Username: Password:

Author Topic: [Sports] Motor racing  (Read 2856 times)

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 816
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[Sports] Motor racing
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2016, 09:41:26 PM »
Hahaha. Vettel did indeed get penalised for his move under braking. 10s time penalty moves him back behind Max and moves Danny Ric up to third.
There will be a lot of debate around it but I think both decisions were correct. Max made a mistake and should of given up the spot. Even his team got on the radio to tell him. Vettel was clearly impaired by it, but the move under braking needs to have a message sent and I think they did that loud and clear.
I can just imagine how much Vettel would of lost his mind when he heard the news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5479
  • Adios, half soldier
  • Awards Best Contributor 2014
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
Re: [Sports] Motor racing
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2016, 02:08:03 AM »
I just read the news :) I can live with a fourth place for Max.

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 781
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2017, 01:18:57 PM »
Another F1 race in the UK in decussion.......... but it always boils down to money and what other stuff the government can spend it on (like themselves, weekends in swanky hotels with tarts) I say build it..... it will bring businesses, people, jobs to the area.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-39141355

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2017, 03:09:35 AM »
I don't think its a simple as that. There's no doubt another race will create jobs, and I'm sure fans will attend. But at some point we have to wonder how long a season can be. Where does it stop? 22 races? 25? 30 races? In a business that has been trying to cut the costs down as much as possible (using less and less engines, etc) keeping on extending the season means teams either have to use more engines, or they have to keep the ones they have for longer meaning it becomes less about the racing and more about the endurance. Which is what a lot of fans have been complaining about over the last 3-4 years.

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 781
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[Sports] Motor racing
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2017, 03:50:13 AM »
Building another racing complex does not mean just F1 racing..... at our other race circuits across the U.K. (Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Rockingham and other little commercial circuits in between. There would be the super bike season, classic car race events, drag races.

And as for bringing jobs to the area.... businesses are going to want to set up within the race circuit complex.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2017, 04:26:59 AM »
Sure, other codes will surely love to use the track. But without a huge F1 backing (decade long contract etc) would the funding be made available in the hope that F1 will come to the track?

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2017, 07:02:35 PM »
We are days away from the return of F1. On track action starts again in about 24 hours for the support races, and about 48 for the main F1. Get hyped!

I'd love to see how the testing pace relates to actual practice and qualifying pace, and also how the new wider cars/tyres changes the overtaking.

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2017, 08:54:14 AM »
Okay, so second race (we aren't talking about the first race because Ricciardo can have no luck at all).

And both practice sessions are basically a wipeout because the medical helicopter can't land at the hospital. Will make getting running tomorrow very important. Also could see the track still evolving as the race goes on. Might make strategy a bit harder to work with.

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Adios, half soldier
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2017, 09:09:25 AM »
I haven't seen the first race... but I'm keen to see how fast Hamilton is when Verstappen isn't slowing him down lol :)

@Chalk how was it to see the new cars? Any differences worth mentioning?

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2017, 09:18:37 AM »
I haven't seen the first race... but I'm keen to see how fast Hamilton is when Verstappen isn't slowing him down lol :)

@Chalk how was it to see the new cars? Any differences worth mentioning?

They look beastly. The wider tyres and wider overall cars just LOOK powerful.

Also its interesting to note which teams do/do not run various elements:
T-Wing -  small T shaped part in front of the rear wing.
C and D wings - Extended sidepods. Most notable on the Ferrari and Red Bulls
Shark Fin - Piece from behind the driver that extends to the length near the rear wing like in this image.

Sidenote, all the rear wings being much smaller and lower also makes them look quite different.

EDIT: Oh, and best liveries go to Toro-Rosso, with McHonda in second. Worst goes to Force India who have gone pink for sponsorship money.

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Adios, half soldier
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2017, 05:38:07 AM »
Just saw the cars going around full speed and they look better. Pretty wide and they look lower too. Sound is stil mwah...

Seems the G forces and corner speed are higher too, the qualification lap time was way quicker :)

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2017, 05:49:37 AM »
Yeah the cars are around 3-4 seconds a lap quicker so we are sure to see lap records broken almost every weekend. The drivers have said how much more physical it is to drive now too.

Bit rough that because Giovanazzi crashed it meant 3-4 drivers behind him were impacted and couldn't go quicker. Its still something which I'm not sure there is an answer for. Short of having every driver setting their own lap as being the only driver on the track, but that would take too long and give the advantage to the drivers going last. I mean it could be worked out if the orders from Q1 or Q2 was the order you went out in Q3 on your own for in an old style Shootout type of qualifying format, but I'm not sure it would take with the F1 crowd.

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Adios, half soldier
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2017, 09:20:03 AM »
It's tough for those who are impacted by it, but I think it is a good rule for safety.

FIA predicted 6 seconds.a lap faster didn't they? They also expected fuel consumption not to be as high as it is; were there any fuel issues for teams? (I think they can carry 5kg extra this year?)

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2017, 09:49:08 AM »
It's tough for those who are impacted by it, but I think it is a good rule for safety.

FIA predicted 6 seconds.a lap faster didn't they? They also expected fuel consumption not to be as high as it is; were there any fuel issues for teams? (I think they can carry 5kg extra this year?)

I think it was closer to 4 seconds a lap. Maybe more around some circuits and less around others (Albert Park was closer to 2.5 secs). I don't think there are that heavy changes to the fuel. I think there is just now limitations on the fuel blends each team can use. And each team can only use 2 different types in any race weekend, meaning we get less performance differences between practice, qualifying and race. The added weight the cars are allowed to have is more to accommodate for the additional parts and wider tyres.

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1547
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2017, 09:01:07 PM »
That pink car is beautiful Chalk and I am insulted you would say otherwise.

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Adios, half soldier
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2017, 01:50:19 AM »
I actually like the Force India livery :)

Nice race yesterday; lot's of action with Stroll in the gravel and Giovinazzi (or something) crashing twice in roughly the same spot o_O

Great start and race by Max Verstappen, not sure about the whiny part in the end? Pressure from Daniel perhaps?

Bottas spinning behind the safety car won't do him any good, but at least he did better than McLaren, Williams and Sauber...

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2017, 10:00:54 AM »
That photo of the livery makes it look half decent. Its pretty awful in live pictures.

I think one thing that went unnoticed from that race was the strategy wonder by Red Bull. When the Safety Car came out and virtually everyone who wasn't already on slicks came and made the change the safety car had to drive through the pit so the crew could clean up properly. The first time through they didn't pit Ricciardo. At first they were confused because they assumed everyone had pitted (time screen shows Pit everytime they enter so couldn't be relied on) but saw he was still on Inters. The next lap around he pitted for slicks and still kept his 2nd spot, jumping Kimi and Bottas). It seemed unusual and risky at first but what it meant was that right behind him Verstappen was able to pit without any delay. Bottas didn't have such a luxury and had to queue behind Hamilton, causing him to drop below Daniel. If Daniel had pitted, Max would of had to wait, and with a long queue of cars forming may have lost most of the positions he made up on the first lap.

Giovanazzi has now had a streak of spins on the last corner. First at Melbourne and now twice at Shanghai. Can we go for another next race?

Bottas spinning behind the Safety Car really cost him any chance. With that car he could of made a run at the podium with ease.

Although the bulls looked better this round I worry that they just don't have the qualifying pace, or the race pace (they used super softs when everyone else was on softs) to really made too many challenges. Might sneak and podium here or there with some luck but still need more pure pace to get anything more.

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Adios, half soldier
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2017, 12:58:36 PM »
For sure. Their reaction to the unusual is usually good, that might be their only chance on any succes.

Online will136

• Saddle Tramp
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1054
  • as long as we get paid or you get shot, I'm happy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2017, 03:07:11 PM »
Indy 500 ... they both walk away ...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QmrF5p9hEI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QmrF5p9hEI</a>

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Adios, half soldier
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2017, 04:00:13 PM »
Crazy race! That white car that drove underneath him...!

*edit* in Formule 1 today, a car ended up on it's side, crazy raceweekend 8)