Username: Password:

Author Topic: Moral dilemmas  (Read 5627 times)

Offline rdeyd1 573

• Happiness is a warm gun
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 760
  • TRUMP 2016
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Moral dilemmas
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2013, 08:08:38 PM »
You pay him.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence;it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."  -George Washington

There are two kinds of fascist: fascist and anti-fascist

Offline rdeyd1 573

• Red River Resistance
  • TRUMP 2016
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2013, 08:14:45 PM »
Ok here we go your unit has just secured a vill and you are walking the outskirts  when you hear noise and look to find your best friend the guy who saved your life over and over and some other guys raping a local. What do you do?
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence;it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."  -George Washington

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
  • Liked: 3924
  • Awards Hash Tag King 2014 Most likely to flee to Mexico Biggest Perv 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2013, 08:43:35 PM »
Pull them both off, tell them to pull themselves together. Then look after the woman. Give her food & water and make sure she gets home safe.

I also meant to add that you should report them to the commanding officer.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 09:02:01 PM by convex airplane »

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2013, 08:46:36 PM »
Sophie's choice. A classic moral dilemma. If you don't know what it is, it's basically a story of a woman who is sent to a concentration camp and told she can only take one of her 2 kids. She has a girl and a boy. One will be sent to the labor camp and the other to the gas chamber. If you don't pick one of them, they both die. What do you do?

Offline rdeyd1 573

• Red River Resistance
  • TRUMP 2016
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2013, 08:52:13 PM »
Pull them both off, tell them to pull themselves together. Then look after the woman. Give her food & water and make sure she gets home safe.

So you turn a blind eye to a violent crime what if it was a couple of 9yr olds? This is the same problem the police have, or any organization, snitches get stitches right?

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1551
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2013, 08:56:10 PM »
@Val I remember hearing a similar story where a special forces team was doing a reconnaissance operation in I think Iraq, and someone (kids maybe?) found them. They let them go and sure enough in came the enemy. I wouldn't know what to do, it is kind of hard to take a whole flock of sheep prisoner isn't it?

@Convex, could you sacrifice yourself to save both the children? If not, it is quite redundant when it comes to picking one. Maybe the oldest since they would have the highest chance of survival.

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2013, 08:58:50 PM »
@Dean That's a good point. I would probably report them to the commanding officer or whoever was in charge. The situation is still not solved then is it... It's for the commanding officer to decide now. That's a completely different dilemma.

@Llama That's what Sophie does, she chooses the oldest and if my memory is correct, the kid end up dying anyway. It's a very very tough situation.

Offline Valjean

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2457
  • Writing names on my hollowtips
  • Awards Best admin Best Admin 2014 Most Like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2013, 10:34:22 PM »
@Val I remember hearing a similar story where a special forces team was doing a reconnaissance operation in I think Iraq, and someone (kids maybe?) found them. They let them go and sure enough in came the enemy. I wouldn't know what to do, it is kind of hard to take a whole flock of sheep prisoner isn't it?

Us operators all have the same stories we discuss.  They're urban legends.  This one is from Viet Nam originally where you don't know if the villager is VC or not.  Is it moral to kill them?  They're unarmed sure but are they an enemy if they're acting as eyes & ears (scouts) for the enemy is the basic question. 

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1551
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2013, 10:42:15 PM »
They are an obstacle that if not dealt with will prevent your mission from being accomplished. So I would consider them the enemy, take them out. Of course I say that sitting in a warm building sipping tea and have all day to think on it.

Offline the GUN runnerr

• Liked: 539
  • Big Black Women and The stevo guy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2013, 11:09:56 PM »
hence my crued/no questions asked response.  im there to take out the target. im alone.  if this wasnt my cup o tea then what the fuck am i doing ther in the 1st place. 

you guys keep usung these millitary examples.  the rule is just the same protocal as no hostages, no prisoners.  dont sighn up for a mental debacle if u cant carry your weight