Username: Password:

Author Topic: [TV] Pretty Little Liars  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Chalk

• Administrator
  • Liked: 828
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[TV] Pretty Little Liars
« on: August 21, 2015, 11:46:02 AM »
So this is one TV show I've avoided watching until it was far enough in that I could binge watch multiple seasons at a time. Its just how I do things.

Seeing as I've been hearing people talk about one of the more recent episodes where apparently "A" gets revealed I decided it was time to start watching it in the hope I can catch up before it gets spoiled for me. So I've been on the binge watch for nearly a week now and I'm up to the early episodes of season 3.
Also, starting to really enjoy watching the actresses and knowing all about them. Even to the point where I've added their snapchat accounts, which is actually a really good way to generate good PR. Even though its not directly related to the show, its good to see them as "real people" and not just some "on screen person". Its good to see more people using things like snapchat and periscope to give a candid look at the day to day life, rather than scripted twitter feeds and instagram posts.

For those who watch it, who is your favourite character?

Offline Kazzy

• Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 3096
  • Midas Touch
  • Awards Best GFX 2014 Best graphics artist
    • View Profile
    • Red Dead Fan
    • Awards
Re: [TV] Pretty Little Liars
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 05:13:13 PM »
I really like Aria and I'm a fan of Mona too. That show draws you in something bad! I must admit I was checking out all the A theories before the big reveal at the end of the season, I was happy with who it was but there were a lot if angry fans out there!!

Offline Chalk

• Administrator
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 08:03:11 PM »
I like Aria. I think if I were to date any of the female lead characters she would be most likely to be my "type". That said I also love Spender. She's got legs for days! <3

In terms of other characters I have enjoyed Lucas' role in the early seasons, as I can think I can associate with them a bit. Although he's getting darker at the moment.

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1551
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 11:43:59 PM »
I thought this was another teenage drama judging by the title. It is actually good then? What would you compare it to?

Offline Chalk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[TV] Pretty Little Liars
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 01:02:06 AM »
I've never watched gossip girl but I feel it was be more like a teenage based version of this perhaps? (Anyone with more experience with gossip girl please clue me in)

It's based around teens in their last few years of high school and has a really good mystery/drama element to keep you guessing all through the series.

Offline Kazzy

• Rockstar Gamers
  • Midas Touch
    • View Profile
    • Red Dead Fan
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 04:48:58 AM »
I've never seen Gossip Girl but have heard that there are simaliarties between the 2 shows.
They're doing a 4 year jump ahead when the show returns so that should be intersting to see :)

Offline Chalk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 09:10:30 AM »
I've never seen Gossip Girl but have heard that there are simaliarties between the 2 shows.
They're doing a 4 year jump ahead when the show returns so that should be intersting to see :)

It will probably suit the actors a bit more, as they would then be playing very close to their actual ages. In fact Lucy Hale (who plays Aria) is around 6 months younger than I am, making her 26. So if they did a 4 year jump ahead by my calculations that would be very close to what age she actually is.

Offline Kazzy

• Rockstar Gamers
  • Midas Touch
    • View Profile
    • Red Dead Fan
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 11:06:29 PM »

It will probably suit the actors a bit more, as they would then be playing very close to their actual ages. In fact Lucy Hale (who plays Aria) is around 6 months younger than I am, making her 26. So if they did a 4 year jump ahead by my calculations that would be very close to what age she actually is.

Very true!  I remember reading somewhere that the actress that plays Alison is the youngest out of the girls in real life, that completely surprised me!

Offline Chalk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 11:40:57 PM »
I've finally finished season 3 and onto season 4. What concerns me is that Netflix only has up to season 4 at the moment. So unless they release season 5 before I finish watching it I may have to buy the DVD of season 5. Which in itself isn't a major issue but would be a bit more annoying.

Also, hopefully by that stage season 6 is airing in Australia or something.

Offline Kazzy

• Rockstar Gamers
  • Midas Touch
    • View Profile
    • Red Dead Fan
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 12:14:06 AM »
I tend to watch shows like this online :)

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1551
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 01:22:37 AM »
You're lucky you're in Australia or I would have the FBI all over you for that scandalous link.

Offline Kazzy

• Rockstar Gamers
  • Midas Touch
    • View Profile
    • Red Dead Fan
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 01:34:52 AM »
You're lucky you're in Australia or I would have the FBI all over you for that scandalous link.

:P

Offline Chalk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 01:35:30 AM »
I tend to watch shows like this online :)

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.