Username: Password:

Author Topic: Do you think this is right?  (Read 3801 times)

Offline Valjean

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2456
  • Writing names on my hollowtips
  • Awards Best admin Best Admin 2014 Most Like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Do you think this is right?
« on: March 01, 2013, 08:14:59 AM »
I thought we'd make a thread that's in between a forum game and politics thread.   THIS IS MEANT TO BE SOMEWHAT LIGHT HEARTED.

The idea:  pick something you see in the news.  Others reply with if they think it was right or wrong and a little why if they want.  You can't reply to whether you think own topic was right or wrong, just others.

Hers a go: Chinese parade murders on their way to the execution as an example.
http://m.aljazeera.com/story/20133194130723384

China parades prisoners ahead of execution execution Last updated: 37 minutes ago

State TV shows foreigners being taken to State TV shows foreigners being taken to execution for killing of 13 Chinese sailors on execution for killing of 13 Chinese sailors on Mekong River in 2011. Mekong River in 2011.

Chinese television has broadcast live footage Chinese television has broadcast live footage showing four foreigners being led to their showing four foreigners being led to their executions for murdering 13 Chinese sailors. executions for murdering 13 Chinese sailors.

State broadcaster CCTV showed live pictures State broadcaster CCTV showed live pictures of a Myanmar drug smuggler and three of a Myanmar drug smuggler and three members of his gang being led from their members of his gang being led from their cells at a jail in southwestern Yunnan cells at a jail in southwestern Yunnan province's capital of Kunming on Friday province's capital of Kunming on Friday afternoon. afternoon.

State broadcaster showed the four being led State broadcaster showed the four being led in shackles and handcuffs from their cells at a in shackles and handcuffs from their cells at a jail in Kunming prior to their execution by jail in Kunming prior to their execution by lethal injection.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 08:41:21 AM by Valjean »

Offline Ucah8er

• Won't let the sun go down on me
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 2555
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted to have made the Best musical contribution Best Signature 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Do you think this is right?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 11:09:40 AM »
Why not. Setting examples is shown not to really work but criminals are criminals and by murdering someone you kind of lose all your rights.

do you think this is ok? editing images to create a dramatic effect.

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 780
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 02:49:43 AM »
what the hell is this? these guns are sick

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21712820

Offline rdeyd1 573

• Happiness is a warm gun
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 760
  • TRUMP 2016
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 06:38:21 AM »
Why not. Setting examples is shown not to really work but criminals are criminals and by murdering someone you kind of lose all your rights.

do you think this is ok? editing images to create a dramatic effect.

(Image removed from quote.)

No not unless they say it has been altered' The same with editing out of context wich our media seems to do all the time to make things fit their point.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence;it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."  -George Washington

There are two kinds of fascist: fascist and anti-fascist

Offline Legion

• Gator
  • TWO
  • Liked: 3074
  • Awards Funniest member Biggest spammer Awarded to the user voted as the Most likely to flee to Mexico
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 04:15:41 PM »
what the hell is this? these guns are sick

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21712820

Woah, you can buy a PPS SMG? And all I need is my driver license? I'll take two please, extra ketchup and cheese.

Offline rdeyd1 573

• Red River Resistance
  • TRUMP 2016
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 07:23:53 PM »
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence;it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."  -George Washington

Offline Valjean

• TWO
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 07:16:00 PM »
Ok, I'll start it up again.  Do you think this is right?  Then whoever answers respond with your own right/wrong type topic for the next person:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/13/world/meast/saudi-executions-beheading/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Saudi Arabia beheads men for stealing

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

(CNN) -- Seven men were executed by beheading Wednesday in Saudi Arabia for stealing, according to SPA, the official Saudi New agency... The U.N. said the men were reportedly accused of organizing a criminal group, armed robbery, raiding and breaking into jewelry stores in 2005.

Offline CyborgNinjaCowboy

• I'm your huckleberry.
  • Liked: 186
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 09:38:53 PM »
For robbing jewelry stores, no that's not right. No object is worth a life.

Leave 'no trace of him behind, down to the hair': North Best Korean official 'executed with mortar round' after drinking during mourning period for Dear Leader, Kim Jong-il:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/leave-no-trace-of-him-behind-down-to-the-hair-north-korean-official-executed-with-mortar-round-after-drinking-during-mourning-period-for-dear-leader-kim-jongil-8226398.html
Apples taste good and you can throw them if your being attacked
PSN:Bassman32590

Offline Valjean

• TWO
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 10:38:46 PM »
Hmmm.... execution via mortar... well mortars aren't especially accurate, they're an area effect weapon.  So I wonder how many rounds it took to zero in... or if we just had a whole battery of mortars fire at once?  Either way though executed for drinking isn't unheard of worldwide but in this case no one warned the guy getting sauced was a capital crime and that is wrong.

Tens of thousands die in socialized medicine gone wrong.  The article doesn't mention how many of that size group would have naturally died over that same time period though.  But I'm assuming it wouldn't be big news if the numbers weren't more than just a little a rye.

This one: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/371465/Deaths-warning-as-MPs-blast-Atos

Mr Meacher said: "Atos is an IT firm and uses a so-called logic integrated medical assessment, often described as rigid and tick-box because computer-based systems make it very difficult for health professionals to exercise their professional judgment."

Offline booshthelurker

• Muckraker
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 483
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 02:17:31 AM »
CPAC racism panel derailed by audience member who suggests slaves should have been grateful for food, shelter & clothing
Cory Doctorow at 6:08 am

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQf9_oflU9s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQf9_oflU9s</a>

Gregory sez, "A conservative group looking to make inroads with African American Voters held a talk on Friday called 'Trump the Race Card'. It devolved into a chaos when Scott Terry of North Carolina suggested Fredrick Douglass should have been grateful for the food and shelter provided by his former slave master."

When asked by ThinkProgress if he’d accept a society where African-Americans were permanently subservient to whites, he said “I’d be fine with that.” He also claimed that African-Americans “should be allowed to vote in Africa,” and that “all the Tea Parties” were concerned with the same racial problems that he was.

At one point, a woman challenged him on the Republican Party’s roots, to which Terry responded, “I didn’t know the legacy of the Republican Party included women correcting men in public.”

He claimed to be a direct descendent of Confederate President Jefferson Davis.

CPAC Participant Defends Slavery At Minority Outreach Panel: It Gave ‘Food And Shelter’ To Blacks

Dirty Wild Sig by DocRikowski
I rep the D the way I do
I can't be you I won't be you
I got soul in me that's older than you
I got my mans with me we colder than you

Offline Valjean

• TWO
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 06:11:40 PM »
All racism is ugly, regardless of who's mouth it comes out of.  I guess this person cited was a 30-year old audience member that made these remarks? 

Here's one: should James Holmes... mass murderer from the Colorado theater shootings be given truth serum to determine whether he's actually insane or faking it?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/21/opinion/caplan-truth-serum/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1547
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 06:21:11 PM »
Here you had me thinking Truth Serum actually existed. But if it did I bet it would taste like cherry. So it would be a fitting punishment for such a criminal.

Offline Valjean

• TWO
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 07:15:12 PM »
Sodium pen. Is used by some countries in interrogations.  You don't want to become a POW in those countries... Its also one of the three drugs in the lethal injection cocktail. 

Offline epic redemption

• Liked: 30
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 07:25:23 PM »
Next topic: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/03/22/amazing-race-episode-bob-beckel-cbs-apology/

CBS would later on make an apology before last night's episode of The Amazing Race.

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Сука Блять
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 09:02:12 PM »
I did not watch the episode, but unless they are rubbing their shit all over the plane or something I don't see the problem with it. If my bomber went down I would love for it to be featured on some television show in the future.

Offline Valjean

• TWO
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2013, 10:35:48 PM »
^^ Yur supposed to respond plus bring your own "do you think this is right" kinda topic for the next guy... sheesh.

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Сука Блять
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2013, 10:46:06 PM »
YOU NEVER SAID THAT OP! YOU NEVER SAID THAT!

Okay, okay. It's cool. I am over it. No really. It is.

Uuuhhh I have seen this in the news a lot. Usually bailouts are always a source of debate.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/24/news/economy/cyprus-bailout-eu?hpt=ieu_c2

Have not read it myself, the news is for nerds anyway.

Offline Valjean

• TWO
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2013, 11:04:21 PM »
Uuuhhh I have seen this in the news a lot. Usually bailouts are always a source of debate.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/24/news/economy/cyprus-bailout-eu?hpt=ieu_c2

I like that article.  A lot there.... so is it just for a government to go into people's private savings accounts and take a percent of their money to pay off the government debt?   Those people didn't rack up that debt from years of wasteful spending.  They did they exact opposite.  If their government did what they personally had done it would be giving money back to people not taking it.

Do you think this is right: the cost to taxpayers for politicians to travel:

Official business took him last month to Europe, a trip that included a bill of $585,000 for his one-night stay in Paris.  Also on the receipt was $321,665 for a limousine company and $459,338.65 for a hotel stay in London.   And while Biden was only in each town for one night

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/03/22/travel-with-the-veep-is-magnifique/?iref=allsearch

Offline Valjean

• TWO
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2013, 07:35:45 PM »
Ok the news today was just a wash I stories that personally make me sick.  Stories about the government going after people for no reason while 40% of our homicides go unsolved.  This one that just screams "do you think this is right?"

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/28/justice/former-soldier-charged/index.html?c=world

US veteran is arrested after fighting for the Syrian resistance because a photo of him holding (not even firing... Holding) an RPG w was posted on FB.  Rationale: we're calling RPGs weapons of mass destruction apparently.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 07:46:00 PM by Valjean »

Offline rdeyd1 573

• Red River Resistance
  • TRUMP 2016
    • View Profile
    • Awards