Username: Password:

Author Topic: Easter eggs  (Read 91649 times)

Offline ELiiTE666

• HUGE MORTAL KOMBAT PLAYER.
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Easter eggs
« on: May 23, 2010, 08:09:54 AM »
ALL EASTER EGGS MUST BE REPORTED HERE: UPDATE ''FEB 2011''

Confirmed:
.Strange writing in tumbleweed. '' The devil has got into that beast'' People say it is referring to the Dark horse that you get at low honor.
.Cave at nekoti rock with bones in it. A bear lives in the cave that you have to kill in a mission so maybe that explains why there is bones and such.
.The shooting range at macfarlene ranch is similar to red dead revolvers shooting range. Reference to Red dead revolver.
.A nun will eventually reward you with a relic ''del santo andres rosary''. people say its a reference to GTA San Andreas by how it sounds.
.De Santa the mexican leader is a reference to scarface.
.A very big bat swarm flys out tumbleweed mansion at 6pm. This is just part of the spooky atmosphere in tumbleweed.
.Mysterious screams can be heard at tall trees at night. This has been heard by many people.
.Two lesbos can be seen at chuparosa doing this and that and saying that and this.
.The blackwater inn is called allthewaye INN. all the way inn.
.If you shoot a piano it plays a tune although it is hard to make out what it is playing.
.The plainview oil town is a refernence to '' Their will be blood''. the towers clearly point this out.
.Lobo Del Rio sounds just like gta iv's Lola Del Rio. A GTA IV reference.
.Strange patterns and drawings can be seen at repentance rock on a deer pelt. This egg looks like its trying to tell you to go to a certain location but its still a mystery.
.If you go onto idle mode your camera goes into a nice view of the area you are in.
.Woodpeckers and LOONS can be heard at tall trees but cannot be shot or be seen. For the atmosphere.
.A man can sometimes be seen dressed up as indiana jones at rathskeller fork at daytime. Indiana jones reference.
.Glowing orbs appear every night at a tree with cow skulls on it at Rio Del Lobo.
.In the blackwater graveyard. one of the gravestones reads a man who died in the year 1968. but the game is set way before then.
.wreck of the serendipity is haunted every thursday night Horses appear more frequently in the area on a thursday night.
.At repentance rock there is a deer skin with native symbols on it. No one knows if it leads you anywhere. But this relates to mescalero say some people.
.Mescalero has a medicine wheel symbol made from stones. obviously the native americans did this. Also it points out to the rising sun.
.Pikes basin is based off a real gang hideout that was actually used in 1910.
.Shooting stars have been seen by many people On a moonlit starry night in twin rocks and possibly anywhere else on the map.
.Wolves will play with snakes. They have been reported dragging the snake throwing it up in the air and eating it.
.Once you have completed the game go to beechers hope ranch. and thumps and footsteps can be heard. it may be the ghost of john marston.

Random encounters:
.Occasionally A dog or NPC will take a piss behind a rock,on a tree,in a outhouse.
.Sometimes one may see a native or a mexican looting a dead body. They bite the ring off the corpses finger and steal out the pockets too.
.Sometimes in the wild you may see a NPC drinking poison or crying with a gun in their hand. They are suiciders and cannot be saved.
.Sometimes in a town a dog will be playing fetch with his/her master.
.Usually at most towns a gang of five will be seen shooting in the air whilst the middle guy will have a lasso in his hand dragging a helpless NPC. You can save him.
.Sometimes in the wild their is a small TNT camp. Two men are stacking up TNT then once they have finished stacking up one will go for a smoke and then BANG.
.Some people hunt animals when your around you can shoot the animal that they are hunting and they will bribe you for saving their time.
.Sometimes npc's are being chased by LAWMEN in the wild its up to you who you shoot. you will get rewarded either way.
.Sometimes a horseman gest bucked off their horse for no reason whilst passing.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 08:40:12 AM by ELiiTE666 »

Offline RedDeadFan

• Outlaw
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RE: Easter eggs
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 08:34:15 AM »
Quote from: 'ELiiTE666' pid='41804' dateline='1274616594'

Have you found any easter eggs?. If so post what you have found here.
heres the ones i have found so far.

.Strange writing in tumbleweed. '' The devil has got into that beast''
.Pissing dog

If you have found any that i havent found. ill add it to the list.

http://www.reddead.net/forums/thread-tombstones

Not exactly easter eggs, but worth a read, some gems there.
-In this world there\'s two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Offline ELiiTE666

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 09:44:51 AM »
oh cool thanks ;)

Offline Old_Man_Baker

• Crystal Meth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 10:05:28 AM »
Not sure if this really counts as an Easter Egg, but I found an odd cave in Plata Grande that had a sign saying:
"Thank you root of all Evil" (paraphrasing, as dope has ruined my memory).  I assume it was left by 49er's searching the cave for gold.

Also, Tumbleweed may actually be haunted as the rumors suggest.  I was in the basement of the spooky mansion and heard some voices, however there was nobody to be found in the area :O
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 11:21:48 AM by Old_Man_Baker »
[align=center]\"You can come test, realize you\'re no contest Son, I\'m the Gun that won that Old Wild West\"
[/align]

Offline rich123321

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 11:32:25 AM »
There is a cave up north that has bones in it. Possible bigfoot home perhaps?

Offline RedDeadFan

• Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 11:40:13 AM »
Quote from: 'Old_Man_Baker' pid='41897' dateline='1274623528'
Not sure if this really counts as an Easter Egg, but I found an odd cave in Plata Grande that had a sign saying:
"Thank you root of all Evil" (paraphrasing, as dope has ruined my memory).  I assume it was left by 49er's searching the cave for gold.

Also, Tumbleweed may actually be haunted as the rumors suggest.  I was in the basement of the spooky mansion and heard some voices, however there was nobody to be found in the area :O

That writing is a cheat code, engravings like that can be found all over the map.
You can find all the cheat codes on the net though so no need to search like crazy :P
Strangely enough the one at the preachers stand in the church at tumbleweed is the only not working as a cheat. I suspect it might have been one to begin with but rockstar scrapped it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 11:40:38 AM by RedDeadFan »
-In this world there\'s two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Offline Grubster11

• RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 11:40:40 AM »
There is a shooting range near the McFarlane ranch that looks exactly like the tutorial in Red Dead Revolver.
[align=center]
Sig made by TheBaxterEffect [/align]

Offline ELiiTE666

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 12:50:11 PM »
Im sure there is a ghost at tumbleweed. it said in the paper that its haunted. also im sure i heard someone talking about UFO,s flying past theives landing at night. ill have to investigate ;) to see if its real or not.

Offline Mute-5

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 12:56:06 PM »
How is a pissing dog an Easter Egg haha

Offline ELiiTE666

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 03:09:06 PM »
LoL i thought it was.

Offline Daemaro

• beLIEve
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 04:43:29 PM »
Can't believe it's not mentioned yet.

The Obscuridad del Santo Andres Rosary. The description says "From a far-off land." It's talking about San Andreas. :grin:
[align=center][/align][align=center]God of the Ivory Sands, sitting atop a throne of bone, my judgment divine and absolute.[/align]

Offline Dunastan

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 05:39:04 PM »
Quote from: 'rich123321' pid='42051' dateline='1274628745'

Is this the one where you have to go up a windy trail to get to, if so...
Show content for Hiden:
That is where the very last treasure is
[align=center][/align]

Offline Duxfever

• Kitten's Nightmare
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 09:05:57 PM »
Strange writing in tumbleweed. '' The devil has got into that beast''

Someone should beat me to check to see if that's a code phrase.

Offline RedDeadFan

• Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2010, 09:34:11 PM »
Quote from: 'Duxfever' pid='43053' dateline='1274663157'

Strange writing in tumbleweed. '' The devil has got into that beast''

Someone should beat me to check to see if that's a code phrase.

Done along time ago.

Offline MC.

• Founder Of RRR
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 46
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2010, 09:40:10 PM »
How about the tombstones at Coot's Chapel? It shows the members of the
Show content for Hiden:
McFarlane
family and Marshal Johnson's
Show content for Hiden:
wife,
and the Cowboy With No Name (Movie reference to The Man With No Name).

Also, those campfires where people are telling you stories, some of them talk about Red Harlow.

Offline greystoker

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 01:21:00 AM »
Quote from: 'Dunastan' pid='42708' dateline='1274650744'
Quote from: 'rich123321' pid='42051' dateline='1274628745'

Is this the one where you have to go up a windy trail to get to, if so...
Show content for Hiden:
That is where the very last treasure is
or its the cave with the super bear (cant remember the name, or they might be the same place)
[align=center]PSN ID List
YoolTube videos
[/align]

Offline Crewman In Red

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 12:04:07 PM »
Quote from: 'Old_Man_Baker' pid='41897' dateline='1274623528'

I was walking around the mansion's basement one night and heard footsteps upstairs (I was standing still to listen), real casual gait.  I went up to see who it was and there was no one.

Creepy!
If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around.

Offline Scottendo

• Dr. Scott Captcha
    • View Profile
    • http://iquitelikedaftpunk.tumblr.com/
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 12:08:40 PM »
Quote from: 'MC.' pid='43102' dateline='1274665210'

Also, those campfires where people are telling you stories, some of them talk about Red Harlow.

What do they say?

Offline MC.

• Founder Of RRR
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 46
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 09:08:05 PM »
Quote from: 'Scottendo' pid='44106' dateline='1274717320'

Quote from: 'MC.' pid='43102' dateline='1274665210'

What do they say?

Eh, well. I don't remember the exact words so hopefully I'll record it next time. I do remember something along the lines where Red Harlow teamed up with Jack Swift to take down someone in this mansion or something.

Every campfire that I see, I try to get my video camera ready but the story turns out to be the first mission for John Marston, sometimes.

Offline Naima

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 05:25:05 AM »
I do not know if this is classificable as a easter egg but , while I was slow traveling a long a road I see a guy on horse suddenly stop by the streed , unmount from horse and run toward the nearest rock , and I followed to see what happened ... well he started to pee on the rock and after he finished he moved the arms to somehow say hey it was urgent lol , I started laughing for half an hour .....