Username: Password:

Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto Online - Preview launch Thursday 15th August  (Read 3791 times)

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1548
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
Re: Grand Theft Auto Online - Preview launch Thursday 15th August
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 03:35:39 PM »
Here's to hoping Rockstar actually takes care of their multiplayer for this game.

us PS3'ers will be alright.............its you XBOX'ers that have all the hackers/modders ;)
Shut the fuck up about xbox having modders. You don't even know what it feels like for us. BTW no one gives a crape about your comments that does not even make fucking sense.

Oh you poor poor Xbox players. I pray every night that one day the Xbox community can someday get the peace of mind it deserves.

Offline Legion

• Gator
  • TWO
  • Liked: 3074
  • Awards Funniest member Biggest spammer Awarded to the user voted as the Most likely to flee to Mexico
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 04:58:24 PM »
Some more info on GTA Online.

Couple of interesting pieces I've taken upon myself to quote here:

Creator:
But the tools for the Creator won't be available at the start?

Initially, you'll be able to create races and deathmatches, which are probably the simplest. And then, over time, when we feel comfortable that people are ready to get the new creators, they will be released. So it'll be a trickle, but it'll be a constant release of new creators and new content. We don't want to overdo it. It's a complex system. That's another reason for the two week delay between single-player and Online. We want to give people an opportunity to actually get their heads around what's happened, because even single-player is a big advancement from the old games. There's a lot of new things to learn.

Character:
Okay. When you start GTA Online, you presumably begin with no money. So what are your first steps in the game to get things moving?

In traditional GTA style, you'll be taken on a journey through the first few missions of the game, just to give you a feel for it. We'll have the usual Rockstar help, to keep you on the straight and narrow all the way through. So, it'll be a nice, hopefully well-paced introduction to the game. There's a lot for people to learn, so we don't want to just throw you into the world. You're not just going in and playing deathmatches.

Characters from GTA V will introduce you to the experiences of GTA Online. You'll meet characters from single-player, who'll introduce you to things in the same way as they do in single-player. So, for example, someone will say to you, "Here's Ammunation, here's where you can get weapons..." It's got a flow like a single-player has a flow, so there is a progression through some things - not a story, but a progression through Online. It's a different type of flow.

At the end of the demo, you mentioned that players are ranked on performance and everything is tracked. What kinds of things will players be ranked on?

It depends on the type of mission. A deathmatch will score differently to a race, which will score differently from what we saw today, which will score differently from any other mode, so it just depends what mode it is. But we do have an internal score that we hold, that can rank people. It encompasses shooting, driving, flying, parachuting, so we can tell where people exist within the leaderboard.

Vehicles:
You can also insure cars now, so that - if someone steals it, or blows it up - you can get that same car back for a premium. You can also leave your cars somewhere in the world, and come back to that place and they're still there...

We don't let anyone steal your personal vehicle. If we were in a personal vehicle, and I jumped out as the owner, you could take it. But if it's locked, it's locked. You could blow it up, if you're that way (inclined), but anything that's going to annoy other players, we will punish by giving you what we call a Bad Sport stat. We store how you behave in there. If you're too bad, you will be punished.

Can other players see when someone has a Bad Sport stat?

Yeah. They'll be able to check it out, and think "I'm not playing with that guy."

So going back to the vehicles - are you almost more encouraged to buy them than to steal them?

You can buy cars, just like you can (in the real world). Or you can steal them if the mod shops are prepared to dabble with them. If they are, you can spray them and change the plates. If they're not prepared to do that, when the cops spot you in a stolen car, you'll get a Wanted level.

Is that why you'd want to employ the $50-a-day man to mod your stolen cars?

He won't deal with stolen cars. All he does is repair busted-up vehicles, and deliver your car. So, if you're out in the countryside without transport, you can give him a phone and he'll come out and drop the car off for you.

Money:
What sort of money can you earn from missions?

The money in the game is one of the things that has to be so very finely balanced that we're still working on it. If I was to give you a number, it would probably change tomorrow. Because you're buying properties, and you're buying cars, and you're earning money, we need to make sure that that fits in with the flow. So it'll change. But we try and base everything on real life, so imagine the kind of sums you would get in real life for doing a job. If you're robbing a store, you're going to get a couple of hundred dollars, three hundred dollars; if you're nicking a car, you're going to get a thousand, two thousand, depending on the car. We'll probably base it on what happens out there.

We saw, in the recent gameplay trailer, that you could invest in stocks and shares as well - will you be able to do that too in GTA Online?

Yeah. You can go online, buy some shares in a car company, target that company's cars, blow them up so the insurance will replace them and the stock price will go up. Everything's tied in, the same as it is in single-player.

So could you, as an online group, organise into cartels?

You could, yeah. But then, of course, there's the government - us - who has to make sure there's nothing untoward happening.

Heist:
We saw a glimpse of the planning room in your apartment too...

Yes. You will get a very similar planning board to what you get in single-player, with all the maps, and the people, and the dots around the map to show you where you're going to have to go.

How do the heists in GTA Online compare to the heists in single-player? Will they be more like the tentpole heists in GTA V, or the 'Blitz Play' mission we saw in the demo a couple of months back?

Initially, they'll be simpler. But we do have plans to set up heists that could contain twenty individual components. A lot of these questions are hard to answer because there's now, and then there's what we have in our heads for the future. But to answer your question: initially, they'll be fairly straightforward heists, but they will get more complex as time goes on.

Underwater Exploration:
The single-player, you've mapped underwater as well - will there be underwater gameplay in GTA Online?

We're not really pushing the underwater side right now, but once we get the first batch of content out - which is going to be a lot; hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of missions - then we'll start looking at some other things. Underwater. Getting all the subs going. They're all there, it's all ready to go. And underwater's kind of cool. I think we're going to find that a lot of people like underwater, so I think it's an area that we might utilise in future.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 05:38:14 PM by Legion »

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
  • Liked: 3924
  • Awards Hash Tag King 2014 Most likely to flee to Mexico Biggest Perv 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 05:16:54 PM »
Here's to hoping Rockstar actually takes care of their multiplayer for this game.

us PS3'ers will be alright.............its you XBOX'ers that have all the hackers/modders ;)
Shut the fuck up about xbox having modders. You don't even know what it feels like for us. BTW no one gives a crape about your comments that does not even make fucking sense.

Oh you poor poor Xbox players. I pray every night that one day the Xbox community can someday get the peace of mind it deserves.

I'll play the role of a RockstarForums.net goodie two-shoes in this one:

*picture a dude wearing suspenders on pants that ride up to his tits*:
"Hey guys. Can you please refrain from arguing. Take it to the Private Messages if you need to. This thread is not for arguing."

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1548
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2013, 05:22:49 PM »

I'll play the role of a RockstarForums.net goodie two-shoes in this one:

*picture a dude wearing suspenders on pants that ride up to his tits*:
"Hey guys. Can you please refrain from arguing. Take it to the Private Messages if you need to. This thread is not for arguing."

I will destroy your soul.

Anyway, I don't know if I like the "Bad Sport" thing. Kind of makes you not want to mess around and kill your friends.

Offline booshthelurker

• Muckraker
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 483
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2013, 06:42:50 PM »
Rockstar has announced it will have it's own dedicated servers for GTAV online. I took that as in not rented servers, but who knows.

Dirty Wild Sig by DocRikowski
I rep the D the way I do
I can't be you I won't be you
I got soul in me that's older than you
I got my mans with me we colder than you