Username: Password:

Author Topic: Help, glitched honor  (Read 1499 times)

Offline blackedge13

• Liked: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Help, glitched honor
« on: September 04, 2013, 08:15:39 PM »
Ok so I've beaten the main story, Got the achievement for highest honor/fame, sitting at Hero/Legend status, and I'M NOT WEARING A BANDANA, however, I accidentally lost honor a few times (namely I accidentally shot and killed my horse and lost honor lol) and can't regain it back from doing bounties alive or any other event. I've tried for hours, all kinds of good deeds from events,  and I'm not able to regain any of that lost honor back. So it says I'm hero still, but I'm not completely 100% maxed anymore, but I can't regain any honor to get back up to 100% and I repeat I am NOT WEARING THE BANDANA.I'm almost below Hero now, and want to figure out how to fix this before I end up losing Hero status and my chance at the The Obscuridad del Santo Andres. I repeat. I'm NOT wearing the bandana. I've googled around and I've seen other people posting a similar issue but found no fix.
Any info on this would be appreciated. I've seen a few posts else where saying it's a glitch, but would like to get further information on it if possible, hopefully a way to fix it

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
  • Liked: 3924
  • Awards Hash Tag King 2014 Most likely to flee to Mexico Biggest Perv 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Help, glitched honor
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 09:11:42 PM »
Huh, never head of that before. Maybe try installing the game onto your hard drive.

I don't know. You could try sending an email to Rockstar Support. Sorry I couldn't be of more use.

Offline blackedge13

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 09:33:32 PM »
The version I am playing is the Digital version from Xbox Live, got it few days ago during the rockstar sale on xbox live =p
so that's clearly not the issue

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 09:37:35 PM »
Hmmm, ok, is there a reason you need max honor? Are you missing achievements because of it?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 09:51:39 PM by convex airplane »

Offline blackedge13

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 09:55:43 PM »
as far as I know, no. But I'm worried that if I say accidentally lose any more, I'll drop below "hero" status, which will then prevent me from having a chance at a rare item.

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Obscuridad_del_Santo_Andres
http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Honor
". Players with Hero Honor rank have a chance of a random encounter with a nun who bestows the Obscuridad del Santo Andres, a kit item that makes enemies less accurate. If a Hero Honor is maintained after receiving the Obscuridad, random nuns will occasionally give the player gifts of money (~$70). "

That's why I want to figure out how to regain some of that honor that I accidentally lost, afraid if I lose anymore I'll drop below Hero status. It's very odd. As I've said, after googling I found others that had the same issue but I couldn't find out what exactly caused it or how to fix it or anything at all about it actually. It's very odd

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 10:17:32 PM »
as far as I know, no. But I'm worried that if I say accidentally lose any more, I'll drop below "hero" status, which will then prevent me from having a chance at a rare item.

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Obscuridad_del_Santo_Andres
http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Honor
". Players with Hero Honor rank have a chance of a random encounter with a nun who bestows the Obscuridad del Santo Andres, a kit item that makes enemies less accurate. If a Hero Honor is maintained after receiving the Obscuridad, random nuns will occasionally give the player gifts of money (~$70). "

That's why I want to figure out how to regain some of that honor that I accidentally lost, afraid if I lose anymore I'll drop below Hero status. It's very odd. As I've said, after googling I found others that had the same issue but I couldn't find out what exactly caused it or how to fix it or anything at all about it actually. It's very odd

Ok I understand now. That's bizarre. I guess the only thing to do now is drop Rockstar Support an E-Mail and hope they help.

Offline BlackMetalDevil

• Killing Time...
  • Liked: 162
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 11:13:03 PM »
A few things you can try;

Put on the bandana, then remove it. Sometimes the game gets confused between cutscenes and adds or removes it automatically but the effects are still there, so even though you don't see the bandana on John/Jack it's effects are still applied. Usually happens when changing outfits or certain cutscenes. Put it on then take it off, then save so you know you have eliminated that glitch from the possible list of causes.

Another glitch that can cause this is having multiple save files with different honor levels. If you have recently played a save file that has negative honor then load up a save that has positive honor it will sometimes carry the negative honor effects over to the positive save. If you do have a negative honor save, check to see if you can still earn positive honor on that save by doing good deeds, if you can it probably means your positive save has been corrupted by the negative one, to fix this you could try to start a new game that has neither positive or negative honor then load up your positive save and hope it sorts it out, if not then you may need to go back to an older save and replay it to get to where you were on the corrupted file.

Try changing outfits, sometimes certain combinations of outfits (duster coat to poncho, etc) cause the game to glitch in ways that are not immediately noticeable but have a hidden effect on the files that are assigned to stats and other game mechanics.

The last thing to try would be the random events in Armadillo or Thieves Landing where a guy either kidnaps or tries to kill a prostitute, by saving the girl in front of witnesses it may reset/kickstart your honor. This is also the easiest way to force the nun encounter to get the Obscuridad necklace.

Good luck.
"Two things I love most, good horses and beautiful women, and when I die I hope they tan this old hide of mine and make it into a ladies riding saddle, so I can rest in peace between the two things I love the most" - Quote from Russel.J.Larsen's Tombstone.

Offline blackedge13

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 07:57:59 AM »
I've tried removing the bandana , equipping it, and removing a few times, still nothing.
As far as saves go, I only have two saves, the auto save, and 1 manual save in the save slot that I've saved over tons of times. And I've saved those two people in armadillo and thieves landing dozens of times by lasso'ing the bad guy, and no honor at all. I did have one glitch with it way back with the one in thieves landing. what happened was i hot tied the bad guy, but the lady glitched out and I was unable to cut her free and ended up loading up my previous save file.
Not sure what else to try other than outfit combinations.
As far as the nuns go, I did the event to save that first nun or whatever and got Las Hermanas populated with the nuns. I've had 3 appear randomly for me since, and all 3 times they asked for money (which i gave) instead of giving the item.
Sigh.

Offline blackedge13

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 10:08:45 AM »
It just dawned on me that , in theory, since even though I'm not 100% max honor, but I'm still at hero status, I could just put the bandana on and never take it off. This would keep me at Hero even if I accidentally kill somebody (or my horse again lol) by accident and still keep me having a chance at that cross kit item. I only have to be hero status and not completely 100% to have a chance at it from what I understand.  And having a chance at that item is the only thing keeping me from massacring everybody in every town lol.

Offline blackedge13

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 05:33:04 AM »
Well this thread can be closed now. My whole point of making the thread was to figure out how come I can lose honor but can't gain it back after doing so. But all that is pointless now, because the whole reason I wanted to regain that honor was to maintain hero status until I got The Obscuridad del Santo Andres from the nun encounter. Well I just got it, so now I can just wear the bandana forever and not lose anymore honor.
Time to let the thread get locked/delete/die away as I no longer need assistance. Thanks to those who replied <3