Username: Password:

Author Topic: RDR Sequel - Rumor Round-up!  (Read 10058 times)

Online Floater

• Liked: 21
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RDR Sequel - Rumor Round-up!
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 10:48:29 AM »
That's the same poll where they listed Skyrim 2. So it's for of an educated guess by Ubisoft, I think.

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
  • Liked: 237
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2015, 02:29:28 PM »
Well E3 came and went with no surprises from the Rockstar newswire to steal some of the spotlight. Its hard to guess what they are doing right now as the only confirmed upcoming content is the Ill-Gotten Gains DLC pt2 for GTA Online which has no release date. The voice actor for Franklin recently posted a screenshot of GTA with the caption "coming soon", his second vague hint at upcoming dlc featuring his in-game character.
The absence of anything major being announced like Story DLC for GTAV or another upcoming game is peculiar since the company has done nothing for 3+ years other than platform GTAV 5 times over and build some online additions that are arguably mediocre considering the company in question. Where is a new RDR? A new Midnight Club? Anything other than GTAV/O?
Is it possible that they've learned from previous mistakes of announcing projects way too early and having to deal with the barrage of media and fan scrutiny while they finish them? Are we less than a year away from a new huge game but dont know about it yet? Are they done worrying about timelines and release dates as the insane amount of revenue generated by GTAV/O has given them freedom to do whatever they want, whenever they feel like?

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
  • Liked: 3924
  • Awards Hash Tag King 2014 Most likely to flee to Mexico Biggest Perv 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2015, 11:50:29 PM »
Did anyone see that RDR is the #1 most requested game for Xbox One backwards compatibility?

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503-backwards-compatibility

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2015, 12:24:54 PM »
Its great to see theres still a lot of love for RDR out there. Unfortunately its been noted that games slated to be reverse compatible still require the game's developer to assist in any transitional hurdles that may or may not occur in the process. On top of that the online services are also up to the publisher to provide and maintain. I hope Rockstar is willing to play ball with this, or they could just save some trouble and release a remastered edition!

Offline Lasher_777

• Shooting Star
  • Liked: 93
  • You're supposed to play inverted.
    • View Profile
    • Bounty Hunters 013
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2015, 07:03:32 AM »
or they could just save some trouble and release a remastered edition!

Halleluja! RDR-HD on PC please. Maybe double the amount of users in free roam - some extra game types. Fixed glitches. That's all i'd need.

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2015, 02:08:12 PM »
Well Take Two Interactive announced their unannounced AAA title and it is Mafia 3 which will be revealed at gamescom next month. While there was very little hope that this unannounced title was going to be the next RDR, let alone a Rockstar game, it does solidify the fact that there will be no new Rockstar game until at least April of 2016 when their fiscal year ends.
On the bright, albeit a very dimly lit side, once Mafia 3's release date comes and goes TTI will turn to Rockstar for their next big game, hopefully its a new RDR. This projects their next game, RDR or otherwise, for a late 2016 or early 2017 release. Until then, they'll likely produce some additions to GTAV with an announcement about them coming very soon to solidify a fall/spring lineup for continued revenue from the remaining focus on GTAV/GTAO.

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2015, 08:02:42 PM »
The latest rumors on Rockstar Games
-Rockstar may have attended gamescom 2015 and had a closed door presentation of some kind although others are saying it was simply the Rockstar logo placed on the wall near the Take Two Interactive setup and no Rockstar representatives were actually there.
-Rockstar renewed their trademark for "Agent" on June 8th 2015, securing it once again for a project revealed at E3 2009 that has since been quiet.
-Of the 36 job openings posted on Rockstar's career pages on May 1st 2015, all but 5 have been removed including the most prominent "Lead Technical Production Designer".
-Take Two Interactive (Rockstar Games parent company) CEO Strauss Zelnick confirmed Mafia 3 is the aforementioned unrevealed AAA title slated for fiscal year 2015. TTI's fiscal year runs from April 1st through March 31st and according to Zelnick, there are no other unpcoming games to be revealed for 2015. Rockstar games will likely save any new project reveals for sometime in 2016, to prevent stealing any publicity from Mafia 3 which has no release date at this time, stating "coming 2016" on the game's official announcement trailer.
-GTAV and GTAO currently have no upcoming DLC listed, yet with the game passing 34 million copies sold its unlikely Rockstar is done with the record breaking title. Having spent 3 years since their last project Max Payne 3 solely on producing the game for 5 different platforms. Almost 2 years have passed since its initial release with a number of smaller online DLC's having been presented along with the long awaited multiplayer heists. But recently fans have turned their attention and pleas towards the story mode of GTAV. With voice actors from the game tweeting what seems like hints about additional story in the works for some time now, we can confidently speculate what the company is going to bring next. A company like Rockstar who has a pension for blowing our minds when we least expect it will no doubt wow us once again sometime soon. Grand Theft Auto 4 and Red Dead Redemption both recieved DLC additions that are still in the top 10 all time DLC sales with "The ballad of Gay Tony, The Lost and Damned & Undead Nightmare". Colossal expansions that many fans enjoyed as much if not more than the main storyline. While we're pretty certain we're not getting a new game from Rockstar anytime soon, we're eager to see what they'll add to the juggernaut that is the GTA series, namely GTAV and GTAonline. All signs point to something truly massive, something to compliment and take advantage of the masterpiece that is Los Santos and Blaine County.

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 795
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2015, 05:48:39 PM »
I believe that in the next generation of RDR........... Armadillo which be a more advanced town, it will have a football club complete with stadium.

it will be located a few miles from town at "Hanging Rock"  known as the Hanging Rock stadium

Online Floater

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2015, 04:07:33 AM »
Rockstar announced GTA 5 in October 2011 and it was released almost 2 years later. One thing I think they will not do again is announce a game and then wait 2 years to release it. So, what do you guys think. Announcement in September/October for an autumn 2016 release for the next Red Dead?
That would make it 6.5 years between games.
I can't wait much longer.

Offline silebyboy

• Tennis is my goal.
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 622
  • Flipmode is the greatest.
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2015, 08:41:03 AM »
I think a new RDR being released next year is highly doubtful.

Why don't you think Rockstar would have a 2 year gap between announcement and release again?

Online Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1155
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2015, 12:19:00 PM »
I don't know what to think anymore....thought for sure something would be announced this year for a 2016 release.  I just hope it's not too much longer....we NEED a new Red Dead!

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: RDR Sequel - Rumor Round-up!
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2015, 03:36:42 PM »

Why don't you think Rockstar would have a 2 year gap between announcement and release again?

I think they realized that once they announce something theres a non-stop barrage of media and fan inquiries about when its going to be done and if theres a delay it gets even worse. Im sure they've learned to keep quiet about upcoming releases until their release is imminent, the dlc for gtav/gtao over the past year or so is revealed a week or two ahead of time max. Its a double edged sword for fans as we want to know what theyre working on but getting a one minute trailer and then nothing for a year is equally annoying. Its just bizarre that Rockstar, a company who used to crank out games every year, has no announced upcoming game nor any significant add-ons to their current game which is the only game they've released in 3+years. Whatever theyre working on must be enormous and will set the bar higher once again for the industry, the record sales from GTAV has bought them all the time they need to build another masterpiece without any pressure to produce it quickly.

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5488
  • Adios, half soldier
  • Awards Best Contributor 2014
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2015, 03:54:58 PM »
They will announce it with plenty time to spare until the final release date so they can cash in on the pre orders ;)

Offline silebyboy

• Tennis is my goal.
  • Red River Resistance
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2015, 03:28:57 AM »

I think they realized that once they announce something theres a non-stop barrage of media and fan inquiries about when its going to be done and if theres a delay it gets even worse. Im sure they've learned to keep quiet about upcoming releases until their release is imminent, the dlc for gtav/gtao over the past year or so is revealed a week or two ahead of time max. Its a double edged sword for fans as we want to know what theyre working on but getting a one minute trailer and then nothing for a year is equally annoying. Its just bizarre that Rockstar, a company who used to crank out games every year, has no announced upcoming game nor any significant add-ons to their current game which is the only game they've released in 3+years. Whatever theyre working on must be enormous and will set the bar higher once again for the industry, the record sales from GTAV has bought them all the time they need to build another masterpiece without any pressure to produce it quickly.

I hope you're correct, but won't hold my breath.

Online Floater

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2015, 04:37:08 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_KrWhp029E

not much news, but we take every little bite we get, right?

Offline Chalk

• Administrator
  • Liked: 828
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2015, 02:12:23 PM »
On the point a few posts above:

They aren't going to release a game without several months notice. In fact we are more likely to see at least an 18-24 months period before the initial announcement and game release. Obviously in part to cash in on hype and preorders, that's inevitable. But Rockstar also like to do strategic reveals of certain elements. Think back to when RDR was released, and when GTAV was released. For a couple of months they would reveal little details about the game every few weeks. From characters, story, gameplay elements and multiplayer. Throw in a quick teaser trailer before those and I would say we are likely to see at least 6-7 different trailer type releases before release. Say each are staggered approx 2 weeks apart, and include one at the end for a release/preorder trailer for a few weeks and we're talking at least 4 months of drip fed trailers. Given that Rockstar are also notorious for giving an initial reveal and then no news for months, here is what I think we can expect at best.

Late 2015: We're making a new Red Dead game, woohoo! More info later.
Q1 2016: No news until towards the end when we get a smal teaser trailer.
Q2 2016: Teaser trailer #2
Q3 2016: Finally some info about the game. No release date
Late Q3 2016: Some more info, possible release date set for early-mid 2017, depending on other titles Take Two, etc have going
Q4 2016: Only small bits of info with promise of game details early 2017
Q1 2017: Gameplay and story trailers leading to a possible Q2 release, more than maybe Q3 2017.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, and would love a game within 12 months, but this is the kind of timelines that Rockstar seem to use. Small bits of info spread very far apart. The community will build the hype regardless.

Offline silebyboy

• Tennis is my goal.
  • Red River Resistance
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2015, 02:59:54 PM »
Unfortunately I agree with you K-dog.

Have a safe journey home x

Online Floater

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2015, 03:45:00 PM »
Late 2015: We're making a new Red Dead game, woohoo! More info later.
Q1 2016: No news until towards the end when we get a smal teaser trailer.
Q2 2016: Teaser trailer #2
Q3 2016: Finally some info about the game. No release date
Late Q3 2016: Some more info, possible release date set for early-mid 2017, depending on other titles Take Two, etc have going
Q4 2016: Only small bits of info with promise of game details early 2017
Q1 2017: Gameplay and story trailers leading to a possible Q2 release, more than maybe Q3 2017.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, and would love a game within 12 months, but this is the kind of timelines that Rockstar seem to use. Small bits of info spread very far apart. The community will build the hype regardless.

Maybe I live in a pink bubble, but I don't think that will be the case. They must've learned something from past games. They really wanted to release GTA 5 in march, was it? And they ended up releasing it in september because the polishing wasn't done. That put a lot of pressure on them and made a lot of fans very angry (including myself).
Bethesda got wise from past experiences and announced Fallout 4 when it was basically done. They still get all that sweet preorder cash, and the hype comes automatically with such titles.
So, no win for them announcing it 2 years before they plan to release it.
I say late 2016 for the next Red Dead.

Offline silebyboy

• Tennis is my goal.
  • Red River Resistance
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2015, 03:57:52 PM »
Floater, I'll bet you £10 that there isn't a new Red Dead released next year. You on?

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 795
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2015, 05:13:39 PM »
If there is a new RDR......... they will probably knacker the stagecoaches.  ;)