Username: Password:

Author Topic: A new Red Dead to be released in Q4?  (Read 9006 times)

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 816
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A new Red Dead to be released in Q4?
« on: February 07, 2016, 07:31:40 AM »
Rumours over the weekend that a new Red Dead game could indeed be previewed at E3 this year, with a potential Q4 release this year. It would be an unprecedented step for Rockstar to release a game with such a short period of hype but certainly wouldn't be complaining if that was the case.

The release date of "Red Dead Redemption 2" has been revealed which will be on the fourth quarter of the year. But before the launching, gamers can have a sneak peek of the forthcoming video game at the 2016 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) which will be held in June at the Los Angeles Convention Center in California.

The release of the "Red Dead Redemption" in 2010 was considered a success for its publisher Rockstar Games. Many fans from all over the world are now anticipating for the new installment of the "Red Dead" series.

In a statement, Strauss Zelnick, the CEO of Take-Two Interactive which is the parent company of Rockstar Games confirmed that a sequel of Red Dead Redemption is already at work. He also stated that the video game series will become a permanent franchise.

"I pretty much know the ones that I can assure you are permanent. It's obvious that GTA is a permanent franchise as long as we keep delivering this incredible quality; it seems quite obvious that 'Red Dead' is a permanent franchise, again with the same caveat, or Borderlands, for example, and NBA and others," Zelnick stated.

In terms of setting, theories have circulated on the web stating that the video game will have its setting in Japan. This is quite strange since the game is primarily focused on the Western area. Other reports also stated that more states in the U.S. will be added into the new game which include Utah, Arizona, Denver, New Mexico, Texas, Mexico, South Dakota and Louisiana.

The developer of the upcoming title has not yet confirmed any of the rumors. Little information about the game has also been provided.

"Red Dead Redemption 2" will be available on different platforms such as the Xbox One, PS4 and PC this coming Oct. 2016.
Source

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5479
  • Adios, half soldier
  • Awards Best Contributor 2014
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
Re: A new Red Dead to be released in Q4?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 08:46:47 AM »
After the new Witcher DLC, Far Cry Primal and DOOM, a new RDR would make this one of the best gaming years in decades!

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2544
  • Awards Best Mod 2014 Most Helpful 2014 Most like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 09:45:50 AM »
They can take 5 more years if they have to, just make it right and make it work.

Offline Floater

• Liked: 21
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 03:48:57 AM »
They can take 5 more years if they have to, just make it right and make it work.

you're nuttier than a squirrel turd.  ;)

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
  • Liked: 3924
  • Awards Hash Tag King 2014 Most likely to flee to Mexico Biggest Perv 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 04:58:02 AM »
It would be an unprecedented step for Rockstar to release a game with such a short period of hype but certainly wouldn't be complaining if that was the case.

The less hype the better, these days hype is killing all of the big titles.

Offline Floater

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 11:35:56 AM »
So far there's only one site that broke these "news" and all other sites are naming this one site as their source, so I don't think this is credible. I haven't even heard of them before.
It has been 6.5 years since RDR so it's about time they come out with a new one.

Offline Valjean

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2457
  • Writing names on my hollowtips
  • Awards Best admin Best Admin 2014 Most Like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 11:42:55 AM »
Well let's all say a bedtime prayer for the crispness of RDR controls instead of the shit controls of Max Payne & others....

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1137
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 06:05:06 AM »
Could this possibly lead to more solid information on a new Red Dead? Or is it just more speculation?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9um-zu7upZU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9um-zu7upZU</a>

Webcast scheduled for March 8, 2016 at 9:45 a.m. Eastern Time

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 17, 2016-- Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTWO) today announced that Karl Slatoff, the Company’s President, plans to present at the Piper Jaffray Interactive Entertainment & Technology Symposium in New York City. The Company’s presentation is scheduled for Tuesday, March 8, 2016 at 9:45 a.m. Eastern Time. A link to the live webcast of the presentation will be available via the Company’s website at http://ir.take2games.com. A replay of the presentation will be archived and available at the same location.

Source:  http://ir.take2games.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=86428&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2139933&highlight

Offline Floater

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 04:07:34 PM »
http://gamerant.com/take-two-e3-2016/

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it...

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
  • Liked: 237
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 07:17:25 PM »
I can just imagine some time in the future ill sit down in front of my PS4 and select the application titled "Red Dead ______", and giggle like a child opening a huge Xmas present. The brand new animation displaying a "Rockstar San Diego Presents" accompanied by the crackling gunfire of late a 19th century revolver, followed by loading screens portraying the protagonist spur-deep in various old west predicaments. After the game has revealed itself for a few moments i'll pause the action to take a look at the map of New Austin 2.0, and begin to envision posse'ing up with friends to explore the newfound locales offered to my eyes by Rockstar's digital artists. Will new memories be made in place of those made back in 2010 when we would still get lost on the expanse of fields in the Great plains and the winding pathways of Perdido, having to slow our horse while we paused to set a waypoint? Will we be surprised by a fantastical new mount like the first time we saw a ZebraDonkey? Unlike the real world, we wont be angered when our friends use our heads as target practice for trying out a shiny new rifle, in fact, we'll probably want to whistle for our horse to get back in the dust-up for a chance at revenge with a new weapon of our own. The sounds of gunfire in the distance warn of another posse of players approaching, will they join in our shenanigans or attempt to dispatch us, sending us into limbo as we watch the kill cam reveal the cowpokes responsible for our respawn. Outnumbered and outgunned, we trade kills with the unwelcome invaders but grow weary of the contest, our horses unable to keep us safe so we hitch a ride on a passing train heading to the next town. After a short ride we bail from the box cars as one of us spots a collection of wildlife in a not too far off prairie. Moving in amongst the blowing tumbleweeds we ready our weapons, training our sites on the critters needed to advance our hunting challenges. In a collective roar we charge in shooting everything in sight, including an NPC passerby who is thrown from his horse with a loud "Wilhelm" scream as he meets his demise. After the onslaught we take a few minutes to review our journals and take in the ambient chirps of birds, background music harmonica melodies and occasional howl of a wolf or coyote. As the sun sets in this massive new world where we've barely made a footprint, I let out a yawn as I've spent hours and hours playing the game and neglecting my real life sleep schedule. After some GG's and "good night y'all"s, I retire back to single player where I find myself unable to turn off my console without having a go at a mission. After meeting a few new characters I realize ill never see John Marston again, but it's all right as im already enjoying a vicarious adventure where the real star of these games is the old west.

Offline silebyboy

• هذا هو في اللغة العربية
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 610
  • Flipmode is the greatest.
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 02:29:28 PM »
I'm glad it's not just me who sacrifices sleep for another hour or two of gaming.

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2016, 04:27:45 PM »
When I first started playing Red Dead and Skyrim, I was sacrificing sleep for weeks.

Offline MuertosRojos

• Liked: 1002
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 04:22:05 AM »
As long as they nerf Gus Ballard I'll be happy.

Offline silebyboy

• هذا هو في اللغة العربية
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 610
  • Flipmode is the greatest.
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 05:53:20 PM »
Meurtos! How's it going?

Offline Floater

• View Profile
    • Awards

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2544
  • Awards Best Mod 2014 Most Helpful 2014 Most like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2016, 09:20:10 AM »
Another cool thing is that Microsoft just announced their new cross console play feature, and with it an open invitation to Sony and other consoles to join in for 3rd party cross console games.  So there's a possibility we could all be playing together on one game next time we have a red dead, instead of on seperate consoles and servers.

And with that being said, I'll go ahead and apologize for the behavior of some of our xbox players now.  Know that not all of us act like that and we are truly embarrassed to be associated with those that lack sportsmanship.

Offline Craigyroo

• New gen zen(^_^)
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5496
  • Stranger thing.
  • Awards PS3 Online Pro Best signature Awarded to the member judged to have the best MP secret
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2016, 10:08:31 AM »
Playstation Network has its fair share of miscreants too , but it's a small price to pay for cross platform multiplaying, Re Red Dead sequel , I just want an official announcement, I actually quite like Max Payne's control system Valjean but if they can refine RDR's set up I'll be delighted.
<-- Click to view live stream of my gameplay.

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
  • Liked: 237
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2016, 03:20:27 PM »
Another new rumor!

http://gamerant.com/red-dead-redemption-2-release-date-337/

A RDR Remastered for fall of this year and a new RDR next year? This is my favorite rumor so far, unfortunately that doesn't make it any more likely to be true...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 04:22:27 PM by MrYoungGun »

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2016, 04:21:28 PM »
I think a lot of the current rumours floating about are actually the same ones just being repeated by different websites. At the moment the only real "source" is Take-Two saying they will be at E3 "in a big way", and then this anonymous source from Reddit (IIRC) that stated the name will be RDR2: Legends of the West, having multiple playable characters, with two being Seth and Irish.

However I take this with a massive grain of salt, because I'm not sure if they will go with the RDR2 naming convention. Would seem weird to me if they did instead of change the last word like they did with Revolver to Redemption. I mean they could, if they are wanting to kind of have Revolver appear to be very separate from any of the future titles, but I've always been a fan of something like Red Dead Revolution as a name etc.
The only info could easily be a guess. Having multiple playable characters isn't breaking new ground. GTAV having them makes it easy to guess at it being possible for future releases. However I don't think I want multiple characters this time round. In GTAV I mostly played as Michael, as I felt I related to him more. Also helped it being my Real World™ name. One of the things I loved about Red Dead Redemption was how close you felt to John and the relationship you built with him as a character, and then the devastating moment when he died at the yet (spoilers I know, but really if you're reading this topic and so long after game release you kinda only have yourself to blame). If that love is split between 3 characters I'm not sure how much you'll grow attached to them all. However I do have faith in Rockstar being able to tell a good enough story though.

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1547
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2016, 07:07:28 PM »
That is such bullshit. No way it is "RDR2: Legends of the West." That sounds like a $2 DLC for an Ubisoft game.