Username: Password:

Author Topic: [Sports] Motor racing  (Read 2960 times)

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5481
  • Adios, half soldier
  • Awards Best Contributor 2014
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
Re: [Sports] Motor racing
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2017, 04:12:56 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj8E6vyvTlE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj8E6vyvTlE</a>

Online will136

• Saddle Tramp
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1056
  • as long as we get paid or you get shot, I'm happy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2017, 04:29:41 PM »
F1 race earlier this morning was great ... here is a link to the crash video from the race ... congrats to Sebastian Vettel winning for Ferrari ...

https://f1.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/1ldGdkYjE6CNnn6Z6NOdMgnWWpX-0DgJ/DOcJ-FxaFrRg4gtDIwOnI5OjBrO1KrWQ?_=k23p46

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 819
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2017, 07:00:06 PM »
Was an okay race I guess for Monaco. Mostly boring with a couple of crashes here and there. Standard stuff. As much as I love the Monaco race it really just is whoever can get the pole position, and not stuff up their pit strategy or crash. You do that and you're in a great position. Was there any overtakes done out on the track at all? I don't recall seeing any. At least not clean ones.

Good result for Ricciardo though. Another podium. Car will still be a long way off on other tracks though which is a shame. Was kind hoping it would be a 3 team battle with 5-6 drivers all having their fair share. But it seems its becoming more and more of a Vettel-Hamilton fight with Kimi-Bottas a clear 3/4, and the Red Bulls another step further back.

Online will136

• Saddle Tramp
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1056
  • as long as we get paid or you get shot, I'm happy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2017, 08:28:41 PM »
watching the after race awards and interviews i got the feeling that Kimi felt like Ferrari's pitting strats favored Sebastian and cost him the win since he did lead most of the race ahead of his team mate ... and i did hear one of the announcers comment that he wondered when Kimi would be told to give Sebastian the lead for the drivers points ... seems i'm not the only one that saw it that way ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-1/2017/05/28/monaco-grand-prix-2017-live-updates/

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2017, 12:05:34 AM »
Oh for sure Ferrari are happy that Vettel won to really apply pressure to Hamilton in the driver's standing. I'm sure that eventually Kimi would of been asked to move aside. Although I think in this case they probably were relieved with how quickly Vettel managed to go after Kimi pitted. Danny Ric did the same thing and overtook Bottas and Verstappen which was great for him because otherwise he was just running a race by himself in 5th.

Although they didn't manufacture this as much as they could have, they just got the strategy wrong with Kimi by trying to avoid an undercut by Bottas and Verstappen. But I think a lot of people were seeing that an undercut was never going to work and the overcut was going to be effective.

Highlight of the race: (Audio from Alonso to Button just prior to race start)
"I'm going to pee in your seat!"

Shame that Button and then Alonso (In the Indy 500) both retired with issues. Just like old times aye?

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Adios, half soldier
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2017, 02:38:22 PM »
Well, that was a short race for Verstappen...

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2017, 03:10:25 AM »
Well, that was a short race for Verstappen...

But exciting one. Good move at the start but a bit unlucky with the car. He also managed to ruin Vettel's race a bit which ended up helping Danny Ric get on the podium and make Sir Patrick Stewart do a shoey. So in the end, everyone wins.

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Adios, half soldier
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2017, 04:05:46 AM »
I'm not unhappy with how the rest turned out :)

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Adios, half soldier
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2017, 11:11:51 AM »
Whaaa what a race, everything was in there... Too bad Verstappen had to retire again... :(
And Vettel's 10 second penalty is a big joke...