Username: Password:

Author Topic: RDR Will Not Load!  (Read 853 times)

Offline ShadowwHex

• Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RDR Will Not Load!
« on: May 18, 2014, 02:45:45 AM »
Ok, I just got my copy of RDR from game stop online today. I pop the disk in and see it has a 1.07 patch, ok so I install it and get ready for an awesome game... or so I hoped. I click single player and click create a new save and am thrown into a loading screen... I wait... and wait... and wait. after 10 min I shut it off and try again... and again... and again. after about 5 try's I quit. I look online for some answers and find some. I delete the 1.07 patch and reinstall it... nothing. I delete my save data and 1.07 patch... nothing. I delete EVERYTING that has to do with this game load it offline and start a new game... tada, im watching the first cut scene. I continue and as soon as you get shot and have to find bonnie or who ever in the house it freezes... I close out the game and reboot it. freezes again. reboot it again and its stuck on the loading screen! I plug in my Ethernet cable and go back online and install the 1.07 patch, still will not load. its not the disk, its clean as a whistle. my ps3 still plays other games fine, so its not that. I just don't get it. please help. also note it does the same thing on multiplayer.

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
  • Liked: 3924
  • Awards Hash Tag King 2014 Most likely to flee to Mexico Biggest Perv 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RDR Will Not Load!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 11:42:24 AM »
Ok well the multiplayer for the game is broken and you have to play private sessions for it to work... in other word, it's happening to everyone.

The single player still works though so I don't know why it's freezing on you. On the xbox there is an option which clears out the system cache, is there anything like that on PS3?

Offline The Jester

• Slasher
  • Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 5584
  • You're a Noob
    • View Profile
    • Rockstar Gamers
    • Awards
Re: RDR Will Not Load!
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 10:47:05 PM »
Well, if you really want to try public, first load into single player. From there switch to private multiplayer and then switch to public multiplayer. I've had reasonable amounts of success finding decent public sessions recently. Although if you head into gang matches the good times usually only last 2 or 3 games. After that all kinds of crazy nonsense starts to happen. And never go from a public game into a private match as you'll bring the glitchy, laggy stuff with you and ruin the private game.

"The blood stays on the blade"