Username: Password:

Author Topic: Lagging whilst online!  (Read 2813 times)

Offline RellimHD

• Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Lagging whilst online!
« on: November 04, 2013, 10:54:47 AM »
Hi. I've started to come across this problem where I get this lag whenever I go onto GTA Online.

I have an absolute terrible internet connection and I don't know why. The only way I can go on xbox live in general and to play different games without any lag is when there is no other internet usage in the house. The downstairs computer is off, my laptop is off. The only thing that is using the internet is my xbox. Note that there hasn't been any lag whatsoever when I have been on say, Fifa 14 but for some reason, when I go onto GTA Online, not only does the players in the game lag, but my friends in my party have a laggy voice too. So with that, I know it is not the game but my connection and I am wondering, is my connection too slow to handle the rigours of GTA Online?

Has anyone else had this problem and has it been resolved? It's extremely annoying!

Offline Outlaw_Marksman

• Slasher
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 179
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Lagging whilst online!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 06:28:51 AM »
It could be the actual game. Only in RDR and GTA have I ever been auto signed out with "error code 802941829428" styled message. Out of all my time playing Battlefield, a bit of COD, WWe 2011-2013, it's never happened.

Sometimes I hear the modem "tick" and see either one or more of the green lights are out or one is red. Same thing again, only ever happened while playing GTA and RDR.

It's not a regular issue but it's something I've noticed so maybe it'll help you man.

Offline thuglife_-1

• Wounded Threat
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 213
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 07:19:32 PM »
First you should test your internet connection speed and ping on speedtest.net and pingtest.net. If everything there looks good, it may be that you have a strict NAT type. You could look into opening your ports, setting a static IP address to your Xbox, and setting DMZ to "on" with your Xbox IP address. Here is where I read on how to do it. This is for PS3, but I'm pretty sure the ports should be the same.
Amnesty for coach_wargo!

Offline L1VING D3AD G1RL

• DEAD
  • Liked: 4
  • blah
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 02:30:36 PM »
ive noticed the same thing, every other game i play online while im in a party is fine. but on GTA Online people in the party keep lagging out or its lagging when they speak, sometimes everyone in the game will all leave at once, ive also noticed vehicles disappearing as well.

it could be R* trying update stuff on their server or the game servers are starting to overload. i have noticed a few bugs like if try to commend a friend or a random, ill instantly freeze
Hello- Im Burning

Offline samant41

• samant41
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Dobra pożyczka
    • Awards
RRSO
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 06:01:57 PM »
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 11:06:51 AM by Thor »

Offline samant41

• samant41