Username: Password:

Author Topic: Connecticut School Shooting  (Read 29794 times)

Offline TWO Many Skillz

• Original Founder of TWO
  • TWO
  • Liked: 1956
  • Awards Best Posse Leader 2014 Best posse leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Connecticut School Shooting
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2012, 04:12:17 PM »
God I hate how every school shooting leads to a political shitfest. For once I would like the country to group together and recognize and mourn this incident as a tragic loss. Not a fkin talking point for political debates. Not everyone is a martyr.
couldnt help but realize how ridiculous they were yesterday just a couple hours after the incident. Seemed like they were more worried about the politics of gun control than reporting the actual news.

#TeamOasis

Offline TheRagingBull

• Up Your Arsenal
  • TWO
  • Liked: 628
  • Oh, Yeah
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2012, 05:00:00 PM »
I hate living in a country were guns are as easy to get as candy from a baby. A shooting happened at a LA Fitness about 10 minutes away from where I live a few years ago. Do any of you know what it's like to have a shooting that reached CNN News happen a few miles from where you live? It's pretty scary to realize that a place I go by all the time had a shooting that killed multiple people. I hate guns and the gun laws in the United States.
PSN-RagingBull_47
XBL-TWO BrazenBull

Offline TWO Many Skillz

• Original Founder of TWO
  • TWO
  • Liked: 1956
  • Awards Best Posse Leader 2014 Best posse leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2012, 05:35:50 PM »
Ya LuckyDuke, I had a shooting down the road from where I live, a guy shot up a Tire Pros killing multiple people and then he pulled the trigger on himself. But on the other side of it, my friend and his family were sleepin one night when a couple I burglars came in and tied the family up in the living room. My friend was able to hide before they realized he was home and went and grabbed his dad's handgun and pulled it on the guys as they were in his parents' room about to rape his sister. I agree that it's easy to get a gun but at the same time I don't think taking away guns will solve the problem.

#TeamOasis

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 780
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2012, 06:18:41 PM »
Good job for reading all the posts guys... nice argument we have going here.
Ferguson Started it. The rest followed! ;)

its not my fault......i'm innocent  ;D

Offline Nugget

• LORD - Legends of Red Dead
  • Liked: 572
  • I <3 Penis
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2012, 06:20:02 PM »
"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed
people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."

A good take on the shootings, makes sense.

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 780
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2012, 06:20:47 PM »
Yes the UK is very strict on gun laws..............not even our police carry guns.

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1547
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2012, 07:49:03 PM »
I don't think even the military should have guns.

Offline Legion

• Gator
  • TWO
  • Liked: 3074
  • Awards Funniest member Biggest spammer Awarded to the user voted as the Most likely to flee to Mexico
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2012, 08:22:30 PM »
NOEZ GUN ALLOWED IN DIS GALAXY EVA!

Offline The Bear Hunter

• No I don\'t hunt bears I hunt bars!!!
  • Liked: 161
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2012, 08:25:45 PM »
The media is a fucked up system that takes freedom of the press to disgusting places!!!
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me-Psalm 23:4

The rest of this space for rent-$5,000 obo

Offline The Bear Hunter

• No I don\'t hunt bears I hunt bars!!!
  • Liked: 161
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2012, 08:26:20 PM »
NOEZ GUN ALLOWED IN DIS GALAXY EVA!

Except Death Stars.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me-Psalm 23:4

The rest of this space for rent-$5,000 obo

Offline JamieGreat360

• Delivery boy
  • Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 473
  • Beepp, Teigen. Beepp
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2012, 08:42:10 PM »
TWO Many Skillz. That example is a good one. If anyone tried to hurt my sister. I'd want to shoot them. Well, i'd like to do worse than an easy exit. But I see the use of a gun here. But, one hand gun would do. Not 13 guns or something in one home. You ain't supplying the war effort.

Our Armed police carry guns. More police are using tasers though. Swap your gun for a taser or something.

Maybe the Army shouldn't have guns either. Who ever can shout the loudest. Is the better Army.

Sometimes the press plays a good role. In other cases anyway. Like missing children or something. For the bad stuff like this. Just report and move on. Otherwise you'll risk copy cat shootings, or besting it like Nugget said.

Thanks Kazzy mate!!!!

Offline TheRagingBull

• Up Your Arsenal
  • TWO
  • Liked: 628
  • Oh, Yeah
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2012, 09:04:54 PM »
TWO Many Skillz. That example is a good one. If anyone tried to hurt my sister. I'd want to shoot them. Well, i'd like to do worse than an easy exit. But I see the use of a gun here. But, one hand gun would do. Not 13 guns or something in one home. You ain't supplying the war effort.

Our Armed police carry guns. More police are using tasers though. Swap your gun for a taser or something.

Maybe the Army shouldn't have guns either. Who ever can shout the loudest. Is the better Army.

Sometimes the press plays a good role. In other cases anyway. Like missing children or something. For the bad stuff like this. Just report and move on. Otherwise you'll risk copy cat shootings, or besting it like Nugget said.
If every army had a Ghandi, where would the world be? Much better than we are now.
PSN-RagingBull_47
XBL-TWO BrazenBull

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Сука Блять
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2012, 10:54:07 PM »

The only thing having 13 guns over 1 gun does is it gives the lunatic a choice. I don't see any point regulating how many you can have.

You have to remember the press does whatever will get the most ratings, so in a way you can blame the public for watching it.

Offline Outlaw_Marksman

• Slasher
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 179
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2012, 01:01:34 AM »
See in Australia we have somewhat strict gun laws. You still hear about shootings on the news but if anything it's always Outlaw Biker Gangs shooting eachother.

I can understand people wanting guns to protect themselves but if the standard every day human being can own a gun, then so can EVERYONE else. The nutcases, the rapists, burglars, and just plain old idiots. The chances of the wrong person owning a gun is greatly reduced when it's difficult to legally obtain a gun. Sure a criminal can still get a gun but you can still make it harder for them to get one.

It's like drugs, yes loads of kids smoke weed but plenty more would be aswell if it wasn't illegal. Applies to all drugs. You can never completely wipe something out, there's always people who find a way, but you can reduce the likelihood of that happening.

Offline Nugget

• I <3 Penis
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2012, 01:04:20 AM »
Aright guys we get it, all of your countries are better than the US, but that's not what the thread is about, not every shooting is a gateway to a political debate about gun control.

Offline RedBull FM

• Let's go fucking Bonkers!
  • Standard Member
  • Liked: 460
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2012, 05:33:46 AM »
Yes the UK is very strict on gun laws..............not even our police carry guns.
I said about 3 times! Just Armed Responce Police. For Fuck sake
If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

Offline bamm_1

• Certified Psyclone
  • TWO
  • Liked: 1076
  • When I speak, women ovulate
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2012, 06:12:49 AM »

When I was 13 I saw a fool hopped up on pcp take on 6 cops at a gas station. They tazed him repeatedly and he just pulled them barbs out. After they put about 20 or 30 9mm rounds in him he finally hit the ground gaspin for air like a fish. they zip tied him and let him bleed out. All the tazers did was get one cop thrown thru his windsheild.

Now onto this dummy that killed them kids. I wonder what kind of medication this troubled man was on. I think we need to syop shoving pills down everyones throats and let the mind behave like it's supposed to. I guarantee you he's been medicated heavy for a while. And if he didn't have a gun, he would of stabbed all them poor kids like that fool did in China. What we have here is some sick heads and you don't see politicians trying to curb childhood medication due to their pockets getting fed off of big pharma. We are now witnessing the result of all the legal dope that has been pushed down our childrens throats. We will see more of this crap more often. It's what happens when you create a society of anti-depressent and psychotropic drugs. We're cooking our kid's brains before they're developed. We reap what we sow.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 06:29:06 AM by bamm_1 »
I think I'm going crazy

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Сука Блять
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2012, 10:13:22 AM »
If we let the mind go on it's own I would bet large sums of money even more of this type of thing would happen. He probably got off his medication I would also bet.
Approximately 15% of people have at least one diagnosed personality disorder, many take medication for it so they can live normal lives. It is the patients choice if he wants to take medication anyway, so if you don't like it don't take it.

I am not saying medication can't cause harm, because it certainly can.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 10:16:47 AM by RedLlama5 »

Offline Valjean

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2456
  • Writing names on my hollowtips
  • Awards Best admin Best Admin 2014 Most Like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2012, 12:28:59 PM »
Is it a coincidence the USA has by the greatest rate of homicide in the developed world, more than six times as many murders by gun as Australia, and the most liberal gun laws in the developed world?

It obviously is not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

8,000 miles away in China, on the same day... a crazy man came into a Chinese elementary school and sliced over 20 children with a knife.  Awful quick to think guns cause these crimes and not criminals are we?  So if there were no guns and only knives then I suppose we wouldn't see crimes like this.... oh wait.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/15/world/asia/china-us-school-attack/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

The fact is, this guy would have gotten a gun whether it was legal or not. Making guns less obtainable would not stop the crazy people, but it might stop people who want a gun to protect them and there family. If someone wants a gun to protect them, why deny them that? Some people just snap and go insane, but really no one can predict that, so it's not like they're giving out guns to psychopaths.

There's no principle in a case for gun control.  The only principles at stake if you think gun's should be outlawed are that you believe demand for guns is too low and the price of guns is too low.  Making them illegal will only make them more valuable and in higher demand, not less available.  What do you think will happen to the millions of guns in America?  That they'd evaporate into dust? 

Conversely, if every school principle carried a gun... or say even one person in that theater in Colorado had a concealed carry permit... these tragedies could have been greatly reduced.  An armed society is a polite society.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 12:34:23 PM by Valjean »

Offline Nugget

• I <3 Penis
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2012, 12:31:32 PM »
No one was killed in China, 28 were killed here, that's the difference.