Username: Password:

Author Topic: red ded multiplayer broken  (Read 1560 times)

Offline spiritwolf1954

• have gun will travel [ paladin ]
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
    • http://spiritwolf1954chatan.friendhood.net
    • Awards
red ded multiplayer broken
« on: September 16, 2015, 05:07:05 PM »
 >:( i returned to red dead redemption and went to multiplayer and cannot see other players even if they are next to me there are people at macfarlanes ranch  laid on the floor moaning and if you shoot one the screen goes hazy do you know of a fix for this problem thank you
The wolf is neither mans competitor nor his enemy. He is a fellow creature with whom the earth must be shared.
~ L. David Mech

Offline silebyboy

• هذا هو في اللغة العربية
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 604
  • Flipmode is the greatest.
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: red ded multiplayer broken
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 06:13:13 PM »
I'm afraid there is no fix, it's well and truly buggered.

You can always play online private mode, that's works fine provided you haven't played in a buggered up public session first.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1133
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 12:41:38 PM »
Ughhhh, you're kidding me......are you on 360, Spiritwolf?

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 814
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 12:52:49 PM »
This is just about the only time I've heard of a major title having multiplayer permanently damaged without a fix. One would think that if whatever the modders did to the servers they could restore them periodically to at least get some uninfected servers online most of the time.

Or am I misreading what the issues are?

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1133
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 01:37:35 PM »
I think there's just too many modders out there that just do whatever they do over and over again...so it is useless for them to keep repairing the servers.  The modders are in complete control and it's just up to them to say when it will be broken or fixed and they do it.  Long time ago it used to be where they could spawn horses and make it snow and other simple things like that and the game ran just fine. But, they weren't happy with that...they have to go in and change the files - the actual programming of the game - to play like they want it to.  To me, it just doesn't seem like a server problem... it is a problem with modders taking over the game and controlling it from their computers and homemade discs. The game only works when you are in a private session (without modders) and have not been in an infected public session...it's the same server, right?

I don't know...I could be wrong, I've just heard some modders and modders' friends talking in parties. They are absolutely obsessed with modding and all the wars that come with it.  I hope I am wrong and when Red Dead gets on the One I hope that Rockstar can come up with a permanent fix.

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 814
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 04:29:22 PM »
We can only hope. Both that RDR gets transported to the One (haven't seen any definitive proof that it will be one of the titles coming next month when backwards compatibility gets launched), as well as the servers get some sort of protection against the modders.

Its surprising that a check that no game files have been edited doesn't get performed on people joining and therefore prevent them from joining or something. If only the modders put that talent into something useful.

Offline ComeAtMeBrah

• LORD - Legends of Red Dead
  • Liked: 921
  • Awards Best at RDR 2014 Worst member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 09:33:13 PM »
Ughhhh, you're kidding me......are you on 360, Spiritwolf?

The game is still working on 360, for now.

I really don't know what would possess someone to break a game just so that nobody can play it.  Some people really need to get out more.

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2544
  • Awards Best Mod 2014 Most Helpful 2014 Most like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 05:27:11 PM »
I think there's just too many modders out there that just do whatever they do over and over again...so it is useless for them to keep repairing the servers.  The modders are in complete control and it's just up to them to say when it will be broken or fixed and they do it.  Long time ago it used to be where they could spawn horses and make it snow and other simple things like that and the game ran just fine. But, they weren't happy with that...they have to go in and change the files - the actual programming of the game - to play like they want it to.  To me, it just doesn't seem like a server problem... it is a problem with modders taking over the game and controlling it from their computers and homemade discs. The game only works when you are in a private session (without modders) and have not been in an infected public session...it's the same server, right?

I don't know...I could be wrong, I've just heard some modders and modders' friends talking in parties. They are absolutely obsessed with modding and all the wars that come with it.  I hope I am wrong and when Red Dead gets on the One I hope that Rockstar can come up with a permanent fix.

If rockstar or the Microsoft enforcement team had addressed the modding issue when it initially became a problem years ago it probably wouldn't have come to this.  The modders would either be console banned or forced to play fair in fear of being console banned, long before this...whatever it is...was discovered.

Offline Ucah8er

• Won't let the sun go down on me
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 2555
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted to have made the Best musical contribution Best Signature 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 09:58:19 AM »
it is truly broken. Enemies don't even spawn anymore for me :^)