Username: Password:

Author Topic: Witcher 3  (Read 2646 times)

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1155
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Witcher 3
« on: September 28, 2014, 07:44:14 PM »
I have never played the other games of the Witcher.....but I am fascinated by this new one. 

Has anyone ever played the other Witcher games? Anyone planning on getting this one?

Doesn't look like they've ever made a multiplayer?.... tis a shame.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJlkMAZTEPI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJlkMAZTEPI</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BivVXw-NLTw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BivVXw-NLTw</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4ony2r0QFs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4ony2r0QFs</a>

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1551
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
Re: Witcher 3
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 08:39:34 PM »
It's kind of like a more hardcore Skyrim. I have only played the first one and didn't really like it. I know the second improved a lot of things so I am sure this one is even better.

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
  • Liked: 3924
  • Awards Hash Tag King 2014 Most likely to flee to Mexico Biggest Perv 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 09:05:49 PM »
Witcher 2 was fun but if three is anything like 2, you will need to play the previous games. I was so lost when I played 2.

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Сука Блять
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 10:21:20 PM »
Nah we can do this. I played the first one. You played the second. She plays the third. Then we can link it all together.

Offline Scotty40hands

• City Slicker
  • TWO
  • Liked: 1119
  • TWO Commandant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 11:52:45 PM »
This game is the main reason I got an xbox one. Then of course they pushed the release date back 9 months.....

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 03:06:50 PM »
Well, I got Witcher 2 only because it was on sale real cheap on Xbox.  Still getting used to the gameplay and controls.  The camera angles are kind of awkward. So many potions and crafting! Already had to sell alot of things because I was "carrying too much weight" or whatever it said.  I really have to keep in mind to save my progress every so often and definitely right before I fight something tough.  I am only on Chapter 1....how many chapters are there?  Not really sure what is my main mission (other than finding the kingslayer) and what the side missions are and if I have to complete them all to get to the next chapter. Graphics are pretty good...I got the Enhanced Edition.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 02:06:41 PM »
Just saw this on Facebook  :'(

Dear Gamers,

Ever since we started working on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we knew it would be an ambitious game. We wanted, and still aim, to give you an incredible experience, an epic adventure in a vast, completely open fantasy universe.

The sheer size and complexity of The Witcher, key features of the title, have had a decisive impact on production. Now, nearing the end of our work, we see many details that need to be corrected. When we release the most important game in our studio’s history, we must be absolutely sure that we did everything we could to limit any bugs to a level that will allow you to enjoy the game thoroughly.

With this in mind, we took another look at current workloads and what they mean for the team. Even though everyone is working at full speed, we concluded that we need another 12 weeks, so we are shifting the release date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to May 19th, 2015.

We owe you an apology. We set the release date too hastily. It’s a hard lesson, one to take to heart for the future. We know what we want to do to make Wild Hunt one of the best RPGs you will ever play. And we continue to work hard to achieve just that. So, we apologize and ask for your trust.

Thank you for the all support you show us on a daily basis. We truly do appreciate it. It has fueled us in our passion since the start and will continue to do so.

The Board of CD PROJEKT SA

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 02:26:05 PM »
Some new game footage.  Is it May yet?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgJUL3nN4iI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgJUL3nN4iI</a>

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 10:55:06 AM »
Ok, so....the new update is out today for Blood and Wine DLC.  I have not finished Hearts of Stone.  I am a level 37 almost a 38 and have all the mastercrafted gear which is a level 34. I am having trouble killing some of the new monsters.  I am wondering if I have just been away from this game for so long or have I missed some new gear along the way?  Is there any gear higher than level 34?  What level should I be at with Hearts of Stone? And I know that I don't have all my potions and bombs fully upgraded.

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5488
  • Adios, half soldier
  • Awards Best Contributor 2014
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2016, 11:51:05 AM »
Hearts of Stone is doable from level 30, altough 32 or 34 is recommended.
There is level 38 viper gear, you can aquire the diagrams from the old lady at the auction.
There's also Ofieri gear level 37 (I think) the quest for the diagrams can be started through the merchant over at the windmill.

Which enemies give you trouble?

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2016, 02:55:36 PM »
Hmm, I doubt I'm far along enough to do those missions....or do I just go to those areas and it will spawn for me?  I will check youtube.

I am doing the Scenes from a Marriage quest.  Killed the dude with the big axe in the garden but I am having a heck of a time with the wraith.

I really think I'm having a hard time because I've been away from it too long.... but any advice would be appreciated.  :)

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Adios, half soldier
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2016, 03:26:36 PM »
Destroy the painting as quickly as possible each time it lights up, because she draws health from it. Also, keep hacking and slashing, don't offer her any time for an attack. Good luck :)

Offline Chalk

• Administrator
  • Liked: 828
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2016, 06:06:29 PM »
So I took advantage of the sale currently on and purchased my own copy of the Witcher 3 with all the DLC packs. Took me a good 20 mins to get back into it since I haven't played since about 1-2 weeks after release. Kept hitting the wrong buttons and would put my sword away when trying to use items, or hit the right bumper when I wanted right trigger. Many deaths ensued. I might be in an area with a bit too high levels, but I'm getting back into the swing of things.

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Сука Блять
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2016, 07:10:07 PM »
but I'm getting back into the swing of things.

ha

Offline Chalk

• Administrator
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2016, 06:02:59 AM »

ha

Am I missing a joke somewhere?

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Сука Блять
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 11:39:59 AM »

ha

Because you swing your sword. IT'S A PUN!!!1!!!

Offline Chalk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 05:41:52 AM »

ha

Because you swing your sword. IT'S A PUN!!!1!!!

Oh dear.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2016, 04:34:30 PM »
For those of you who love to play Gwent....there will be a new stand-alone game coming soon!

A beta was mentioned when the standalone version of Witcher 3 card game Gwent was announced, and sign-ups for the test are now live.

The beta is initially limited to Xbox One and PC; the full game is also coming to PS4. If you're on either of the former two platforms, you can register for the beta on the official website. You only need to provide an email address and specify what platform you're interested in playing on.

According to an FAQ, the beta is slated for release in September for both PC and Xbox One, with a PS4 version coming "later." Invites will be sent out in waves by email beginning in September. Players will be accepted based on unspecified internal criteria.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-to-sign-up-for-the-gwent-beta-on-pc-and-xbox-o/1100-6440873/

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Сука Блять
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2016, 07:49:08 PM »
Sweet, It was only a matter of time. I usually don't like card games but Gwent is pretty fun.

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Adios, half soldier
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2016, 04:48:00 PM »
Had no interest in the first 3,5 playthroughs, but started over and i'm hooked! :)

My deck is coming along nicely, altough I need better cards to beat that merchant in Gildorf (the guy that sells Aerameas' artifacts) screw him and his Nilfgaardian spy deck :(