Username: Password:

Author Topic: Easter eggs  (Read 92079 times)

Offline ELiiTE666

• HUGE MORTAL KOMBAT PLAYER.
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RE: Easter eggs
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2010, 05:03:30 PM »
SUCH AS.

cuz i dont lie. well not all the time. but i aint lying.

Offline kkiiidd

• Liked: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2010, 09:21:18 PM »
i don't know why people keep going on and on about bigfoot. the bones in the cave belong to gordo the bear_ you find and kill him outside the cave at nekoti.

Offline pokemonbreeder18

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2010, 10:54:09 PM »
Saw another cool easter egg/random event. A guy was standing next to a dead woman. He leaned down (like to loot her body) and picked up her hand and bit her finger off (to get a ring) and then took her necklace by pulling it off of her neck, then rode away.

I really need to keep my video camera rolling, I've seen more random events in the past 2 days than I have in the entire time I've been playing the game.

Offline Sonsabitch

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2010, 03:09:40 PM »
minor reference to forrest gump

while playing poker in armadillo one of the walton gangsters says "You never can tell what youre gunna get"
Oh yessir!

theres always someone hanging around hangingrock.

Offline vault101exile

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2010, 02:29:55 PM »
Quote from: 'ELiiTE666' pid='42185' dateline='1274633411'
Im sure there is a ghost at tumbleweed. it said in the paper that its haunted. also im sure i heard someone talking about UFO,s flying past theives landing at night. ill have to investigate ;) to see if its real or not.

....swamp gas. >.>

more random events (not really easter eggs): guy riding a horse suddenly stops and jumps off then runs over to a rock - yellow stream. (if you run up to him while he's ...going he'll cuss at you and run off [i think he thought i was stealing his horse or robbing him], buddy said that he approached the guy as he was getting back on his horse and the gent acted real awkward "uh.... hello. (looks around)")

policeman in blackwater bought a train ticket (or got change) as i was waiting for the new bounty poster

a spooked skunk will raise its tail

*SPOLER ALERT* the cave at nekoti is a bear cave, (i think i heard people in manzanita post talking about a bear terrorizing tall trees region too)

chance "Wilhelm" deaths (*bonus get!*)

saw a man crying over a dead woman in the middle of the woods (i got attacked by cougars and wolves right after seeing it so i thought it was just the result of when animals attack NPCs)

friendly guy at camp that invites you in then shoots at you (i wonder if this has anything to do with the decision at the end of American App's stranger quest)

i wish there was more to Riley's Charge, a gang that shoots cannons or an XBox360 Solomon's Folly or a bounty location or something
Quote from: 'pokemonbreeder18' pid='56336' dateline='1275188049'
Saw another cool easter egg/random event. A guy was standing next to a dead woman. He leaned down (like to loot her body) and picked up her hand and bit her finger off (to get a ring) and then took her necklace by pulling it off of her neck, then rode away.

I really need to keep my video camera rolling, I've seen more random events in the past 2 days than I have in the entire time I've been playing the game.

i always thought those were muggings, sometimes i see people looting a body then getting on a horse and riding off (i always thought that they stole the horse too) shooting them in the act of looting doesn't make you lose honor so i figured you're putting down a bandit
Quote from: 'Crewman In Red' pid='44094' dateline='1274717047'
I was walking around the mansion's basement one night and heard footsteps upstairs (I was standing still to listen), real casual gait.  I went up to see who it was and there was no one.

Creepy!

i was in the basement and john greeted someone that wasn't there, then later on the main floor a man said something to me (something like "nice weather for ducks i suppose"), no one there though
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 03:00:32 PM by vault101exile »

Offline Thorz Hammerz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2010, 03:02:55 PM »
I saw a posh looking white guy and poor looking black guy fighting in the great planes, the had a fist fight for a while until the black guy knocked the white guy out cold and then walked away saying something I couldn't make out.

Offline LoCo MoFo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2010, 05:26:23 AM »
Quote from: 'CrazedMongoose' pid='54495' dateline='1275094827'

This is probably more of a random encounter than an easter egg, but I thought it was worth a mention. I was riding around just outside Escalera collecting prickly pears for a challenge and I could hear someone (well, I saw the subtitles pop up first which is what got me looking) shouting in Mexican in the background. I ran to the road to see what it was all about, and I saw some guy trying to drag his donkey along the road. He'd pull it maybe two feet, then it would stop and tug him straight back again, just refusing to move. Then he'd start shouting at it. I really wish I could have understood what was being said, because it was pretty funny to watch even though nothing the guy was saying made sense to me.

well ive seen this guy too   if you really want to know what he says... i can go into the game and find out because i speak spanish. all i remember is him saying "Walk you worthless donkey!" if i see him again ill message you and tell you what he says
Quote from: 'ELiiTE666' pid='55513' dateline='1275152861'

what mansion?

The mansion in Tumbleweed or whatever... they say its haunted
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 05:28:41 AM by LoCo MoFo »

Offline Brisco County Jr.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2010, 06:04:40 AM »
While assaulting one of the hideouts in México I heard someone saying "Nadie me ha sacado sagre jamás y nadie lo hará", which is spanish for "Nobody's ever drawn blood from me and nobody ever will"; one of the insults of the insult swordfighting in Monkey Island. (It's in fact the exact verbatim translation used in the spanish version of the game)

Offline ELiiTE666

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2010, 07:53:29 AM »
I heard random screaming coming from the woods in tall trees. Whats even worse is my horse jumped and made moaning noises. And usually its just a guy being chased by a bear or wolfs or coyotes or bobcats but no not what i heard. The scream had a echo to it and it was way in the distance. try it for yourselves. ill see if i can hear it again.

Offline ethios4

• Liked: 5
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2010, 03:01:36 PM »
Not really an easter egg, but made me laugh.  On the backside of one of the buildings in Armadillo is an advertisement for Taint brand powder....for your taint!  Hahaha, something like that, I'd be more specific but I don't have the game in front of me at work.  Typical R* brand humor...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 03:01:50 PM by ethios4 »
GT:sticky pads
music I make:
Proprietors of the Earth
ethios4

Offline ELiiTE666

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2010, 03:14:35 PM »
Their is 2 graves that can be opened up. JOSEPHINE BYRD at coots chapel is one of them. Also to do this throw a molotov at the graveyard.

Offline Lysergio

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2010, 04:45:32 PM »
Quote from: 'ethios4' pid='61290' dateline='1275418896'

Not really an easter egg, but made me laugh.  On the backside of one of the buildings in Armadillo is an advertisement for Taint brand powder....for your taint!  Hahaha, something like that, I'd be more specific but I don't have the game in front of me at work.  Typical R* brand humor...

Nice, hahah. Another funny ad (not an egg either) is in one of the newspapers. Picture of two women with the wording "A tale of forbidden love!"
The name of it is Two Sets of Curtains. :whip:

Also, kind of an egg. I don't remember the exact location,(will try and find again tonight) but there's a little shack down by a river that has a white woman and a black guy; Living in sin!
Both times I went, the same two characters were there. The dude even said "I called him cracker right to his face!"

Offline Ollieboy

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2010, 09:35:11 AM »
Alright, I'll try and set some things straight.

A lot wonder about the "The Devil got Into That Beast" or whatever it is. It is just an easter egg reference to a diseased horse that is sometimes hitched near it.
The bigfoot has been confirmed to not exist. Bears sometimes stand on their hind legs, this was probably it. There is no easter egg about the final 4 targets of the master hunter challenges. They are literally just the master hunter challenges, nothing more. On the Red Dead Wiki look at the "Random Encounters" page. A LOT of what people are suggesting as Easter Eggs are simply these random encounters.
The phrases encounted are also cheat codes, except for the above one explained.

A few actual Easter Eggs are definately the screaming in the woods and the haunted Tumbleweed Mansion. Also I have heard rumours of a sea monster type thing in the water near Blackwater (possibly a water glitch of some sort) and I have seen, on that large rock in Mexico with the hole in it...Ode something...a large bird which was kind of pheonix looking. A lot of known glitches are also being posted around the place. They are not easter eggs.

So yeah...cool. Hope that helps guys.

Offline splinterprospekt

• Red Dead Paranormal Investigator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2010, 01:28:37 PM »
Quote from: 'Ollieboy' pid='62741' dateline='1275485711'

Alright, I'll try and set some things straight.

A lot wonder about the "The Devil got Into That Beast" or whatever it is. It is just an easter egg reference to a diseased horse that is sometimes hitched near it.
The bigfoot has been confirmed to not exist. Bears sometimes stand on their hind legs, this was probably it. There is no easter egg about the final 4 targets of the master hunter challenges. They are literally just the master hunter challenges, nothing more. On the Red Dead Wiki look at the "Random Encounters" page. A LOT of what people are suggesting as Easter Eggs are simply these random encounters.
The phrases encounted are also cheat codes, except for the above one explained.

A few actual Easter Eggs are definately the screaming in the woods and the haunted Tumbleweed Mansion. Also I have heard rumours of a sea monster type thing in the water near Blackwater (possibly a water glitch of some sort) and I have seen, on that large rock in Mexico with the hole in it...Ode something...a large bird which was kind of pheonix looking. A lot of known glitches are also being posted around the place. They are not easter eggs.

So yeah...cool. Hope that helps guys.

Could someone please explain this whole pheonix bird in the sky thing, I've heard it from a couple people and it sounds like something someone should get a video of.
Red Dead Redemption Paranormal Investigator

Offline isabiggles

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2010, 01:31:45 PM »
Quote from: 'Lysergio' pid='61530' dateline='1275425132'

The dude even said "I called him cracker right to his face!"

I think a lot of black characters say that. I definetly heard it outside the saloon in Armadillo once.
:whip:

Offline Grauers

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2010, 09:35:51 PM »
Quote from: 'Old_Man_Baker' pid='41897' dateline='1274623528'

Not sure if this really counts as an Easter Egg, but I found an odd cave in Plata Grande that had a sign saying:
"Thank you root of all Evil" (paraphrasing, as dope has ruined my memory).  I assume it was left by 49er's searching the cave for gold.

Also, Tumbleweed may actually be haunted as the rumors suggest.  I was in the basement of the spooky mansion and heard some voices, however there was nobody to be found in the area :O

I have seen the thanks evil wrighting too, i've also seen a wrighting on the inside of a barn in the cieling it said "bless you my beloved son" or something like that..

Are these clues that might lead to something???

Every one please post all wrightings you find.
Sugar Wolf: [after autographing an Indian\'s tomahawk] Don\'t eBay that.
PSN: User404

Offline RydeCrash

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2010, 11:29:19 PM »
Things I have confirmed.

1) Seeing a woman in the top floor of the mansion at night in Tumble Weed-- Was a optical reflection not a ghost.

2) Woman Drinking her self to death in the desert--Confirmed also seen the same situation but the woman shoots herself with a pistol.

3) While up in the snow covered areas of Tall Trees hearing what sounds like a Bear but there is no bear nearby--Confirmed and keeps you aggravated because the first time you ignore it--It will be a bear.

4) Lights going on and off at night in Tumbleweed--Confirmed--Saloon--Church.

5) Footsteps in the Mansion while in the basement at night--House Creaking and Popping.

I'll post more as I encounter them.

Ryde...

Offline Gray

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2010, 12:30:08 AM »
Quote from: 'Grauers' pid='64124' dateline='1275528951'

Quote from: 'Old_Man_Baker' pid='41897' dateline='1274623528'

Not sure if this really counts as an Easter Egg, but I found an odd cave in Plata Grande that had a sign saying:
"Thank you root of all Evil" (paraphrasing, as dope has ruined my memory).  I assume it was left by 49er's searching the cave for gold.

Also, Tumbleweed may actually be haunted as the rumors suggest.  I was in the basement of the spooky mansion and heard some voices, however there was nobody to be found in the area :O

I have seen the thanks evil wrighting too, i've also seen a wrighting on the inside of a barn in the cieling it said "bless you my beloved son" or something like that..

Are these clues that might lead to something???

Every one please post all wrightings you find.

They are cheats bro

http://www.reddead.net/forums/thread-official-confirmed-cheat-codes-list-thread

Offline IKilledKennedy

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2010, 11:22:00 AM »
Once I saw a guy over a woman crying & then he took out his gun & just shot himself. I was like O____O
[align=center]

Follow my blog on Tumblr![/align]

Offline dangerousret

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2010, 11:40:46 AM »
yea one other one you didnt mention is when your you and your son are talking on the ranch and you ask him about his stories he tells you about a legend in the west that had his father killed and is going around killing everyone. sound familiar?