Username: Password:

Author Topic: Any recommendations for good cheap games?  (Read 3899 times)

Offline will136

• Saddle Tramp
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1065
  • as long as we get paid or you get shot, I'm happy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Any recommendations for good cheap games?
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2017, 12:49:14 PM »
You asking about the song?  That would be C W McCall's "Convoy"

Offline will136

• Saddle Tramp
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2017, 01:00:05 PM »
VMB i was watching one of Squirrel's videos about multi player and he says your ETS2 game has to be purchased from Steam's website in order to work with the multiplayer game ... has to do with verifying you have bought your copy of the game ... the multiplayer servers do not belong to Steam or the makers of ETS2 ... you also must connect your game to the World of Trucking online site in the opening game screen ...

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5488
  • Adios, half soldier
  • Awards Best Contributor 2014
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2017, 01:28:38 PM »
I bought the disc version... I did register it to my Steam account, not sure if that counts...

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1551
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2017, 08:46:45 AM »
If you used the CD key to get a copy on Steam it should.

Offline Chalk

• Administrator
  • Liked: 828
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2017, 01:44:42 AM »
So I started playing Euro Truck Sim 2 again. Took me ages to get my controller to work because it seems Windows 10 sometimes has issues with the driver for this particular controller (Logitech F710). Eventually I was able to tell it to use the drivers for the Xbox 360 controller for Windows and that seems to work.
On my first real drive I totally kept forgetting about speed and got like 3 speeding tickets. Then I found the cruise control button. Still kinda annoying that they reduce the speed from 60 to 50, chuck in a quick speed camera, and then the limit goes back up to 60. Its pure entrapment I tell ya!

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Adios, half soldier
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2017, 01:58:08 AM »
Nice and lol. Be aware of idiotic AI too ;) Had to make the hardest emergency stop ever because another truck decided to stand still on de highway...

Offline will136

• Saddle Tramp
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2017, 06:11:55 PM »
this looks interesting ...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhY1GJKPwQA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhY1GJKPwQA</a>

Offline Alphapug

• That is not dead which can eternal lie. Mad Men
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 1070
  • Mad Men Ambassador and Crew Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2017, 12:41:01 PM »
Big Xbox sale. I grabbed Mirror's Edge Catalyst for $6. RDR is only $11. Nice if you lost your disc or have a scratched one.

https://majornelson.com/2017/05/15/this-weeks-deals-with-gold-and-spotlight-sale-xbox-one-backward-compatibility-super-sale/?linkId=100000000397128

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Adios, half soldier
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2017, 02:08:42 PM »
I love me some Mirror's Edge every now and then :) The parcour part really works. And that's a good thing, because the rest ain't too good...

Offline Alphapug

• That is not dead which can eternal lie. Mad Men
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 1070
  • Mad Men Ambassador and Crew Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2017, 07:11:16 PM »
I played the demo for the original and liked it. When the new one came out I thought it looked good, but I had other games to play, but for one tenth the original price I can't resist. My problem is still having too many great games and not enough time to play them. Well, to be honest, overwatch is so good I just can't put it down. I still play it a ton on PS4 and Xbox.

Offline Chalk

• Administrator
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2017, 04:58:14 PM »
I watched my housemate play it when it first came out. I can understand the appeal for those that are into it but its not really my kind of game.

I have started to look at Motorsport Manager. Seems more my game. It's early days though so I'll let you know what I think once I've played more than 1 race and a bunch of behind the scenes stuff.

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Adios, half soldier
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2017, 06:51:51 AM »
After trying for quite some time, I managed to get a 3 star rating on all dashes :) Mirror's Edge Catalyst is 100% complete now (thumbsup2)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyTmNbn3p5c" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyTmNbn3p5c</a>

Offline Chalk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2017, 08:04:40 AM »
Just watching those rolls made me dizzy. I don't think I could ever play that game with those rolls.

Offline silebyboy

• Tennis is my goal.
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 621
  • Flipmode is the greatest.
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2017, 03:18:26 PM »
Anybody who has a PS Plus subscription should play Life is Strange which is free to download this month.

I played it a short while back and thought it was very good, well worth a try being as it'll cost you nothing extra to give it a go. It's also a very easy platinum for anybody who cares about trophies.

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 795
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2017, 04:33:13 PM »
GTA5 Multiplayer, maybe....... apparently there is a lil update tomorrow ;)

Offline will136

• Saddle Tramp
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2017, 08:37:39 PM »
ha ha ha ... little update ... so funny ... there is an expensive update coming to be more accurate ... to clarify game currency wise that is ... the dlc drops for free ... ha ha ha ...

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1155
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2017, 04:32:32 PM »
There is a free game on Xbox One called "Crossout".  You can design your own Mad Max style vehicle complete with guns from the ground up. You can play co-op and PvP.  It's an MMO so of course you have to pay for all the really good stuff. But, you still can get lots of stuff as you level up. And there's something called a marketplace where you can trade equipment...haven't really checked it out fully.  Not bad for a free game. Only thing I don't like is that you control the vehicle with your left thumb stick....and mine's broken so that's a challenge in itself.

Also downloaded the free trial for Gears of War 4...you get 9 hours of gameplay with the full game. Never played any other Gears game....I'm liking it so far.

Offline will136

• Saddle Tramp
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2017, 08:02:22 AM »
Pretty sure everyone knows about the Steam Summer Sale  that's running right now ... some great buys if your looking for something to tide you over till RDR2 ... but like all good things the sale ends July the 5th ...     (nod)

Offline will136

• Saddle Tramp
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2017, 12:36:27 PM »
got a pretty cheap game for you guys to check out ... actually it is free to play on PS4 and /or PC ... probably on the X box one also ... it's called Fishing Planet ...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0uNhsLmGWA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0uNhsLmGWA</a>
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 07:00:38 PM by will136 »

Offline will136

• Saddle Tramp
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2017, 07:20:27 PM »
love to go fishing but don't have the time or where with all to gather your gear and head out to the lake or stream for a peaceful afternoon or night of fishing ... do i have a game for you ... here is some info quoted from an article on Polygon ... https://www.polygon.com/2017/8/17/16164272/fishing-planet-trailer-ps4-release-date

quote:
"Fishing Planet debuted in August 2015 on Steam Early Access, where it is available as a free-to-play title for Linux/SteamOS, Mac and Windows PC. This trailer confirms a release date of Aug. 29 on PlayStation 4; that version will also be free-to-play. Fishing Planet will support the PS4 Pro (note that the trailer is available in 4K resolution). Fishing Planet bills its game as a first-person fishing simulator, with a dozen fishing playgrounds based on real-life locations along with more than 70 species of fish and a “complex fish AI system.” Fishing Planet also offers online multiplayer fishing, including tournaments and competitive gaming."

they have added night fishing in the game on PC but not on PS4 just yet ... sorry i earlier thought it was available on Xbox one but i don't think so now ...