Username: Password:

Author Topic: A new Red Dead to be released in Q4?  (Read 9490 times)

Offline Floater

• Liked: 22
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: A new Red Dead to be released in Q4?
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2016, 07:25:53 AM »
Well, a good actor has range. Look at Troy Baker. The protagonist in Shadow of Mordor, the friggin Joker in Arkham, and Joel in The Last Of Us.

Online Chalk

• Administrator
  • Liked: 841
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2016, 07:05:14 PM »
As we get closer and closer to E3 (literally 7 days until the conferences start) I get more and more anxious. If a new and/or remastered title gets announced then its awesome to have something new to talk about. It may even start to drive some activity and hype. However if one isn't announced, does that kill a bunch of the hype train currently floating around the internet?
I'd hope not but if people think their hope of an announcement is gone do they stop taking about it? Rockstar are clearly working on something and you'd think an announcement can't be too far away, but will they forego E3 in favour of doing it on their own terms?

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1213
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2016, 02:22:17 PM »
I am so afraid to get my hopes up for any kind of announcement, but all these rumors and speculations are driving me crazy.  I feel like something will happen soon either way though. How's that saying go....expect the worst, hope for the best....

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
  • Liked: 238
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A new Red Dead to be released in Q4?
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2016, 04:58:53 PM »
As much as i want to see a new RDR, i think the chance of that is very slim as TTI will want to show off Mafia 3 in hopes of building hype and an announcement of a new RDR would hurt that. It seems more prudent of a business strategy to wait until after M3 is released to reveal what Rockstar is working on, so im thinking more like November for the big reveal. That would  also fit the timeline for a year of previews before it is released sometime after April 1st 2017, which we all know is TTI's fiscal year transition date, they will have likely milked GTA online for all its worth by then too.
However just because they arent ready to reveal a NEW RDR, doesnt mean the whole backwards compatible/remastered versions arent on the table, Rockstar is a company that loves to re-do and re-release its older games on newer platforms. They put out San Andreas on ps3/360 just before GTAV came out, for $15 iirc. The only concern i have is with the multiplayer since its been problematic for years and they may not want to deal with it going forward. It would be a massive disappointment if a BC/RM was revealed but did not include online play, hell they might as well make it available on iphone/android if its going to be story only.

Offline Floater

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2016, 01:30:36 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWOo_4xiI1Q

go to the very end of the video, around the 55 minute mark. This Shinobi guy has, so far, been a very reliable source in the gaming industry.

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
  • Liked: 3929
  • Awards Hash Tag King 2014 Most likely to get bucked off his horse Most likely to flee to Mexico
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2016, 01:43:26 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWOo_4xiI1Q

go to the very end of the video, around the 55 minute mark. This Shinobi guy has, so far, been a very reliable source in the gaming industry.

Ah yes, nothing like taking the word of the fat guy who betrays everyone in Jurassic Park!

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
  • Liked: 238
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2016, 01:09:21 PM »
Still waiting for this "Big Splash" that Strauss Zelnick proclaimed

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2567
  • Awards Best Mod 2014 Most Helpful 2014 Most like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2016, 03:20:32 PM »
Yeah...nothing at microsoft.  Guess that means no BC.  Now I guess our hope is remaster or sequel?

Does anyone know when/where take two is supposed to be?

Offline Floater

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2016, 10:03:00 PM »

Online Chalk

• Administrator
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2016, 10:46:11 PM »
http://gamerant.com/red-dead-redemption-2-gamescom-rumor/

I want to believe.

I would love it if there is some sort of announcement at Gamescon but I remember reading somewhere that even though Take-Two will be there, Rockstar actually isn't attending. Which makes me think Take-Two will be focused on Mafia III, given that its due to be released quite soon and there is no way they would announce a new Red Dead without Rockstar being the ones to do it.

Offline Floater

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2016, 02:41:02 PM »

Online Chalk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2016, 05:49:42 PM »
Rumours are once again abound. If it's not that something will happen at gamescon it's now that something will be revealed at the PlayStation meeting on Sept 7th. This is where the Neo is supposed to be announced.

I'll be keeping a keen eye on this, although with a strong sense of pessimism. It would be unusual for it to be announced at such an event, unless there's some exclusivity to it or perhaps an announcement of a VR version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Lutten

• Run Devil Run
  • Liked: 39
  • Out of Time
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2016, 11:45:12 AM »
Well let's all say a bedtime prayer for the crispness of RDR controls instead of the shit controls of Max Payne & others....
Max Payne controls weren't that bad on PS3. But hey, we can surely pray for a PC release sooner if a new RDR comes out.

Online Chalk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2016, 08:04:51 PM »
Playstation event on tomorrow so the rumours are getting more and more pronounced. There's even been a few posts going round social media forums about some leaked photos of a care package or something a guy was gonna send to Rockstar. Included a fairly well made poster pictured below.

Offline Dr Friedlander

• Liked: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2016, 04:44:54 PM »
I just got out of a session with Trevor (Michael wanted me to psychoanalyze him)  and I caught the  headline from a newspaper in the wainting room.

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5496
  • Adios, half soldier
  • Awards Best Contributor 2014
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2016, 06:47:29 AM »
You are weird or what?

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1213
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2016, 12:23:09 PM »
"wainting room"???  That must be the room where you faint because you've been waiting too long.

Offline Dr Friedlander

• Liked: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2016, 04:06:32 PM »
"You are weird or what?"

Do you need to talk about it? 

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5496
  • Adios, half soldier
  • Awards Best Contributor 2014
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2016, 04:27:07 PM »
lol I think you need some time on the couch... :)

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
  • Liked: 3929
  • Awards Hash Tag King 2014 Most likely to get bucked off his horse Most likely to flee to Mexico
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2016, 03:38:54 PM »
"You are weird or what?"

Do you need to talk about it? 

$50 this is Ferguson or whatever his name is now. You know, the guy who was obsessed with Casteyn & that stupid island survival TV thing...