Username: Password:

Author Topic: An unusual experience  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Mad Jackal

• Liked: 11
    • View Profile
    • Awards
An unusual experience
« on: February 06, 2014, 11:06:36 PM »
So I decided to start up RDR again after several months away, and was greeted by a very odd turn of events. I've seen many a flying wagon, and I gotta say this was (to put it lightly) the most surreal experience I've had with Red Dead. It wasn't so much outright bizarre as it was unsettling, really. Read on, you'll see what I mean.

I spent an hour or two messing around in New Austin before heading further up into West Elizabeth. My bounty was already at about 12k, but I decided to see just how far I could take it up to before dying. I arrived at Black Water, and proceeded to slaughter anything in sight (your so called "morality" does not apply to me here :p). I made it to 14k before I decided to head off. Before I left, I decided to check out the small church on the outskirts of the town. The moment I set foot into the building, the bell began to go off. Two gentlemen were sat on one of the benches, with a preacher standing in front of them. I never spent too much time in churches, so this was totally new to me. I stood there, waiting for the preacher to talk. A moment later, he walked out the door. Not what I was expecting at all. I took out my throwing knives and began killing the two men and the preacher. By that time, the train had already pulled up. A witness caught me in the act, so I boarded the train and hightailed it out of Black Water. A minute or two later, about 7 - 8 Lawmen appeared on my minimap. I stayed in the train, as I thought I'd be safe. I looked out the window, and saw a herd of buffalo. This in itself is rather odd as I rarely encounter them. I heard the Lawmen's shots ring against the metal of the train, and the sound of a buffalo dying. I assumed it was hit by a stray bullet. Not wanting anymore of the buffalo to die, I made my way to the top of the train and began firing back at the Lawmen. A couple rounds left my Henry Repeater before I fell off the train, into harms way. I called for my horse and rode into Tall Trees. By the time I made it into the woods, a single Lawmen remained on my trail. I gunned him down, and made my way back to the safe house. I changed into my Expert Hunter outfit, and headed deeper into the woods in search of bears.

Not long after, I found a bear. Two bears, actually. I took out my Carcano to get a closer look. Both bears weren't moving. They would occasionally paw at the ground or open their mouth, but never moved away from their spot. I put a round into one of the bears. The other didn't seem to notice. I put down the other and began to skin them both. I left the location in search of more, but stopped when I heard a voice. I looked over and saw a Native American standing next to the body of a man.
"There are dark forces here! I can sense them!" Is all he said before running off deeper into the woods. Right now, I'm debating on whether to go after him or keep searching the area for these "dark forces".

Pretty strange, amirite? Anyway, I just thought I'd share. Figured some of you might get some enjoyment out of it.