Username: Password:

Author Topic: Trouble for Gamestop (and gaming retailers in general)  (Read 723 times)

Offline Arcadax

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 3431
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Trouble for Gamestop (and gaming retailers in general)
« on: May 28, 2013, 03:30:02 PM »
I thought this is a topic worthy of discussion and I think just about everyone has had their own personal in-store experiences

http://beta.fool.com/rgilbs06/2013/05/27/technology-is-spelling-the-end-for-gamestop/35138/?source=eogyholnk0000001

Offline TWO Many Skillz

• Original Founder of TWO
  • TWO
  • Liked: 1956
  • Awards Best Posse Leader 2014 Best posse leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Trouble for Gamestop (and gaming retailers in general)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 04:53:08 PM »
Well that's a bummer :/

#TeamOasis

Offline Paranoia

• Hope Rides Alone
  • Liked: 31
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Trouble for Gamestop (and gaming retailers in general)
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 04:03:45 PM »
Maybe I'm just delusional because myself and most people I know buy physical games, but I really don't see Gamestop going out of business. Maybe they'll down size eventually, but physical videogame stores are going to exist for many more years. Until things like the PSN hacking and XBL FIFA credit card fraud become basically impossible, people are going to be hesitant about paying for everything on a console specifically with credit cards or any other personal information. You can already buy games digitally on a console, but I don't know anyone that does, especially when they're usually still full price and they take up quite a lot of space on the already small HDD that the console uses. Physical games are about more than just having something to smell and having (nowadays) a two page pamphlet with a picture of the console controller on it.