Username: Password:

Author Topic: GTAOnline impressions  (Read 1105 times)

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 819
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
GTAOnline impressions
« on: June 14, 2016, 02:30:23 AM »
I haven't really delved into GTAO that much until just recently. When I did play it was usually solo or with my housemate and his brother. The last couple of days I've been trying to get into doing some heists and jobs with matchmaking. Boy good help can be hard to find. Most of the matches either take way too long to fill and I give up and try solo jobs, or the guys I get stuck with have no idea. Now I don't want to complain too much because I have barely touched GTAO and the heists, but its hard when the guys are so frustrating. During one of the setup missions earlier one of the guys just did not get the idea that when you are meant to take people out via stealth instead not to get in their line of sight. 25 retries later......

I think its really emphasises just how much having a regular "crew" is helpful. Anyone have any issues before or have any other insights?

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1548
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
Re: GTAOnline impressions
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 04:06:50 AM »
My problem with GTAO is it takes so long to unlock anything. Get to such and such a level, gets MILLIONS of dollars to buy this or that. It's annoying but doubly so because of the micro-transactions. Feels like an MMO.

Anyway, yeah playing solo can be a pain. Especially on heists. Just assume your team mates are going to die at any second, because they probably will.

Offline ComeAtMeBrah

• LORD - Legends of Red Dead
  • Liked: 921
  • Awards Best at RDR 2014 Worst member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 05:42:51 AM »
Takes too long to load.  I can literally load into & play half a RDR gang match during the time it takes me to start GTA and load into a free roam.

Worst matchmaking out of any game I've played.  They added all these things and modes but you can barely play them unless you have a bunch of friends to play with.  People rarely accept invites.  You should be able to press select and go straight to some deathmatches, TDM, races, etc like on RDR.  And bring your posse of 8 with you. >:(

I don't like how a low level basically has no chance.  In RDR you could be a level 1 and takeover a free roam(scavenger of player's guns or just with a repeater carbine) & everyone had the same things in gang matches.  GTA4 had weapons scattered around the map for everybody.  GTA5 you have to spend hours leveling up and acquiring money to buy weapons & all the other advantages higher levels have. :-\

Those are just some of my gripes with it but I still have fun on it.  It's funner with friends or people to play with.  But I honestly don't like the direction R* took with this game.  It was just one big intricate way for them to sell shark cards if you think about it(which worked).

i think of GTA4, RDR, MP3 as arcadey games you could pick up and play.  while i think of GTA5 as just one big grind.

Feels like an MMO.

it is an MMO  :(

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2544
  • Awards Best Mod 2014 Most Helpful 2014 Most like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 06:23:37 AM »
Many of us were huge fans of pvp in red dead, but I really hated it in GTAO.  The controls felt clunky and strange, and made you feel less in control. 

Theres a lot of cool things to do in GTAO, but I'm a competitive person and so the part that I expected the most let me down.

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5481
  • Adios, half soldier
  • Awards Best Contributor 2014
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 06:39:58 AM »
Loved every second in free roam :) but after 2,5 years and most friends switching to ps4, it got boring quickly...

Offline silebyboy

• هذا هو في اللغة العربية
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 613
  • Flipmode is the greatest.
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 08:12:21 AM »
I think I've only ever done one heist and that was the first one that you can do with just 2 people, did it with my brother.

Tried setting up a heist a few times just lately but after waiting 10 mins or more for people to join I eventually gave up.

Quickly gave up onPVP in GTAV personally as it's just shit with automatic guns. Give me a revolver any day.

Offline silebyboy

• هذا هو في اللغة العربية
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 613
  • Flipmode is the greatest.
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 08:14:08 AM »
Loved every second in free roam :) but after 2,5 years and most friends switching to ps4, it got boring quickly...

VMB, you should seriously pick up a copy for your PS4. You always think of great free roam activities and I want to benefit from that. I'm just not creative enough to think of anything myself.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1140
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 08:51:47 PM »
I will have to agree that the loading times alone are what make GTAO horrible to play.  Only a few of my friends and I have the patience to wait and get a heist or good session going.  We usually get a group together and get into a friends only session and then go to different game modes from there....especially now with the new Finance and Felony update! I'll be damned if I'm gonna have to pay for my crates only to have them blown up by morons.

It is definitely better to have a few loyal friends or friends of friends to play heists together....I never do a heist with randoms.

There are several ways to level up without it feeling so much like monotonous grinding:  I love some of the adversaries and those silly player generated LTS's like Rockets and Insurgents, Karumas and mini-guns,  Demo derbys....there's too many to list here, but anyway, they are so much fun you don't feel like it's grinding and you get loads of RP and $$$. I have a whole bunch of them bookmarked. 

To unlock stuff doing races, you need to do a very short race (Criminal Records), set it on 1 lap, choose super cars only, and have at least one friend who will let you win. Same with an air race, rally race and a sea race to unlock some paint colors.

Chalk, send me a message if you want to play sometime...or anyone else on Xbox (send friend request if you're not on my list)

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 819
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
GTAOnline impressions
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 09:48:02 PM »
I might give it a bit more of a go tonight. I figure the weekend might add a fair chunk to the player base and might make finding matches a bit easier.
If anyone's around this weekend and wants to play let me know. I am working during the day but that usually coincides with your mornings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 785
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2016, 02:01:12 PM »
So one more year of GTA, and we are done......... its been fun and quite an adventure.

Races, free roam fun, heists, making our own game modes in Creator, making movies with Rockstar Editor (which hopefully will be built into the RDR2 Online server)

1 year..... 1 more year of what ever Rockstar add to GTA Online between now and Autumn next year.