Username: Password:

Author Topic: Who's Who in L.A. Noire?  (Read 10631 times)

Offline Kazzy

• Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 3126
  • Midas Touch
  • Awards Best GFX 2014 Best graphics artist
    • View Profile
    • Red Dead Fan
    • Awards
Who's Who in L.A. Noire?
« on: March 31, 2013, 03:45:31 AM »
I've recently been playing and have recognised some of the characters in the game. I decided to do a little looking around to see exactly who is who and thought I'd share the information I found (you can find more information at- http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-27-whos-who-in-l-a-noire-article)

Contains Spoilers

Show content for Hiden:

In the game: Cole Phelps - a decorated war hero whose rise from beat cop to the LAPD's star detective forms the background of L.A. Noire's seedy yarn.

The actor: Aaron Staton- Played hotshot advertising executive Ken Cosgrove on Mad Men.

In the game: Finbar "Rusty" Galloway, Cole's gruff no-nonsense partner on the homicide desk. Fond of booze, not so found of dames, he and college boy Phelps eventually reach a grudging mutual respect.

The actor: Michael McGrady: Still patrolling the streets of LA, this time in the modern day, as Detective Salinger on Southland. McGrady is also a regular face on lots of other shows, putting in appearances on Lie to Me, Bones, Prison Break and CSI: Miami among others. He can also be seen in the movie, The Thin Red Line.

In the game: Roy Earle, Cole's smarmy and sleazy partner when working the vice detail. Described as the movie star cop, he's clearly more in love with the perks of the job than seeing justice served.

The actor: Adam Harrington: Played Agent Walker in season five of serial killer thriller Dexter.

In the game: Slovenly and cynical Detective Herschel Biggs, who reluctantly partners with Phelps on the arson desk.

The actor: Keith Szarabajka: He has been a common sight on US TV going back to the 1980s. Today, he's probably best known as Daniel Holtz in Buffy spin-off Angel. Szarabajka can be seen in law enforcement mode as one of Jim Gordon's loyal cops in The Dark Knight.

In the game: County coroner Dr Malcolm Carruthers, the man who prods corpses and waits patiently for Cole to ask "So...what have we got?"

The actor: Andy Umberger: Plays another medical role, Umberger features as Mad Men's resident psychiatrist Dr Malcolm Wayne.

In the game: Elsa Lichtmann, a seductive German nightclub singer. Sexy and teutonic, she's trouble waiting to happen...

The actor: Erika Heynatz:  An Australian model, singer and TV presenter, Heynatz is best known in her native land as the host of Australia's Next Top Model.

In the game: Hugo Moller, husband of the murder victim in the Golden Butterfly homicide case.

The actor: Greg Grunberg: Lengthy TV stints as mind-reading lawman Matt Parkman in Heroes and CIA agent Eric Weiss in Alias. Grunberg also provided the voice of "Trooper 2" in Halo Reach.

In the game: Mark Bishop, a grubby B-movie producer who crosses your path while working as a traffic detective.

The actor: Daniel Roebuck: Another veteran character actor, Roebuck first came to prominence opposite a pre-fame Keanu Reeves as a mentally disturbed teen who kills his girlfriend in the bleak 1986 drama, River's Edge. More recently he appeared on Glee, and also played Lost's hapless Leslie Arzt, a school teacher whose dynamite-assisted demise provided the show with one of its most memorable surprise exits.

In the game: Eli Rooney, a mucky little paedophile found lurking around a high school during the Golden Butterfly case.

The actor: Courtney Gains: He's the obnoxious guy who almost wipes Marty McFly from existence by cutting in when George is dancing with Lorraine at the end of Back to the Future.

In the game: Clem Feeney, proprietor of the Just Picked late night fruit market.

The actor: Brian Krause: The longest surviving male cast member of US witchy drama Charmed, clocking up 145 episodes. You'll have to rewind all the back to 1991 for his other memorable role, when he appeared as the buff young buck shipwrecked with a barely clothed Milla Jovovich in schoolboy favourite Return to the Blue Lagoon.

In the game: Leland Monroe, a smug and wealthy property magnate who crosses swords with Phelps during his arson investigations.

The actor: John Noble: An Australian actor, Noble is currently best known for his starring role on Fringe. Before that, he played the barking mad Steward of Gondor in Return of the King.

In the game: Richard Coombs, a shady used car salesman from the DLC traffic case, A Slip of the Tongue.

The actor: Kurt Fuller: Another veteran supporting player, he has appeared in Wayne's World and Ghostbusters II. More recently, he had a role in Supernatural.

In the game: Lars Taraldsen, another bereaved husband on the homicide beat, this time from The White Shoe Slaying.

The actor: Matt Corboy: Most familiar as Ray Carlson in The Shield.

In the game: Barbara Lapenti, owner of the boarding house where homicide victim Antonia Maldonado stays in The Silk Stocking Murder.

The actor: Myra Turley:  Best known for playing Peggy's mother in Mad Men.

In the game: Dudley Lynch, a bartender who Cole meets early on, during his first traffic assignment.

The actor: Michael Gladis: Another Mad Men alumni, Gladis plays far-out beatnik copywriter and sci-fi fan Paul Kinsey on the hit show.

Offline Casteyn

• Out of hibernation
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 4710
  • I deal in lead
  • Awards Most helpful member Most respected member Most Missed Member 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Who's Who in L.A. Noire?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 10:18:03 AM »
It's pretty cool Kazz! I recognized the guy from Heroes right away and realized I recognized a lot of the actors in it as I played. This game is pretty cool. I finished it a while back, but there are still more collectibles for me to find. A couple newspapers I missed and of course the film reels...

Offline Kazzy

• Rockstar Gamers
  • Midas Touch
    • View Profile
    • Red Dead Fan
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 10:21:06 AM »
It's pretty cool Kazz! I recognized the guy from Heroes right away and realized I recognized a lot of the actors in it as I played. This game is pretty cool. I finished it a while back, but there are still more collectibles for me to find. A couple newspapers I missed and of course the film reels...

Same for me with the guy from Heroes, I also recognized the one from Charmed straight away. It was interesting to see who some of the others were, I was saying 'oh yeah that's right!' quite a bit to myself ;D

Offline Casteyn

• Out of hibernation
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 4710
  • I deal in lead
  • Awards Most helpful member Most respected member Most Missed Member 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »
Yes, they are mostly character actors that you never remember their name, but you always recognize their face :)

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
  • Liked: 3931
  • Awards Hash Tag King 2014 Most likely to get bucked off his horse Most likely to flee to Mexico
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 10:31:02 AM »
The graphics are so good that you can tell what the actors have been in, pretty cool

Offline Kazzy

• Rockstar Gamers
  • Midas Touch
    • View Profile
    • Red Dead Fan
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 12:32:46 AM »
Some more faces from the game for anyone interested  :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TajvsTfwS0I" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TajvsTfwS0I</a>