Username: Password:

Author Topic: RDR Sequel - Rumor Round-up!  (Read 10255 times)

Offline Floater

• Liked: 22
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RDR Sequel - Rumor Round-up!
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2015, 06:50:48 PM »
Floater, I'll bet you £10 that there isn't a new Red Dead released next year. You on?

Fo shizzle, but make it €, your currency is too fancy for me  :P

Offline Chalk

• Administrator
  • Liked: 842
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RDR Sequel - Rumor Round-up!
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2015, 01:35:20 AM »
Having spent the last week in Paris I can tell you I referred to the euro as pound almost all the time.

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 828
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2015, 04:50:39 AM »
Rockstar Games have got to consider remastering RDR for the PS4/XboxOne........ not only for the enhanced graphics, but to include the R* Editor  :)  I sure the Gods at R* would love to make RDR again, the chance to do things what they thought of when they released it.

I would think that the Rockstar Editor feature will be added to ALL the games from now on  8)

Offline silebyboy

• Tennis is my goal.
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 637
  • Flipmode is the greatest.
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2015, 07:51:40 AM »
Give it up Fergi, it ain't gonna happen. There also won't be a sequel for at least another 5 years.

The sooner you get to grips with that, the sooner we can all get on with our lives.

Offline Ferguson99

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2015, 08:26:41 AM »
5 years is understandable....... GTA5 is there most biggest project and they made it as an on-going continuous game.

never say never ;)

I had a Sunday RDR morning........ it took 5 attempts to load free roam, until I discovered a back door 8)

load Story Mode
start private free roam
then go to a public
loaded into a half fill session :)

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
  • Liked: 238
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2015, 08:15:42 PM »
Nothing like a slow day at work to allow the means for a rant, read at your own risk...

This latest GTAV dlc the "Lowrider" update is very interesting since it marks the first time that the content is substantial, yet online only. Why is this interesting you may ask? Because the disparity of costs for items in single player versus the same items in online is enormous, online prices are sometimes quadruple that of single player. If you want a Lowrider fully decked out in GTA, youre gonna fork over some serious coin and theres no previewing them with Franklin, Trevor and Michaels' almost unlimited bankroll. Nope, Rockstar is now making it's biggest push to boost Shark card sales by offering ridiculously overpriced aesthetic features exclusively for online play, with an incoming Halloween DLC that will feature masks priced at 30k minimum along with a couple vehicles at 500-700k that boast poor performance but will surely impress your friends and NPC pedestrians in Los Santos. "So what's the big deal, at least theyre rolling out new content for players to enjoy and if you dont want it, dont buy it." Yes thats it exactly, I personally havent given Rockstar a real life penny for any of this GTA Online dlc and im pleased that its there in case I do want to spend some of my online earnings on it, I certainly have bought a few cars and clothes over the past 2 years that weren't available on October 1st 2013, and will probably continue to do so. So again, what's the big deal? Well it would seem to me that there must be a pretty large number of people out there that DO purchase Shark Cards everytime theres an update which encourages Rockstar to keep building them, and thats fine but Rockstar doesn't seem to be doing anything else. There has been no single player content added and there really hasnt been anything for a casual GTA online player to enjoy either, unless you have a lot of friends that play frequently, its hard to complete many of the heists, missions and other activities with a group of complete strangers. GTA is a franchise that started out as a giant playground for the player to interact with, explore and conquer alone.
As games become more and more focused on online interaction, both competitive and cooperative, the industry is now offering an increasing number of games that do not include a story whosoever. Maybe im just a little old fashioned but I feel the best games have both great story mode and online mode with RDR being my favorite of all time, so much so that I still use it as the measuring stick for all the games I've played since. I certainly didn't think that Rockstar would ever become an online focused company, as they're notorious for being amongst the best storytellers in all outlets of entertainment. But there's quite an alarming trend going on at RS, there's been an absolute disregard for us fans who love to vicariously live out the storylines of the characters we control through their games. I enjoy their games so much I feel like the $60 I fork over for them is the best entertainment dollar I can spend, I know its hard work producing that level of detail and I hope to give them a lot more cash in the future for comparable content.

So what is the future of Rockstar Games? No clue. At present they seem to be content to milk GTA online for every penny they can get by releasing unimaginative cars clothes and guns, recycled game modes, all the while ignoring the fact that the game has a very miniscule amount of challenge and strategy with no sign of an upgrade forthcoming. Folks are assuming the next game from Rockstar is a new installment of RDR, thankfully this appears to be the case as their San Diego studio which spearheaded the development of the past RDR's is clearly at work on something big, hiring a massive staff of highly qualified game designers over the past year. The wording in the descriptions of said positions definitely had a noticeable emphasis on multiplayer capabilities, but they also had explicit requisites for storytelling. Its anyone's guess as to what it will be like, will Rockstar prioritze a massive online map full of mediocre activities to get bored with quickly, neglecting any long term goals for the player to attain? Or, will it be a balance of story and multiplayer with deeply immersive strategy and offerings of creativity? Hopefully GTAV was just a money grab stepping stone that secured the financial foundation needed to construct future games of superior and elaborate gameplay, and not the true new business model this fan has gradually noted and fears may become the norm.

Offline ComeAtMeBrah

• LORD - Legends of Red Dead
  • Liked: 921
  • Awards Best at RDR 2014 Worst member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2015, 04:45:56 AM »

I was really hoping they would keep it simple with the next RDR like they did with Red Dead Redemption.  I wouldn't be mad if the new RDR was just like Redemption but with better graphics, bigger map, and a few other additions like Creator.

I always thought they packed too much stuff into GTA5 which is why it takes forever to load and half the time you're stuck looking at clouds or why the game freezes often.  Thats one of the reasons I like RDR over it and I know some of my friends agree.  With RDR you can put it in and be in a session within seconds.  And you can go from session to session with friends, something I can't believe GTA left out.

I also wouldn't mind if they kept the entire Rockstar Crew thing out of the new RDR, but you KNOW thats not gonna happen.

Offline Kazzy

• Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 3114
  • Midas Touch
  • Awards Best GFX 2014 Best graphics artist
    • View Profile
    • Red Dead Fan
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2015, 06:46:42 AM »

I was really hoping they would keep it simple with the next RDR like they did with Red Dead Redemption.  I wouldn't be mad if the new RDR was just like Redemption but with better graphics, bigger map, and a few other additions like Creator.

I always thought they packed too much stuff into GTA5 which is why it takes forever to load and half the time you're stuck looking at clouds or why the game freezes often.  Thats one of the reasons I like RDR over it and I know some of my friends agree.  With RDR you can put it in and be in a session within seconds.  And you can go from session to session with friends, something I can't believe GTA left out.

I also wouldn't mind if they kept the entire Rockstar Crew thing out of the new RDR, but you KNOW thats not gonna happen.

I completely agree!

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1561
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2015, 03:20:31 PM »

That can be improved with better hardware and loading scripts. I know there are games from decades ago that still take forever to load because they were coded poorly. And lets not pretend that modern games are well designed in that regard. It's something they could fix but don't feel the need to since it isn't exactly a deal breaker for most people.

Offline Kazzy

• Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 3114
  • Midas Touch
  • Awards Best GFX 2014 Best graphics artist
    • View Profile
    • Red Dead Fan
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2015, 03:39:32 AM »
Let's hope we don't have to purchase a horse for online play, or insure the damn thing....better not see any shark cards either!!!

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1215
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2015, 11:29:22 AM »
Or when you get shot by the sheriff and your horse gets impounded. LOL!

I do hope the new Red Dead will have outfits to purchase at the tailor and properties to purchase like a ranch home similar to Marston's....a fancy hotel room in Blackwater....build a log cabin in the woods up in Cochinay/Tall Trees.

Offline Floater

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2015, 06:37:53 PM »

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2015, 10:49:08 AM »
Well we can only hope that 2016 game is a new rdr, im still not a believer though. I think Rockstar is still making too much money from GTA online to jeopardize that with another game. On the bright side, they are taking their sweet time with whatever theyre making which is usually a good thing in terms of quality. We'll probably see an announcement about another RDR in 2016 with no release window, which will likely mean a year of torture for us while we wait for the patented Rockstar info trickle.
The massive success of GTA online will probably sway them to develop a similar online realm for their future games which is a double edged sword. On the one hand its nice to have a lot of freedom to do whatever you want but it can be difficult to find players to join you in many of the activities. The old west didn't have expensive cars, clothes, high end apartments so the economy in GTA online that is booming wont really apply to a RDR online. It will be interesting to see how and what they dangle in front of us to sell "outlaw cards" or whatever. Lets just hope the San Diego studio learns from GTA online's mistakes (let face it there's too many to list) and picks up where Redemption left off while adding lots of activities for players to enjoy.
Something more challenging than earn money-buy stuff-repeat would be much appreciated as theres very few ways to set yourself apart from everyone else in GTAO, give us some incentive to complete tasks other than a tattoo nobody can see or dull weapon tints that sucked compared to the ones you can level unlock. Chasing golden guns and titles in RDR was a nice side quest of sorts and made up for the lack of avatars customization. Map size is also something im interested to see, RDR's map was perfect for 16 players and had plenty of structures to interact with while GTAV'S map is enormous and has very few areas you're not vulnerable to air attacks. Less is more when it comes to an open world if you ask me.

Offline Floater

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2015, 08:51:22 AM »
Has anyone read the news of the former Rockstar employee who did a Reddit AMA? When asked what Rockstar was working on when he left his answer was: "Really? Dumbass. Really? Two."

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2015, 01:13:56 PM »
Has anyone read the news of the former Rockstar employee who did a Reddit AMA? When asked what Rockstar was working on when he left his answer was: "Really? Dumbass. Really? Two."
Link?

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2015, 01:30:38 PM »
Found this as I was looking for another video....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXw0sXnB5QE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXw0sXnB5QE</a>

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2015, 01:53:29 PM »
I think I could be having the worst day I've ever had in my life, but if I were to then go on the web and see an announcement about a new RDR, id be cured of all that ails me.

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2015, 08:50:58 PM »
Here's an interesting snippet, at first glance I thought it meant their next game was not a new RDR, but alas its not really news.
https://youtu.be/tkDoTYInQjQ

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2015, 04:19:42 PM »
I don't want any more rumors...I want rock solid official news.   (breakPC)

Hey Rockstar, how about for your new year's resolution you give the Red Dead fans something they've been waiting for!!!!   (stern)

Offline Ferguson99

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2015, 05:12:11 PM »
Our ganing gods at Rockstar Games are surely going to live off GTA Online for a couple more years yet........ loadsa updates of goodies  (thumbsup2)