Username: Password:

Author Topic: Do you think RDR will be backwards compatible soon?  (Read 4795 times)

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2544
  • Awards Best Mod 2014 Most Helpful 2014 Most like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Do you think RDR will be backwards compatible soon?
« on: May 13, 2016, 01:16:45 PM »
The easy, obvious answer is yes.  When it was accidentally released a month or two ago, it's a reasonable conclusion to think it's coming soon and they just jumped the gun a bit.

But the more suspicious side of me has me wondering if its that close to happening.

After watching this video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b86VCCPFf5s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b86VCCPFf5s</a>

Specifically, the official statement regarding the accidental release, xbox says they test "all 360 games" for quality before considering them for backwards compatibility.

At first this sounds exciting. If they're testing the game, that means they're working on it, right?  Well, if you played RDR and the servers were all jacked up, would you consider that quality? 

Part of me can see them testing it, realizing it's jacked up beyond repair, and passing on it altogether.   The game has been broken for 2 years now, and rockstar hasnt shown any kind of ability to fix it or any true desire to do so since then.  If they haven't yet, what makes us think they will?

Ultimately it seems like it's up to Rockstar to fix it before XBL would put it up, otherwise what's the point?  And rockstars track record when it comes to dealing with RDR problems, isn't the best.  All the way back to rapid fire, to the modders, then to the breaking of the servers entirely...

Convince me I'm wrong please. :p. I want to be wrong and I want to believe They're just waiting until closer to the release of the next game to help build up hype for the game.  I want to see announcement at E3, backwards comp this year, release in Q3 of 2017...but I can't convince myself.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1136
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Do you think RDR will be backwards compatible soon?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 02:02:01 PM »
I really don't think there's anything they can do to fix the game.  It is playable and it was working fine for a couple of weeks.  It's the modders who break the game over and over. They have cracked the codes/files.  They are the ones in control.  It seems to me that that the game isn't worth any more of Rockstar's time.  The only way I would guess that they could stop them would be to change out the servers.....but why would Rockstar go through that for a game that is 6 years old?  Maybe it would be harder to mod once it goes - IF it goes - bc on the One...maybe it wouldn't. For some reason, the modders can't leave that game alone.  I can deal with glitchers but the modders ruin it for everyone.

I would love for Red Dead to become backwards compatible but if I can't play it because modders have taken over....it's just not worth it.  Rockstar needs to focus on getting us a new game with better servers and making it mod-proof....if that's possible. Or at least make it where modders are banned.  I hope that Rockstar has learned from all the experiences on Red Dead and GTA and how to make the new game even more difficult to mod and have tougher penalties for those that cheat.

I have read some articles saying that there is not going to be an announcement regarding the new Red Dead at E3. That leaked map might be the map for Mafia 3. And that the new title "Legends of the West" is not true.  (didn't think it was because it sounds too corny/cliche to me anyway) . 

So were back to square one with a bunch of false rumors and wondering when and if.  I want a new game now...we all do, but I'd rather have a game that is done right.  All these rumors are fun but when we find out they aren't true it's disappointing. I wouldn't even care if the new game has nothing to do with Red Dead and a completely different title...well, as long as it has a western setting I will be happy. 

I really feel like something will happen soon but at the same time I don't want to get my hopes up.

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 816
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 06:11:05 PM »
I've also heard the rumours that there won't be an announcement at E3. That the progress on where they needed to be for it hasn't got there yet so they are unwilling to announce it just yet. I'm hoping they are wrong and we do end up hearing about it. Even though Rockstar don't tell to do much at E3, save for the GTAV remaster for the current gen of consoles, last year Bethesda showed what you can do right in the way of announcing Fallout 4, with Fallout shelter being released immediately and also talking about the pre-order and collectors edition perks.

As for the map actually being from Mafia 3, only time will tell. However I think its unlikely as some of the points of interest are those which would only make sense in a western and not in a game set post 1900.

I also don't think Legends of the West will be the title. For a start that was the name of an outfit that John could wear. I don't think they'd want to rehash that. It also means that you might feel like you're playing an overpowered legendary person, rather than an everyday man fighting for his family which is what made John such an amazing character. He didn't feel overpowered or better than anyone else. Didn't have special training or anything. He was just an everyday man trying to get his family back.
Lastly, naming it away from Red Dead (something) would take away a bit from the franchise as a whole. If it were up to me I'd keep going as Red Dead Rebellion, or Red Dead Revolution or something like that. Build on the brand that is Red Dead Revolver, Red Dead Redemption, etc.

Offline ComeAtMeBrah

• LORD - Legends of Red Dead
  • Liked: 921
  • Awards Best at RDR 2014 Worst member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 07:09:49 AM »
I'm a glass half empty guy so no.  For the one day RDR was BC a few months ago some of my friends were playing it online. 

I'm not a huge gamer but I've never heard of a game being 'leaked' & playable on Xbox1 BC early 2+ months in advance.  Nor have I heard of a game being hacked to the point of being unplayable.  I think they realized how f'd up their game is and are against releasing a half-ass game as BC.  But I hope I'm wrong.  R* knows RDR is next in line in demand next to GTA, but R* let modding get out of hand on RDR.

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 08:01:04 AM »
I'm not a huge gamer but I've never heard of a game being 'leaked' & playable on Xbox1 BC early 2+ months in advance. 

Wasn't there something about other titles also accidentally released at the same time? That were also playable for a short period of time. Some of which are now fully backwards compatible. I can't remember exactly which titles it was though.

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 08:25:01 PM »
Well with Black Ops now launched as backwards compatible the main two games that people want are Skyrim and Red Dead. I would not want to be Major Nelson's Inbox right now.

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1547
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 11:11:40 PM »
Well with Black Ops now launched as backwards compatible the main two games that people want are Skyrim and Red Dead. I would not want to be Major Nelson's Inbox right now.

Maybe they will finally be able to play Skyrim at a decent frame rate.

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 12:18:36 AM »

Maybe they will finally be able to play Skyrim at a decent frame rate.

I've actually got Skyrim on 360 ready and waiting. I was actually thinking about replaying it the other day. I just worry it will mean I won't be seen for a few months.

Offline UvS Atlantis

• A free hunter.
  • Liked: 153
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 04:04:07 AM »
Well since Take Two (publisher) told the media to be prepared for soon excitement, cause Rockstar Games are working on more then one big projects, wich gonna get announced very soon, I guess we have good chances that Rdr2 gonna get announced for next year and maybe even bc rdr announcement kinda fallout shelter last year.
OLD Riflehand

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Сука Блять
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 12:52:11 PM »
Beaterator 2 get hyped

Offline ComeAtMeBrah

• LORD - Legends of Red Dead
  • Liked: 921
  • Awards Best at RDR 2014 Worst member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2016, 05:32:02 AM »
I'm not a huge gamer but I've never heard of a game being 'leaked' & playable on Xbox1 BC early 2+ months in advance. 

Wasn't there something about other titles also accidentally released at the same time? That were also playable for a short period of time. Some of which are now fully backwards compatible. I can't remember exactly which titles it was though.

I don't know, but maybe they released those games since they actually work right.

Maybe when they were testing RDR one of Glitched Matrix's fatboy virgin disciples spawned a bunch of stagecoaches and froze the tester's XB1, and he gave the game the no go.

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2016, 07:35:05 AM »
<snip>
I don't know, but maybe they released those games since they actually work right.

Maybe when they were testing RDR one of Glitched Matrix's fatboy virgin disciples spawned a bunch of stagecoaches and froze the tester's XB1, and he gave the game the no go.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if something like this was the case. If during the testing phase it didn't pass quality control on the servers because of the glitches, Microsoft may have come back to them and asked them to fix it before they try a market an effectively broken game.

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2016, 02:50:23 AM »
A few sites reporting a potential games with Gold June leak. An interesting title in there.

Offline UvS Atlantis

• A free hunter.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2016, 12:22:03 PM »
A few sites reporting a potential games with Gold June leak. An interesting title in there.

(Image removed from quote.)
Yeah but for the xbox 360 not for xbox one. And this is what some of the sites didnt understood clearly. Here we see two games for xbone and two for 360
OLD Riflehand

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2016, 12:29:31 PM »
While not as exciting as if it were for Xbox one, it could mean it's in their crosshairs at least.  RDR has had a lot of buzz lately online.  Sometimes, where there's smoke, there's fire. 

Offline UvS Atlantis

• A free hunter.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2016, 12:39:25 PM »
Well yeah we can hope for it. At least if it's gonna get fixed for 360 during the time it's free on xbox 360, I am happy.
OLD Riflehand

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2016, 06:15:56 PM »
While not as exciting as if it were for Xbox one, it could mean it's in their crosshairs at least.  RDR has had a lot of buzz lately online.  Sometimes, where there's smoke, there's fire.

Haven't most 360 games with gold titles been backwards compatible since late last year though? I don't have a definitive list but I did read somewhere something along those lines. Also having Red Dead as the games with gold during E3 month is interesting to say the least. Considering how we were so unsure how much they would promote it with its server issues it actually looks like a positive step.

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2016, 06:42:23 PM »
Yeah, that seems true.  I just went back and looked - every 360 game released for games with gold in 2016 is also now backwards comp.  So that is a good sign.

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2016, 07:11:15 PM »
Yeah, that seems true.  I just went back and looked - every 360 game released for games with gold in 2016 is also now backwards comp.  So that is a good sign.

I can just see it now. Let me set the scene.

Microsofts E3 press briefing.
Talking about how successful the backwards compatibility has been.
10,000,0000 hours played on BC games
One of them being titles like such and such crappy arcade game.
And such and such independent developer games.
And big triple A titles like Black Ops.
And Red Dead Redemption.
We listened to what you wanted, and we delivered.
Oh, and talking of Red Dead Redemption. Here's someone from Rockstar to talk to you about it.
Oh, and theres a new Red Dead.
Crowd goes wild!!

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Сука Блять
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2016, 07:41:13 PM »
Hopefully it's not a Red Dead pachinko machine.

"Hit the lever ya damn nag!"