Username: Password:

Author Topic: Red Dead 3 - News and Info Thread  (Read 4864 times)

Offline Ucah8er

• Won't let the sun go down on me
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 2555
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted to have made the Best musical contribution Best Signature 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Red Dead 3 - News and Info Thread
« on: February 03, 2013, 06:36:58 AM »
Just making this to compile possible news. It's sometimes hard to find.
There will be a clear separation between official R* word and other sources and supposed "leaks"

Official R*

Semi-confirmation of a new red dead somewhere in the future

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/36881/asked-answered-max-payne-3-and-grand-theft-auto-v.html

Other sources

An article about the previously linked rockstar article, nothing to see here
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1481240/red_dead_redemption_2_rockstar_confirms_sequel.html

Supposed leaks
NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUS FOR NOW

The title of RD3 is supposedly going to be red dead rebellion
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1313448/gta_5_red_dead_redemption_2_new_claims_made_by_alleged_rockstar_insider.html

A person with ties to R* said a new red dead is in development (rumor). thanks to outlawfisherman for spotting this one.
http://gearnuke.com/red-dead-redemption-sequel-development-ps4xbo-focus-co-op-report/

That's all there is for now. I will follow up the R* news and other sources and update this thread when necessary.

EDIT: last update 02/02/15
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 09:44:21 AM by Ucah8er »

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 795
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Red Dead 3 - News and Info Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 09:07:54 AM »
We can't even get any write up info on GTA5 let alone another RDR story.

Offline Mandalore

• Saloon Patron
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 44
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 07:27:28 AM »
I'm looking forward to another Red Dead game more than GTA V to be perfectly honest. Rockstar really outdone themselves with RDR and I'd love to see how they can improve on it.

There is absolutely no official info on a planned 3rd Red Dead but maybe we can get some discussion going on it anyway.  (seedy)

Offline Newaustin98

• The Reaper of Souls
  • Liked: 22
  • The Reaper
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 10:40:36 AM »
Who knows disscusion could make R* think about making another more.

Redwater Skooma Addict

Offline Casteyn

• Administrator
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 4679
  • I deal in lead
  • Awards Most helpful member Most respected member Most Missed Member 2014
    • View Profile
    • http://www.clmphotography.net
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 11:02:37 AM »
Rockstar would just be foolish not to make another Red Dead! Instant money maker for them. I believe they are working on it right now. I thought we might get a hint about it at E3 this year, but now that GTA has been pushed to September...

I'm sure they want all focus to be on GTA right now, but once it releases, I think we're gonna star hearing more about Red Dead Next :)

Offline Ferguson99

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 04:33:44 AM »
even when GTA5 is released......surely rockstar games ain't gonna be working on RDR3 (wooh wait a min RDR3 what about 2)

GTA5 is going to keep us going for months & months if not a couple of years, theres obviously going to be add on packs (DLC) for it......like tonnes over the next coming months after the release like tonnes of DLC's.

Offline Casteyn

• Administrator
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 4679
  • I deal in lead
  • Awards Most helpful member Most respected member Most Missed Member 2014
    • View Profile
    • http://www.clmphotography.net
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 09:25:37 AM »
Ferguson, I'd bet you a dollar to a donut they are already deep into making this game. It takes years to develop a game. GTAV will come out in September, a spring release for RDR3 would be perfect IMO. That would give R* six months space for DLCs, etc. Hell, LA Noire came out when I was still fully ensconced in RDR.

Offline JustWarmingUp

• Proto Hipster
  • Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 847
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 12:24:29 PM »
Ferguson, I'd bet you a dollar to a donut they are already deep into making this game.

For sure  :) At the very least, storylines & general concepts, will be in planning + R* San Diego (the studio mainly responsible for RDR) were advertising positions for next gen software engineers to "build the next generation of open world games". Not to mention that a company as high up in the food chain as Rockstar will have had access to alpha & beta devkits for Durango & Orbis for some time now, so I would imagine they are quite a way into coding for the new devices.

My theory is that R* will release a title or two for nextBox & PS4 before RD3 though, something along the lines of Agent & Bully 2. This is because they are likely to want to get to grips with the capabilities of the new consoles and iron out issues with the implementations of RAGE & Euphoria etc on the new platforms before releasing a title as important as Red Dead 3 - kinda how I envisage them taking what they've built with Max Payne 3 and learning what works and what wasn't as successful as it could have been and then implementing this into GTAV.
 :)
paddywagon paddywagon paddywagon paddywagon paddywagon

Offline Duck

• Liked: 1905
  • The Solo Artist
  • Awards Rookie of the year
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 01:47:17 PM »
even when GTA5 is released......surely rockstar games ain't gonna be working on RDR3 (wooh wait a min RDR3 what about 2)

Red Dead Revolver = 1
Red Dead Redemption = 2
Red Dead ? = 3

Offline JustWarmingUp

• Proto Hipster
  • Rockstar Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Offline Ferguson99

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 01:35:14 PM »
Its been a fun 3 years on red dead.......but we all know no ones going to be bothered about it when Grand Theft Auto 5 is out.

because by the looks of things what we seen and heard of GTA5 its going to be so much bigger we are going to be on it for double the amount of years compared to RDR.

Offline JustWarmingUp

• Proto Hipster
  • Rockstar Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2013, 10:36:31 AM »
Red Dead Redemption 2 Hinted by Take-Two’s CEO

Quote from: Take Two
A sequel to the renowned open-world Red Dead Redemption may happen in the months to come.

Speaking during Take-Two’s Q1 FY14 earnings results last night, CEO Strauss Zelnick said that as a publisher their goal is “to try to create permanent franchises”.

“Our competitors do not see it that way. Our competitors’ view is that our franchise will have a certain life, and at the end of that life, you move onto the next thing, so you better make hay while the sun shines. Our view is to the contrary. The best franchises are permanent franchises.

“Outside of our business you can look at James Bond, for example. And it’s been our goal not just to preserve and grow the Grand Theft Auto franchise, but also to build other franchises that we think can be permanent, whether that’s the Red Dead franchise or the Borderlands franchise or the BioShock franchise or others, Civilization, for example.”

Zelnick then went on to reference BioShock, Borderlands and Red Dead Redemption as “permanent franchises”.

Red Dead Redemption sold 13 million copies within the first two years of release. BioShock Infinite and Borderlands 2 on the other hand have sold 4 million and 7 million units respectively.

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
  • Liked: 3924
  • Awards Hash Tag King 2014 Most likely to flee to Mexico Biggest Perv 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 01:55:55 AM »

Offline bamm_1

• Certified Psyclone
  • TWO
  • Liked: 1076
  • When I speak, women ovulate
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2013, 04:26:24 AM »
I believe him but his eyebrows tell me he's lieing
I think I'm going crazy

Offline Ucah8er

• Won't let the sun go down on me
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 2555
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted to have made the Best musical contribution Best Signature 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2015, 09:45:55 AM »
bump, updated the OP and cleaned it up.