZ-fbe6M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaxOZ-fbe6M</a>

Damn, I wish my government would supply me some guns.

GUNS! GUNS FOR EVERYONE!

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
  • Liked: 3931
  • Awards Hash Tag King 2014 Most likely to get bucked off his horse Most likely to flee to Mexico
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2012, 05:08:07 PM »
This has been an... Unusual read for me really, this thread.  With forum members from so many different countries, some of which have complete gun prohibitions, I'm surprised everyones pro-gun.  I am, but I'm pro individual rights on the large majority of issues but there are logical, defensible cases that could be made either way on all these issues.  This one especially i figured we'd see more diverse opinions.

I don't like gun, fucking retarded if you ask me, but if you wanna stop someone, a gun is the thing you need.

My family and I don't own a gun, and we will never. I don't think it is necessary unless you need it to hunt, and these days almost no one "needs" a gun to hunt. (I mean in the way that you need to actually hunt animals for food)

It is just another way for fuck ups to happen, like little Johnny picking up a revolver that his dad owns and blowing his face off when he's playing with it...